Join Now   Login Select a Language: English   Visit Playstation.Blog.EU

Final Fantasy X remake on PS3,PS4 only.

Idea 31428 | Posted in by | September 1, 2010

Though its only a few years til the release of the PS4. It would be great to have a remake of FFX on upcoming PS4 hardware. SCEA please publish & Square-Enix Please remake this awsome game.

27 Comments Add your own

BlazeKush420  |  September 1st, 2010 at 1:47 pm

Lol PS4 vote down.
I dont need a PS4 for another 10 years. PS3 is where its at.

FFX HD for PS3 with trophies. Sure. But ur PS4 idea is crap

rougegoat  |  September 1st, 2010 at 2:50 pm

wow, you do realize we just hit the tech demo level of the PS3′s hardware, right? So a PS4 is no where in sight?

Awesomness_Dude  |  September 1st, 2010 at 3:58 pm

1st, I love that game and It would be amazing with updated graphics and trophies.

2nd, They have to do it for VII before they do X.

Nothing else… Just up the graphics and add trophies. (Voice overs for VII)

Victoryismine52  |  September 1st, 2010 at 7:11 pm

You should have just said FFX remake you kinda screwed yourself by mentioning PS4. but +1 cause I LOVED FFX I played some last week actually.

QUINTISON  |  September 1st, 2010 at 9:48 pm

That’s it release move than screw the pooch by rushing new hardware out…good idea.

However a final fantasy collection with HD and trophies a great idea but now and on ps3.

like some1 else said i to can wait 10 yrs to get ps4.

So much to do between now n then improve plus,
refine move,keep online play except mmo’s free and keep the great games coming.

P_dump  |  September 2nd, 2010 at 11:04 am

Yeah, I’ll take all the Final Fantasy remakes I can get.

The PS3 system is a highly capable piece of hardware that can keep up with the technology better than anything else out there. With system updates that are administered to the next-gens the way they are, Sony could juice the PS3 for ten more years. No bull.

gslimjim98  |  September 2nd, 2010 at 12:01 pm

according to squeenix, updating final fantasy 7 remake would take a decade if done like ff13. so if that takes forever wouldnt ffx take even longer? if not then i think they will end up remaking a lot of final fantasy games then cause after 7 ppl will want the next one and the next one. so thumbs up just to hope they speed it up and keep it high quality

djnealb  |  September 2nd, 2010 at 1:10 pm

I love FFX, but I don’t think it deserves a PS3 (PS4 lol) remake as opposed to several other games (not even counting other FF games that deserve it more).

malsstreet  |  September 2nd, 2010 at 6:28 pm

i don’t think so because what would it come with

Radium322  |  September 2nd, 2010 at 11:12 pm

Even though this has no place on this blog because it would be SquareEnix that would make the decision, I did vote up because FFX was amazing and deserves (plus is more feasible to to do) a graphics update like the God of War series.

boneyardweller89  |  September 3rd, 2010 at 1:03 pm

Cool idea, but 1.) you should tell this to Square Enix, not Sony. and 2.) I’m not sure it’s worth Square’s time and resources to do this.

rougegoat  |  September 3rd, 2010 at 4:27 pm

^^Sony tells Square Enix when they get mentioned in an idea so they can keep track of it. This is mentioned in the “Read Me” for the share section of the site.

WoshJills  |  September 4th, 2010 at 9:26 am

No! The Final Fantasy franchise is all about ditching the previous games and starting fresh.

That’s why every game is different.
The only FF games that were truly remade were FF3&4 for DS.

Tactics wasn’t for PSP.

yaoi4eva  |  September 4th, 2010 at 11:08 am

O plz god… I don’t want to have to wait a couple of years after the release of it and then still spend about 300 dollars for another game system. I’m good with the ps3 until i die, or until i reach my late 40′s, which is 20 to 30 years from now. I still have my FFX game for ps2, I just want them to get some kinda hardware I can add to my ps3, that way I won’t have to buy a ps2 anytime soon… >.>

Nintari  |  September 4th, 2010 at 1:16 pm

Tired of “remakes”. First it hit the movie industry and now it’s come over to gaming.

Enough remakes. Focus on great new IPs.

Detsuki-G  |  September 5th, 2010 at 12:05 pm

How about just playing the already released game and let them work on some new stuff?

Seriously… why do people like remakes? You wanna buy the same thing twice?

mrdeadhead  |  September 7th, 2010 at 4:01 pm

be happy with FFXIV when it comes out. don’t worry yourself with PS4 for another 6 years.

zer0zhp  |  September 7th, 2010 at 10:00 pm

No way. FF X was awful, firstly.

Secondly, 7 is much more due for such a remake than X anyway.

Thirdly, such a remake should only happen if Square doesn’t mess with it, which given their “surrounding saga” games based around 7 (crisis core, and dirge of cerberus), would be too difficult.

Finally, it’s a Square-enix decision… not a Sony one.

Lucca202  |  September 8th, 2010 at 2:14 pm

FFX was awful, FFVII is overrated (yes, hate me.), and there are better games out there to remaster. Voted down.

Ravenandcrow  |  September 11th, 2010 at 12:18 pm

PS4 not until 2014 in the earliest. PS3 is good enough and with developers learning how to code for it better it will last a while.

Ze-W  |  November 29th, 2010 at 4:20 am

I just want to play the game again without hooking my ps2 in. I’d definitely buy the digital format

borja_4  |  February 17th, 2011 at 9:13 am

Ff vii has enough remakes and branch offs. Yes it was a great game but ff x was the greatest ff of all time x-2 was an epic fail but a ps3 remake with trophies and more voicing rather than reading the dialogue like a ffx hd with voicing like ffxii greatest game concept ever

Maxthunder1  |  February 21st, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I would love the final fantasy series remade for ps3. Also u r not gonna see a ps4 for at least another 5-10 years there is no reason for another console as of yet. furthuremore, what do u expect to find graphics wise in a ps4? there wont be much in change of graphics, and honestly 3-d games are kinda lame due to the fact u have to wear glasses right now. unless companys can produce a 3-d tv w/o glasses a ps4 is not needed.

Xanzar  |  August 20th, 2011 at 8:08 pm

he/she might have ment the psp’s successor instead of a main ps family release ………… don’t just say we hit the tech cap on the ps3 as sony obviously built it to last longer then the ps2 and psp combined

JHale1984  |  August 1st, 2013 at 6:42 pm

To make things simple, they should just release a HD Final Fantasy Collection 1 – 10, complete with trophies and bonuses (Artwork, Songs e.t.c.)

For me, FFVIII and FFX were my faves. FFVIII was the first game that got me into the series and taking on the root of all evil (Sin) in FFX was amazing. I like VII, I just like the other two more!