Join Now   Login Select a Language: English   Visit Playstation.Blog.EU

93 rating, 177 votes93 rating, 177 votes

+93
Score

Votes

Infamous Festival of Blood Discount/Free for PSN+

Idea 49956 | Posted in by | August 17, 2011

Infamous Festival of Blood Discount or Free for PSN+; Give us loyal fans what we REALLY want for once!

21 Comments

supermoc10  |  August 18th, 2011 at 6:18 am

It shouldn’t be free for PS+ since it’s too big, I think it’s as big as Undead Nightmare which was huge for a DLC. Instead, since it’s a Standalone everyone can buy, there should be a discount to those who bought Infamous 2.

MadMeat001  |  August 19th, 2011 at 2:21 am

there should be a Pirate and Tropical themed Infamous game, just saying :D

Permafry_42  |  August 19th, 2011 at 3:46 am

“It shouldn’t be free for PS+ since it’s too big” I know this might just be my opinion, but considering we got Stacking, a full $15 big game, shouldn’t we also be able to get a short microgame? And shouldn’t we WANT big games in order to justify the $60 a year we PAY for psn+. It’s not as though it’s truly free; we are paying for the service…

djnealb  |  August 19th, 2011 at 8:12 am

There’s no way they give it to you for free, at least not for good while. They MAY give you a small discount after a few weeks, but that’s usually par for the course.

FORMIK  |  August 19th, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I don’t know about you, but I’ve made my subscription money back and then some.

I was shocked to see Stacking, and enjoy the game a lot. The reason I thought it was released to Plus members for free was because there might have been DLC coming which people would then buy, and they have since released an additional level. Otherwise, it’s an anomaly.

Plus is not a charity, it’s a business model. A discount would be great, but I would not expect a game developed for one system to be free to a large percentage of the consumer base.

ODINGameslayer  |  August 19th, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Why free? Was it free for Sucker Punch to make it?

ODINGameslayer  |  August 19th, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Discount? Maybe that. (I think PS+ should apply a standard discount across the board on ALL PSN purchases, period. Not a huge one, mind you, but just a token offering as a perk of membership.10%? 15%?)

Permafry_42  |  August 19th, 2011 at 3:06 pm

@7,8 sucker punch would be paid by the psn+ subscription relative to how many people get it free. the same way movies on netflix aren’t free; they’re paid for by the subscription. PSN+ wouldn’t work if developers didn’t get the money they deserve for their game… Stacking was “Free” in that it was paid by the $60/year we pay to have the privilege of psn plus. Double Fine still got paid the money they rightfully deserve for their master piece, and the same would be true of Sucker Punch’s master piece should it be available for “Free” as long as we’ve payed the psn+ subscription. And even if you don’t want it free, the idea is for it to be free OR discounted. if you support just a discount you should still thumb up this idea.

FORMIK  |  August 20th, 2011 at 10:09 am

I like that you’re insistent on the concept of a game being free or discounted, but that’s just it – I’m sure Plus is considered for every digital release now.

I think a good idea, instead of just wanting a game to be considered for Plus subscribers, would be something like:
- Offer vampire Cole as a skin for Infamous 2, or even Uncharted 3 (!)

Permafry_42  |  August 21st, 2011 at 7:39 am

@11
… I would prefer to save money and earn back the value of psn+ over another skin. I’m insistent on getting something that is actually valuable to me: downloadable content I really want to play. Skins are okay, but they just aren’t nearly on the same level. the only thing IMO more valuable than a free game is a free exclusive beta or demo, so unless Sanzaru Games is releasing an early sly 4 demo as a reward to psn + subscribers or Sucker Punch gives psn+ subscribers exclusive access to their next game’s beta this is the best thing they could contribute to psn+ and which what would i would enjoy the most. That’s not to say an exclusive infamous skin for u3 wouldn’t be nice =D *goes to share another idea*

burningwind  |  August 21st, 2011 at 3:45 pm

I would prefer the developers not have made the game at all. Infamous 2 was a great game and I would much rather have a real add on than some stand alone side story about stupid vampires.

xX-StolenSoul-Xx  |  August 21st, 2011 at 9:36 pm

I stopped subscribing to Ps plus just because i have no interest in the content. Like free map packs for a game i don’t even have.

QUINTISON  |  August 22nd, 2011 at 12:17 am

Well @ stolen soul why would you do that when you NEVER know which games will be “this data can’t be copied” so when you’re ps3 has HDD trouble all you need do is re-install the games
and grab your saves off the cloud-that’s right
you’d be screwed as only ps+ can copy protected game saves.

ODINGameslayer  |  August 22nd, 2011 at 1:51 pm

To be honest, I’m still undecided about whether PS+ affords real value- and I’ve been a subscriber of it since the beginning.

There have been times that I felt completely disappointed, and there have been times that I felt pretty good about my investment.

I’m just waiting for them to find the right mix, to where I’ll always feel glad I’m spending the money.

Converseley, I’m not sure that giving content away for free is the way to go (except for minis, most of which are an insult to paying subscribers) but as I said before, an across-the-board nominal discount would suit me fine.

Techni  |  September 1st, 2011 at 2:32 pm

They need to stop taking suggestions for give X free/at a discount for PS+.

ZOMBEGAM3R  |  September 3rd, 2011 at 6:59 am

i love sukerpunch too , and i hope they keep going for a very long time but some of in the world done have that kind of money to spend . and if it’s free thank you jeses. if it’s not then hope it’s between or under $10-$15

Elvick_  |  November 7th, 2011 at 8:43 pm

We got a discount.

I wish they pushed through that ‘report as fulfilled’ suggestion, because they don’t remove suggestions we already have.

Permafry_42  |  November 8th, 2011 at 11:10 am

@19 agreed; I’m surprised they haven’t reported it as fulfilled yet.

MattHirtUK  |  December 9th, 2012 at 11:58 pm

LOL the game is pretty cheap u should buy it and support SCE