Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog

+3,194
Score

3,446
Votes

SOCOM 1 HD

Idea 49216 | Posted in by | July 26, 2011

Remake SOCOM 1 in HD, why?
-It was the first online console shooter
-It sold 3.44M copies
-Once profits soar S2 maps can be DLC
-It was revolutionary
-The return of classic multiplayer is crucial

797 Comments

Pages: 1 2 3 16

r_e_v  |  July 26th, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Let’s do this guys, make it happen.

WarMachine_v1  |  July 26th, 2011 at 5:52 pm

S2, S3, CA DLC can follow for this. Everyone should push for this on YouTube and get this done. Let’s make it even harder to be ignored!

LUKENBACHER  |  July 26th, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Millions of SOCOM fans worldwide want a remake. S1 sold over 3.4M copies. How many other PS2 remakes with less sales have been remade? Why not SOCOM 1? The original SOCOM was REVOLUTIONARY and changed multiplayer for consoles forever. SOCOM 1 & 2 are the pillars of our cult following, and we have waited almost 8 years to relive those experiences. After the project proves successful, SONY can make even more money off of S2 maps as DLC. After millions of fans return to the series, there’s potential to expand to a “SOCMOM Legacy” including S3/Combined Assault as well. The MOST important thing to remember is that we ALL want a true “SOCOM Multiplayer” experience. This remake CAN NOT be the story mode only. And there are even fans who say forget the single player, and just give us our SOCOM Multiplayer back. I have yet to see another title like SOCOM that possessed a level of gaming addiction strong enough to interfere with jobs, marriages, and school. SOCOM used to be a way of life, and we want that level of integrity to return to the franchise again. TheRealSOCOM.com and the longtime SOCOM fans will do anything it takes to aid this process. It all started with S1 2002, and the rebirth starts right now with S1 HD.

figdonpat  |  July 26th, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Please Sony, give the fans what they want!

Xx_ICE-PICK_xX  |  July 26th, 2011 at 6:52 pm

i have no faith in you anymore SONY and i know this is pointless to even show what your fans and supporters want, SOCOM 4 proved that without a doubt….but ill vote anyways just to support my fellow community and the slim chance

SiMpLiFiEDChAoS  |  July 26th, 2011 at 6:56 pm

If SOCOM 2, SOCOM 1, and possibly even a SOCOM: Legacy idea reaches the top 10 I don’t know how they could ever ignore it, if so what’s the point in having polls, a forum, and everything else if nothing we say gets through besides what they want to hear?

SMACK-A-BRO  |  July 26th, 2011 at 6:58 pm

Something has got to give! We need a game that its truely SOCOM!

Your_Sins  |  July 26th, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Yes, let’s make it happen!!!!

JimmyAlfredo  |  July 26th, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Don’t give me this “it’s too harD” Zipper motto.

Get somebody else then.

DooMsLicE  |  July 26th, 2011 at 7:06 pm

I would love this but if they won’t remake socom 2 I don’t see them remaking socom 1.

bretto  |  July 26th, 2011 at 7:10 pm

I think it will be hard for them to deny 2 top 10’s

JimmyAlfredo  |  July 26th, 2011 at 7:15 pm

well.. they already removed the link from the S4 forums..

bunch of haters..

IceCube-  |  July 26th, 2011 at 7:21 pm

i will love to play s1 hd…hopefully sony will do something about it….ASAP..

JimmyAlfredo  |  July 26th, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Start a poll for S1, S2, S3, and CA.. Get them in the top 4 requests..

Fire764X  |  July 26th, 2011 at 7:25 pm

I would love this and to replay the good old days!! I miss them all.

NO_FEAR  |  July 26th, 2011 at 7:37 pm

If it is one Sony title that deserves remastering this is it. God of War did it, team ICO is doing it…come on Sony give the fans what they want!

PSN support with friends list and mic support.

CLuTcH_5  |  July 26th, 2011 at 7:43 pm

There isn’t a downside to this idea. It is the best shooter ever created, and SONY needs to release this to improve their image after ruining the last two socoms. DO IT FOR YOUR TRUE FANS ZIPPER!

Dr_McNoob  |  July 26th, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Yeah, let’s do this! I wanna eliminate Magnus the Torturer in HD!

xDeLiRiOuS-  |  July 26th, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Socom 1 & 2 in HD…try to give me a reason why they shouldnt. Go ahead, I’m waiting.

MSR--914  |  July 26th, 2011 at 7:55 pm

C’Mon. Its Socom, lets get what we want!!!

uNeeK-  |  July 26th, 2011 at 8:04 pm

if this happens, i will regain faith in zipper and sony. every socom has been an overall letdown since s2. FIX THIS

Jekyll-1-3  |  July 26th, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Sony cmon we love our socom.

xGiRLgoneWiLD-  |  July 26th, 2011 at 8:10 pm

yea i would deff play s2 s3 in hd all day again … socom 4 sucks and im not saying its not a good game it just really isnt socom its a wanna be call of duty .. no hand guns?? cant edit your own character .. SOCRACK what it used to be called now its just another lame game i rather play confrontation that play s4

DJHaole  |  July 26th, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Urgent Fury approves this message :)

xPREDICTIONx  |  July 26th, 2011 at 8:26 pm

This is what i’m talking about! Let’s go SONY, you owe us BIG TIME!

DiPLoMaTiC_WaYz  |  July 26th, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Get it done SONY. Socom 4 IS NOT, I REPEAT, IS NOT “SOCOM”

zFranchize  |  July 26th, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Socom 1 only reason why I kept buying any game with the Socom name in it.

Ogien  |  July 26th, 2011 at 8:47 pm

SOCOM 1 and 2 were the greatest online shooters ever!!!

We want HD remakes of them!!!

the-frag-artist  |  July 26th, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Only reason I, and many others still own a ps3 was because of the socom franchise. It has been crap for years now. The potential for high profits is here Sony, get it done.

PAUL-AWOL-  |  July 26th, 2011 at 9:02 pm

I was wondering this myself about a week ago when Microsoft announced they are releasing HALO remastered for the XBOX 360.

Sony needs to realize there is a reason 10 years later that the PS2 Socom servers are still up and running with people playing everyday.

Everyone here needs to log back on and remember what it was like. FUN !

SMoKeY_RuN  |  July 26th, 2011 at 9:21 pm

This sounds a million times better than the S2HD blog post.

It’d be nice if they could port the SOCOM 2 maps BACK to SOCOM 1 since it’s the same engine. The textures are going to need touched up anyways.

Cextress  |  July 26th, 2011 at 9:29 pm

I’d pay BIG money have SOCOM 1 (and 2) remade into HD. You have my vote… YES YES YES!

IFasTezT  |  July 26th, 2011 at 9:35 pm

It would be a hit. Nuff said.

agiLity-x  |  July 26th, 2011 at 9:37 pm

hell, I’d pay a subscription fee for this.

TheRealSOCOM  |  July 26th, 2011 at 9:50 pm

TRS has faith SONY can deliver. Millions of loyal gamers await…

Squallman  |  July 26th, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Lets do it!!! SOCOM For the Remake!!!!
SONY give us a damn game worth playing!!!

TOMBSTONE4U  |  July 26th, 2011 at 9:51 pm

You got my vote. The only thing I’d like to see on an S1 map from S2 was the breach wall on DG and the dive feature. Aside from that S1 had the better gameplay. S1 gameplay and original maps along with S2 content added to it would be the ideal Socom.

BiG-LUCK  |  July 26th, 2011 at 9:59 pm

In like flynn on this one..Always. S1 best TPS ever created in console land

drpacifist  |  July 26th, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Why would anyone vote against a remake of a classic game that could quite possibly be fun?

Lipps  |  July 26th, 2011 at 10:08 pm

We need a true SOCOM. One that has features and gameplay that mirrors classic SOCOM’s. SOCOM 4 was a slap in the face to the fans of the series and insulted the intelligence of all fans.

We don’t need our hands held. If I want to put attachments on my weapon let me do it. Don’t pick for me. If I want to customize my character then let me do it. We don’t need 5 of the same character running around the map.
If we wanted a third person Call of Duty we would buy Modern Warefare 2 and play Team Tactical.

WE WANT SOCOM! There is no reason we should have been stripped of OUR game. We supported this game for a decade and WE DESERVE BETTER than a dumbed down SOCOM. We made MAG and SOCOM 4 possible. Both of those games tried their hardest to be CoD and its a shame the uniqueness of SOCOM was completely taken away from the series and replaced with CoD features.

Lipps  |  July 26th, 2011 at 10:09 pm

I find no excuse for a game to be in development for 4+ years to be release half done. I would expect a game that has been in development for that long to be FULL OF FEATURES and not made to be a day care where I go to have my hand held.

In short we need a REAL SOCOM game. Not one that is, for lack of a better word, lame. We don’t necessarily need a SOCOM or SOCOM II remake but a game that is SOCOM and not a copy.

Pages: 1 2 3 16