Join Now   Login Select a Language: English   Visit Playstation.Blog.EU

2 rating, 370 votes2 rating, 370 votes

Score

Votes

Call of Duty 4 Trophy Patch

Idea 4345 | Posted in , by | March 18, 2010

i loved this game i would buy it in a heart beat if there was trophy support

24 Comments

Lagspike_exe  |  March 18th, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Infinity Ward stated there will be no trophy support for Call of Duty 4 and I’m really not sure how Sony can change this. :P

W1ngf00t  |  March 18th, 2010 at 2:53 pm

I agree w/ ya solid, but I think that Lagspike is right…..Sony probably doesn’t have much say in the matter.

We can always hope!

Krauser870  |  March 18th, 2010 at 3:09 pm

This idea should be submitted to Infinity Ward not Sony.

MrBeatdown  |  March 18th, 2010 at 3:21 pm

As much as I would love to see this happen, it ain’t happening. Infinity Ward already said no.

PureFunk  |  March 18th, 2010 at 3:31 pm

this is software, not hardware

Bigman305  |  March 18th, 2010 at 6:10 pm

join us in the present buy modern warfare 2

b1gm1ke2521  |  March 19th, 2010 at 5:10 am

Cod4 single player was revolutionary and deserves to have trophy support or at least allow ingame music for multiplayer.

snestop  |  March 19th, 2010 at 11:54 am

I’d love Cod4 trophies. Make it happen Sony!

Demonhunter84  |  April 26th, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Its too late to patch with trophies.

PipBowl  |  June 30th, 2010 at 12:36 am

trophies are very popular. many people, such as myself, would buy, and even play any game with trophies much more than any other game without..

MadnessUgur  |  September 25th, 2010 at 10:46 am

Yes really they need to patch the game to added Trophies.

I’m sure that 100/100 gamers who play COD 4 wants a patch to get trophies !

JStubert  |  February 10th, 2011 at 2:18 am

I bought this game(COD4) when it originally came out when trophies never really existed. There were “currently” no trophies for the game. In general, when the PS Trophie system came out I was grateful and waited for somethign like this to happen.I bought a grand new PS3, then I’ve recently bought the Greatest Hits version of COD:MW(4), and it display’s Trophies on the back of the case where the game info is displayed on the backs of all games! As exicited as I was, my dreams were crashed shortly after I had installed the “greatest hits” version: noticing that there was no TROPHY FOLDER on the PS3 system after I installed the game.
>I’m kinda P!$$3D< 8( & Sad
LoL
This is false advertisement, is it not?

JStubert  |  February 10th, 2011 at 2:38 am

IT(COD4 GRT>HITS>) HOSESTLY doesn’t have any potential of being played at all anymore. All of the other COD’s have trophies, why can’t this one?! I had full intentions of playing the game through again(CAMPAIGN), actually I was really stoked too! & see it had Trophies. Now I don’t even what to play it. It’s wierd the situation we’re dealing with here.

I’ll call it Trophy Dilema… x_x

SSGSCOUT  |  July 23rd, 2011 at 8:47 pm

That stinks when you don’t have any trophies on call of duty 4 modern warfare I think it stinks too

GeneralChaz9  |  August 9th, 2011 at 6:54 am

@JStubert, can’t a company be sued for that? Same with Metal Gear Solid 4. Why would they put trophies on the back when there isnt! I know it would be weird to sue Sony or Infinity Ward over imaginary trophies but you would win. I would be glad to play this game in depth if they added support!

GeneralChaz9  |  August 9th, 2011 at 6:56 am

@7, I have Modern Warfare 2, and Black Ops, and have Platinumed them both. I also have a close Platinum in World at War.

CoD 4 trophies would be kinda cool so I can say I Platinumed it too. Only if CoD 3 had trophies too lol

Rodney773  |  September 15th, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Yes it IS false advertisement to place a statement on a sales packaging that IS NOT TRUE!
An example is when a package cover (or backing) states it has trophy support and it DOES NOT.
RELEASE the trophies or give us back our money!

beastlypop60  |  November 28th, 2011 at 11:37 pm

I just bought cod4 because i hate MW3 and i heard that it was good

Alkaiser27  |  December 15th, 2011 at 8:50 pm

with all the money Infinity ward makes how hard would it be to make a simple patch.

Full-Clip_Killer  |  December 20th, 2011 at 4:19 am

I play the 360 and the ps3 in equal measure, what I do find unusual is that fallout 3 is one of the many early ps3 releases that were patched for trophies, yet the Simpsons, assassins creed, and cod4 seem unwillng to imminent trophies when they already have them defined for the 360.

At the point of seeing no trophies I put down the ps3 copy and pick up the 360 copy if available marking it as with including something yet not having betrays my trust as a consumer and will make me ditch a franchise on a specific platform and go for the other.

Full-Clip_Killer  |  December 20th, 2011 at 4:24 am

Excuse the English I was using my phone, damn you auto correct.

lilmay102397  |  February 1st, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Vote to patch all the games that have no trophies.

Bluefire454  |  July 11th, 2012 at 11:57 pm

You know what I hate the most? Looking at the back of my Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare Greatest Hits case, and seeing “Trophies” on the back. Then I start the game, and I can’t earn Trophies. It pisses me off SO much!