Join Now   Login Select a Language: English   Visit Playstation.Blog.EU

71 rating, 175 votes71 rating, 175 votes

+71
Score

Votes

Move Sphere Color Change at will

Idea 32201 | Posted in , by | September 9, 2010

It would be great to have the sphere of the PS Move changing at will. for example i wouldn’t like my sphere to be pink so I go and change it to RED.

23 Comments

Ajanma  |  September 9th, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Really? Are you that insecure that you can’t have pink on your video game controller?

Have you even watched any of the videos or read info about them? They auto assign you the colors that best stand out from your surroundings so as to give the eye the best detection of the sphere.

Spoelstra3  |  September 9th, 2010 at 2:52 pm

That would mess up the accuracy. If you don’t want a pink light, paint all your walls pink.

favian  |  September 9th, 2010 at 3:27 pm

i think part of what makes it accurate is that it tracks the color of the ball, and the ball changes its color to a color that is not in the room

so if you’re in a room where there is no sign of red, the ball might turn red, so tracking improves.

panos1995  |  September 9th, 2010 at 5:07 pm

even though it would mess accuracy, i agree with the author. i wouldn’t like to be seen by my girlfriend with a pink controller

liquidypoo  |  September 9th, 2010 at 5:12 pm

I guess this means I can’t wear my orange hoodie if I want the sphere to go orange, huh?

zekececil14  |  September 9th, 2010 at 6:58 pm

How about a “choose alternative” button. It would cost accuracy, but I guess you’ll never be stuck with pink.

FUN FACT: Many years ago (like roman times) pink was considered to be a man’s color. Black was considered to be a woman’s color …..er um shade (black isn’t a color it’s a shade)

Pharen  |  September 9th, 2010 at 8:10 pm

@6, really?, I’ve never heard that before.

zekececil14  |  September 9th, 2010 at 8:52 pm

@7
Really! I wasn’t joking!

rougegoat  |  September 9th, 2010 at 9:49 pm

@6 That actually all changed during the great depression. There’s still ads from around the time of WWI that mention pink as a boys colour.

zekececil14  |  September 10th, 2010 at 8:51 pm

@9
You forgot the words “FUN FACT:” before your sentence. Why? Its FUN and its a FACT!

shaykrethashke  |  September 13th, 2010 at 6:49 am

pink is a color like another, if every color has to be “removed” because in some country for some people of certain age it means something “bad”, it would remains no color to have.
i guess that a button, “next color” is not a bad choice for those who really care about this… but honestly the one to blame would be those who would laugh at you because you are using a pink move… no offense.

CHULUMISA  |  September 17th, 2010 at 2:02 pm

i bought mine today and the 1st couler i got was purple and 2nd was pink! how do i get a diffirent 1!!!!

cjmc18  |  September 24th, 2010 at 11:57 pm

im not saying that i dont like pink, but on my house any color would work fine… and allways calibrate it on pink or purple… i know blue would look nice on my move… or RED… any color… my wall is white… any color would work on my move and if the camera stills sees the color you could keep that color

cjmc18  |  September 24th, 2010 at 11:58 pm

@2, it wouldnt mess the acurracy if the camera stills see the move

liquidypoo  |  October 5th, 2010 at 3:33 pm

I’m a bit late for this, but I can’t believe people jumped all over you for using the color pink as an example in your idea. I mean, how dare you prefer to play games with your favorite color as opposed to a different color.

Would this idea suddenly gain merit if you said you’d rather not have a blue Move sphere? People are retarded.

cjmc18  |  October 28th, 2010 at 9:17 pm

the whole point is to change it at will… not because the pink color…anyways, all games pick their color, NOT THE CAMERA

YunikoYokai5  |  December 27th, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Then why is my sphere purplish when my room is purple? XD Might be my black fleece that is doing it…and my light, it does give off a yellowish hue. And seeing that purple and yellow are opposite colours…

I’d very much prefer green XD but purple is my 3rd favourite so I can live with it ^.^

AC_BROTHERHOOD  |  January 3rd, 2011 at 11:11 am

One time, i was playing Eyepet and the color changed from pink, to green on 3 different occasions when i was Calibrating the controller… i wanna know how to do dat at will!

ForgiveMyAim  |  January 11th, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Yes, i am a man and i deserve to have a red sphere

Dan124567  |  March 6th, 2011 at 10:54 pm

thats true but RED would have been awesome!