Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU
232 rating, 336 votes232 rating, 336 votes

+232
Score

Votes

Bring GTA San Andreas To PS3!

Idea 15246 | Posted in , by | April 22, 2010

In all seriousness, I think I speak for the sane majority, when I say that San Andreas was, and still is, the best game ever created. So please, bring back the insanity, freedom,and brilliance of GTA!

29 Comments

BPatches701  |  April 22nd, 2010 at 5:49 pm

I would support this only if it had online play. SA online on a console would rock!

JM761  |  April 22nd, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Fun fact: Rockstar developed/published GTA: San Andreas. Not Sony.

This idea is the same as asking Ford to make a Civic.

frogman321  |  April 22nd, 2010 at 7:43 pm

if sony actually made it then yes and WTF HAPPEND TO ALL THE FUN CHEAT CODES FROM GT3 – SAN ANDRES like FLYING CARS and RIOT MODE I MISS THEM SO MUCH NOW ITS ALL CARS AND HEALTH :(

carlosm71  |  April 22nd, 2010 at 9:12 pm

No GTA game will ever be the best game created. Symphony of the Night says hi.

FREAKNASTY713  |  April 22nd, 2010 at 9:32 pm

SONY MUST PUT SAN ANDREAS ON THE PS3.SAN ANDREAS BEATS ALL GTAs

FREAKNASTY713  |  April 22nd, 2010 at 9:34 pm

well rockstar and sony need to get together and add san andreas back to the psn.come on.lets get this started.

Julius_2010  |  April 23rd, 2010 at 10:04 am

gta san andreas on psn please (or maybe a remake)
i know its not sony’s game , but maybe they are more influential than i
=P

AnthonyTonyMagic  |  April 23rd, 2010 at 12:03 pm

@2 Of course it’s related to Sony.

Why, you might ask…

Because a current gen San Andreas MUST be PS3 exclusive.

Why would Rockstar do that, naysayers might ask…

Because you couldn’t fit a current-gen San Andreas onto a DVD without compressing the hell out of it. SA would be huge if they updated all the textures and models to the level of GTA IV. And as an open world game, it would suck on multiple discs.

Maybe I’m just dreaming… :)

+1 – I fully support a new version of San Andreas, ported into the GTA IV engine.

BalramRules  |  April 24th, 2010 at 4:37 am

perhaps the GTA Collection should be on blu-ray disc, remastered in HD, online-play for both, the PS2’s PSN & the new PSN (the PCs,PSPs,PS3s,other Sony devices and all future sony consoles will support this one)

and all glitches must be removed!
and cheats must remain, and trophies for each of the three games, “Liberty City Stories,” “Vice City Stories” & “San Andreas.”
One Platinum Trophy for each three gamez =P

ADR143  |  April 24th, 2010 at 10:17 am

i would rather have a sequel of san andreas. pllz rockstar!

but a re-mastered of it including online free roam and competitive and trophies it will be sweet!

rougegoat  |  April 24th, 2010 at 9:06 pm

voted against this solely because of “…San Andreas was, and still is, the best game ever created.” i’m not saying it was a bad game, just that it most definitely isn’t the best game ever. doubly so for the “sane majority” you claim to speak for. plus, this implies that if someone doesn’t agree with you on this that they’re crazy. that’s coincidentally a sign of insanity.

AnthonyTonyMagic  |  April 27th, 2010 at 12:34 am

@11: The ONLY reason you voted it down was because of that phrase? You mean you like the idea, and given the choice of voting for it or staying neutral, you chose to vote it down? Dude, that might not be insane but it’s definitely shooting yourself in the foot.

@10: That’s a good idea. A sequel to San Andreas would be great. In the same way that GTAIV set in a reimagined Liberty City, the new SA could be remade to make it bigger and better.

savethezombies  |  April 29th, 2010 at 11:31 am

I agree that it could be seen as the greatest game ever (one of them at least) but I already bought it for the ps2 and then the PC when I wanted to mod it.

You don’t need to post this here. R* probably doesn’t check this site and I’m sure San Andreas will be on the ps3 when Sony starts selling ps2 games off psn: the reason we no longer have BC. In fact, it will probably be one of the first games they sell.

ericscolon  |  April 30th, 2010 at 1:39 am

Come on really? san andreas the best game ever? Have you even played a game that wasnt gta before? Vice City was the best gta Tommy didnt cry like a little girl when something went wrong like cj did, Tommy got things done.

Irontino  |  July 23rd, 2010 at 10:34 am

As I’m reading all of your comments and with respect to all your opinions SA,VC and III are really good games and non of them can be solely title the best gta ever. However it would be really nice to see them come to the ps3 if not all of them at least SA and well.. meanly SA because in my opinion is the most entertaining gta but that’s only my opinion. And knowing rockstar games from interacting with some of the staff at a previous E3 and the general idea from lots of people that rockstar games don’t really listen to the people that much… now I’m not saying they’re horrible and stuck to their agenda but they’re out of reach. And tell you what I’m willing to pay 59.99+tax for gta SA on ps3 with or without multiplayer because simply i love this game. In final word I hope I didn’t offend or pissed anyone off because that was not my intention and if I did then my apologies in advance. I hope ya’ll have a great day :)

TURRICAN-808  |  August 11th, 2010 at 2:48 am

Awesome idea, San Andreas was more varied in its missions and locations than ALL the other GTA games. A PS2 classic that needs the HD remastered treatment. After the success of God Of War Collection, Rockstar Games could even have a PS2 GTA Trilogy HD disc

tyshawn12  |  September 28th, 2010 at 4:14 am

hell yeah thay should bring back gta SA for a change have gta 4 graphics and online

kingdarryl36  |  December 13th, 2010 at 5:18 pm

yes make the gta san andreas for ps3 best role player game ever i had it bfor ps2 an an i bought more den 4 copies cause either was stolen or i broke it the whole point is that i had to make sure i had it

icykiller  |  December 15th, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Yes!!!! C’mon Sony get together with Rockstar and make it happen!!!

One of the best Ps2 games!

og-kaylon2010  |  January 5th, 2011 at 8:35 am

yes because that was the best gta ever made and i have a 120gb ps3 && i cant even play it

jalbert425  |  January 15th, 2011 at 3:43 pm

omg ive been looking for a place to post something like this. gta san andreas WAS THE BEST EVER!! it was never ending fun. i would buy this only if it had all the cheat codes cause that makes it alot more fun. but still THE BEST!!!

CHUNK121296  |  February 9th, 2011 at 5:49 pm

gta san andreas was the best gta ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bring it to ps3 but online aswell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHUNK121296  |  February 9th, 2011 at 5:53 pm

gta san andreas is crap if u take away the story charicters cars language shops freedom clothing guns girls and propertys

numpguttah  |  February 16th, 2011 at 3:15 am

if rockstar can read this… id say PLEEEEAASE.. if i had three wishes one time in this world.. one of them would be san andreas for ps3.. even if its the same exact game.. jus wanna be able to play it on my ps3 and go online and see the greatest game ever with the new graphics technlogy has to offer

UnderworldReaper  |  February 20th, 2011 at 11:32 pm

One thing is having the old GTA San Andreas on PS3 with online features which isnt a bad idea, but isnt Rockstar creating a new GTA which is supposed to come out in a year? Idk. But if not, that would be a great idea, but if Rockstar does that, Microsoft is gonna want the same thing for the XBOX 360. Still a good game though.

bigben1675  |  March 29th, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Please make San Andreas for ps3. I would personally pay 100$$ for it Sony rockstar plzzzzzzzzzz omg plzzz best game ever

Imzillah  |  August 7th, 2011 at 8:10 am

REMAKE GTA FOR PS3!! PLZ! PLZ!

iSketz  |  December 18th, 2011 at 10:47 pm

I think there should be a new SA remastered with the GTA: IV engine but not the same story line maybe change it up a little. But i would bee ecstatic with just a remastered original SA.

Just my opinion.