Join Now   Login Select a Language: English   Visit Playstation.Blog.EU

PSN Status At the Top of the NA PS Blog

Idea 22343 | Posted in by | June 24, 2010

At the very top of the European PS Blog there is an easy to see status indicator of the PSN. The North American Blog should have the same so you can quickly see whether the PSN is On or Off.

16 Comments Add your own

Exalted_Knight  |  June 24th, 2010 at 11:41 am

like stating that the Playstation Netowork is online/available etc., yes PSblog needs this.

kb4983  |  June 24th, 2010 at 9:41 pm

Yeah I used the terminology “On” and “Off” because that’s the way it’s stated on the European Blog but exactly E_K, I just want a blatant indicator telling the status (ie: online/down for maintenance)of the PSN on the North American PS Blog.

MrBeatdown  |  June 25th, 2010 at 11:47 pm

It’s up 99% of the time. I don’t see why it’s all that necessary.

Stoffinator  |  July 8th, 2010 at 11:20 am

I’m really surprised we don’t have this. Euro blog seems so much better with its functions and features.

Lethal_Doze  |  July 16th, 2010 at 8:01 am

I think it’s pretty much useless, it’s like stating that 99,99% of the time Internet works :)

bow7  |  July 21st, 2010 at 1:24 am

I find the on off indicator on the EU blog annoying because psn is always on it doesn’t tell you anything useful.

mcnair2  |  August 11th, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Yeah it does can I add some one as a friend

mjc0961  |  November 13th, 2010 at 4:47 am

Good idea. It’d be easier than going off to the on/off indicator buried in the support pages. Sure, it’s on most of the time, but for those times when it goes off unexpectedly, it’d be nice if the info was right there in plain view.

TuxBobble  |  November 30th, 2010 at 2:42 pm

Agree. It may be useless when it’s on like normal. But when it goes down, it’d be nice to have a better way of knowing when it comes back, rather than trying to log in repeatedly on the PS3 (slow) or navigating through pages to find the status indicator online.

FormerPSfan  |  January 20th, 2011 at 3:55 pm

one of the few really good ideas here. if sony would implement it but unfortunately they wont, their far to arrogant to admit that psn ever goes down (hint: it does)

IM-MC-LOVVIN_716  |  February 23rd, 2011 at 2:15 am

mw2 goes the drain now black ops hacking wtf psn NOTE PSN PLEASE PATCH QUICK SCOPE HACK AND ZOMBIE GUN selector for cod black ops PLEASE it is not fare for us hard core gamers who dont like cheating glitching hacking ECT.

l--OXYRUSH--l  |  September 21st, 2011 at 11:23 am

for Mr.Beatdown. The 99% of the time it’s up isn’t what it would be for. It would be for the 1 percent that it’s down. When people are having a problem signing in (like I am right now) it would be really nice to just have somewhere to go where it’s clear and definable that it’s up, it’s down, we know about the issue you’re having or we don’t.

GOSrisky  |  November 22nd, 2011 at 8:53 am

When I’m having troubles with my ps3 not logging in, I try to login to psn. If it’s down it tells me why I can’t login. I find it kind of annoying though that I have to go look for the info. I would love that indicator. @FormerPSfan stop just going around hating on Sony, it’s really annoying. They are to arrogant to say PSN ever goes down? That sure doesn’t explain why you can find scheduled maintenance logs or why I’ve gotten emails telling me it’s down, sorry for the inconvenience, they were working on it, etc.

peop-les  |  September 29th, 2012 at 10:23 pm

If it were down, you wouldn’t be able to log in too ps.blog and check

gearsofcod71  |  October 20th, 2012 at 11:39 am

It already has that, and i could see it perfectly. NO ofense but maybe you need glasses