Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU
-107 rating, 411 votes-107 rating, 411 votes

-107
Score

Votes

A headset option that plugs into the controller

Idea 6955 | Posted in , , by | March 21, 2010

Let’s face it, I destroyed my third Bluetooth headset (machine washing, etc.). The current USB headset plugs into the PS3, but aht is ~10 feet from my TV.

18 Comments

Keylon  |  March 21st, 2010 at 7:52 am

the ps3 controller is no usb host so you cant use an headset through the controller

KrisWorld  |  March 21st, 2010 at 7:58 am

Use bluetooth, it is better without wires.

TopBanana0769  |  March 21st, 2010 at 8:12 am

I prefer bluetooth. i can’t stand the wired headset I use for my Xbox.

KewlDaddyCollett  |  March 21st, 2010 at 9:16 am

better yet, let’s just make the PS3 hardware have the same exact functionality as the 360

BalramRules  |  March 21st, 2010 at 10:21 am

I agree with comment 2,3 and 4 totally, i hate wires, bluetooth is awesome and the PS3 and 360 have a lot more in common than you think, don’t you think??
lool =P

AquaAssassin  |  March 21st, 2010 at 3:08 pm

Wired Communication > Wireless Communication

Bluetooth Technology is INFERIOR to wired…Wired:
- Higher Quality(Bluetooth had bandwidth limits)
- Less Latency
- No Charging

Rycr  |  March 21st, 2010 at 4:26 pm

I’m pretty sure if you machine-wash ANY headset, bluetooth or not, you’ll run a pretty high risk of destroying it.

cfcj12  |  March 21st, 2010 at 5:13 pm

i get what you mean, it would be ok to have a headset that plugs in like that mini keyboard thing, but it would be even better to just no be an idiot and not put you headset in the washing machine. -1

Lucca202  |  March 22nd, 2010 at 8:09 am

…How the heck did you manage to wash your HEADset?! Did you put your head in the washing machine?

Also, the DS3 isn’t a USB host and that would be plagiarizing Microsoft.

phinnv8  |  March 22nd, 2010 at 5:37 pm

No idea why this is voted down so much, its a pretty damn good idea. It would be nice to have a USB headset option that plugged into the controller, I’d even get one as backup if my bluetooth dies.

RyanMcBainDOTcom  |  March 23rd, 2010 at 2:01 am

Why are people voting this down? This option would only make the PS3 better.

BeatDownBen  |  March 23rd, 2010 at 3:13 pm

Yeah I like this idea and it could probably be made cheaply so they could package it in with the PS3 or sell.

Scavengre  |  March 23rd, 2010 at 8:26 pm

Wired headsets are far superior the set I have has a 12′ cord and uses the optical cable so that I get Dolby Pro Logic II surround sound and it never needs charging ;)

Slayer0720  |  March 24th, 2010 at 1:24 pm

I’ll take my wireless bluetooth, thank you

ImpossibleReason  |  April 5th, 2010 at 12:03 am

“How the heck did you manage to wash your HEADset?! Did you put your head in the washing machine?”

LMAO!!

I was wondreing the same thing. Maybe he doesn’t have a lid & it fell in when he was staring down in the spin cycle.

Seriously hahaha that made my day.. or night. How in the world does this happen did you like put it in your pocket & forget it was in there? Blue tooth should not be in pockets if you don’t check your pockets. Wear it on a necklace or something then set it down away from any appliance like the microwave or toaster. Any one of those could like.. break your bluetooth.

spatsnaz  |  April 7th, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Take better care of your stuff perhaps? Not Sony’s fault.

MagusTen  |  June 7th, 2011 at 2:48 pm

I know this is more than a year old.

I vote in favor of the headset plugging into the controller as an option. Not the standard. Bluetooth, plug into the PS3 or the controller. Your choice. Why is that so bad?