Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU
3 rating, 3,801 votes3 rating, 3,801 votes

+3,601
Score

3,801
Votes

DiVX Plus HD / DiVX 7 certification for PS3!

Idea 8903 | Posted in , by | March 26, 2010

Make the Playstation 3 a true media powerhouse; certify PS3 for DiVX Plus HD / DiVX 7 suport — including support for .MKV files! Don’t let the PS3 be left behind as technology is improving. Vote Now!

212 Comments

Pages: 1 2 3 5

syk1288  |  March 26th, 2010 at 2:54 pm

DiVX7??? DiVX10 is out or 9 i think. Why 7?

fourtwenty2009  |  March 26th, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Sorry for the confusion. This idea, submitted by me, is more that PS3 should be DiVX Plus HD certified. I’m not sure which version of DiVX that is, the newer the better. The important part is the DiVX Plus HD Certification, upgrading the PS3 DiVX to a version which supports more modern and higher quality containers such as .MKV files. Thanks for commenting/voting for this idea.

nas2344  |  March 29th, 2010 at 8:35 am

yup this would make the ps3 a real beast! lets do it Sony!

zachattackary  |  April 5th, 2010 at 3:27 am

Make that Divx Plus 8. That is the latest out.

porfitron  |  April 5th, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Yes, DivX Plus HD means the PS3 would be able to play MKV files with H.264 video and surround sound natively… Let’s do it!!!

Blazian  |  April 6th, 2010 at 11:58 pm

It doesn’t matter what version of DivX is the latest and greatest. The true fact is that DivX Plus HD certification would make the PS3 up to date on all that DivX has to offer right now. Especially the ability to natively play MKV files. I would definitely use the DivX Plus HD Converter for all of my movies to watch on my PS3 then.

Blazian  |  April 7th, 2010 at 12:31 am

We need to push this for all PS3 owners around the world. VOTE this UP and tell your friends!!!

AMGyoudai  |  April 7th, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Definitely would be a plus and a smart move for Sony given the fact that purchasing a native MKV player is incredibly expensive, why buy one of those when you can get a PS3 instead that does the same thing plus everything else. It’d be a one up on the 360 too, add it to the already long list of things the PS3 can do that the 360 cannot.

HarmfulGravemind  |  April 22nd, 2010 at 9:39 am

I am wating for this since divx told us that divx plus hd is official. come on sony, this would make the ps3 the most awesome non pc media player out there!

DiscZero  |  April 23rd, 2010 at 2:51 pm

Yes, MKV support for PS3.

Bernkastell  |  April 25th, 2010 at 8:09 pm

Im guessing the people who are down-voting this are idiots who either 1)have no idea what they are doing or 2) some company that has something against MKV and wants THEIR format supported.

I swear.. I get a PS3 and its supposed to be this “all around media device” and it cant even support something as commonly used as MKV? for pathetic Sony… I guess the little 99$ home media player is more capable then a PS3

NYCYakuzaKyo  |  May 4th, 2010 at 6:51 pm

Voted. Of course they advertise the system as “doing everything” so this should have been in on day one.

GekooktEi  |  May 4th, 2010 at 7:39 pm

This is a definite up!! I just bought an HDTV so now I want to join everything in HD, with other words watch anything ending with .mkv on my tv (which means I have to play it with the PS3).

blubberblase1337  |  May 5th, 2010 at 3:16 am

WE NEED THAT! :D
ps3 no mkv = streaming = why not nativly?!?!

djrobsd  |  May 5th, 2010 at 3:17 am

This would be huge, please do this sony!!!!!!

mrgurr  |  May 5th, 2010 at 3:23 am

Yes, I love using my PS3 for media. So tired of having to start up my computer to watch MKVs with it’s WIRED keyboard, so I have to get out of bed!

blubberblase1337  |  May 5th, 2010 at 3:24 am

i dont understand why some people vote “no”. it will be free for use and you get more features! :D

chechi32  |  May 5th, 2010 at 6:53 am

Yes, divxHD and MKV support for PS3 !!

Widfara  |  May 5th, 2010 at 7:34 am

Yes!!! The TOP!!!! divxHD and mkv files!!! With ntfs hdd…

fourtwenty2009  |  May 5th, 2010 at 9:02 am

@25 DiVX Plus HD = MKV support

psybr1  |  May 5th, 2010 at 9:13 am

yes yes yes the best for the best is only logical and should be obvious this is an upgrade not like some recent dubious ones there should also be support for hd drives larger than 120gb hey that could be another upgrade :-)

fourtwenty2009  |  May 5th, 2010 at 9:15 am

@27 What are you talking about larger HDD’s? I have a 500GB 7200rpm HDD in my PS3.

clafla5  |  May 5th, 2010 at 10:05 am

MKV and HD is simply a MUST! It’s the sign Sony need to issue now that PS3 is always keeping pace and actually this is THE DISTINCTIVE FACTOR

The browser’d also be able to play/support any streaming

lewace11  |  May 5th, 2010 at 12:11 pm

I’ve been wanting this feature for ages.

nerdydaddy  |  May 5th, 2010 at 5:16 pm

I have told people for over 5 years that DivX is the future of digital movies (even though it’s been around longer than that). I even have my nearly 80 year old grandmother using it and my 60 year old dad too. I teach my kids to use it as well, and my wife is pretty proficient in it to where she is comfortable to do some home movies on her own. It is the only format that is EASY to convert and ensures that the file will work on any device that is certified to play it, thereby eliminating sloppy transcoding and confusion for beginners. This is a no brainer, especially since a DivX Plus MKV file can deliver the exceptional HD quality at nearly half the file size of a standard DivX file, not to mention extras such as subs. Sony, flags should be going up and alarms should be blaring somewhere. Get on this before Microsoft or Nintendo does and you are late to the game.

burningcloud39  |  May 5th, 2010 at 6:03 pm

It only does Divx Plus HD. We need to have it.

SpartanLeader1  |  May 5th, 2010 at 6:29 pm

The BIG question is: Who is voting no? There is not one smart person who has an opposing opinion, isnt is clear? who would benefit from it?

fourtwenty2009  |  May 5th, 2010 at 7:51 pm

A big +1 to @31 thanks for posting!

fourtwenty2009  |  May 5th, 2010 at 7:54 pm

@33 I don’t think that’s a very big question. 96% of people who took time to vote for this idea voted yes. That’s a pretty impressive figure, I’m not as worried about the 4% who downvote as much as I am that bureaucracy within Sony will delay or deny this feature that so many of us so clearly want them to implement.

A response on this feature please Sony!

mydigi  |  May 5th, 2010 at 8:22 pm

Yes! Can watch divx and mkv up to 1080p PS3! please Sony!

FOS  |  May 5th, 2010 at 8:59 pm

Panasonic just announced mkv and divx plus hd support on upcoming 3D blu-ray player. Sony, please don’t get left behind. Especially having the most upgradable Blu-ray player / media machine on the market.

PhillyManOfSteel  |  May 5th, 2010 at 9:40 pm

For the LOVE OF GOD Sony please add MKV support already!!

fourtwenty2009  |  May 5th, 2010 at 9:54 pm

## Help spread the word by Re-tweeting, posting on Facebook, emailing this to your PS3 owning friends: ##

Vote YES for DivX Plus HD / MKV Support on the PS3!: http://bit.ly/arT5yo and http://bit.ly/aioIsp @playstation blog share #ps3

Runawayshinobi1  |  May 5th, 2010 at 10:42 pm

For the sake of your motto “It Only Does Everything” please add DiVX Plus HD / DiVX 7 to the PS3 and after that Flash 10.

saurontallous  |  May 6th, 2010 at 2:02 am

Yes to Sony adding Divx HD certification. Yes to mkv on the PS3. This would save a lot of time having to convert to different formats and increased file sizes. Yes Yes Yes! Do it, do it now!

niiofei  |  May 6th, 2010 at 7:39 am

Yep, I am all for Divx HD, (MKV)format on the PS3. Otherwise competitor media players will make PS3 ancient.
Although licensed since 2007 for Adobe Flash,PS3 Firmware Upgrades never incorporate FLASH improvements.
Adding lossless FLAC Audio would broaden this elite player’s competitiveness.

dy08ke  |  May 6th, 2010 at 4:09 pm

I do agree with certification of DivX 7 for PS3

barkbarkwoof  |  May 7th, 2010 at 6:20 am

It’s a good way for them to sink XBox. You can already do it on a 360.

kotyara666  |  May 8th, 2010 at 1:40 am

Я думаю что PS3 должен быт высоко технологичным .

burnworld  |  May 9th, 2010 at 3:18 pm

please support, I have no other way to view my mkv files. Having it on the PS3 would be great.

Pages: 1 2 3 5