Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog

HBO GO APP

Idea 50341 | Posted in , by | August 31, 2011

CREATE A NATIVE APP FOR HBOGO

33 Comments

FORMIK  |  September 2nd, 2011 at 12:49 pm

+1.
I hope the new TV/Video Services category wasn’t created just for the existing services, plus the NFL Ticket and CinemaNow (whenever that is released).

esoeso122  |  December 24th, 2011 at 5:38 pm

That would be great. I use HBOGO on a regular basis. It wouldn’t hurt, right?

Slaughter_007  |  February 14th, 2012 at 8:06 pm

I believe it may come I hearing the 360 is getting the app and new cable providers finally added ie Time Warner and Comcast ect as of Jan Thank goodness But sunce PSN is now SEN (Sony Entertainment Network) Anything is Possible

Alkaiser27  |  March 20th, 2012 at 4:21 pm

woo boy, that would be fantastic.

Topher_the_Great  |  April 27th, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Still no info from the company. My hopes are not high. It looks like I’m going to have to spend money on another device.

Plasticpitchfork  |  September 3rd, 2012 at 4:40 am

A real problem for me now. This idea was asked a year ago. Between this and how long it took to have a Netfilix app I have really no reason not to buy an Xbox next time around. They seem to get all of the content so much sooner. A Blu Ray player and a better controller (IMO) are the only reasons to have a PS3. Bluray players are cheap now too.

anjilgiri  |  September 6th, 2012 at 1:17 pm

This is a must have app for ps3. I don’t understand why so many people voted down for this app.

craigun  |  October 16th, 2012 at 6:49 am

This app is ling over due! Only an idiot would have voted this idea down.

Wnari  |  November 9th, 2012 at 12:41 pm

I play some games but mostly use my PS3 for the BluRay player and Netflix. If HBO GO were added to the apps I would be thrilled.

TheKillerToad  |  November 16th, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Would like to use HBO GO on my PS3 please. XBox has it, you don’t want them to win do you?

GeishaGhoul  |  November 30th, 2012 at 2:37 pm

I’d love an HBOGO app. I understand the premise was for being on the go, but that argument is negated by its availability on a competitor’s console… May have to rethink which console is in storage for awhile.

MiaJamba  |  December 29th, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Please add this soon! May switch back to XBox if you don’t

RabbitStewart  |  December 29th, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Just got a PS3 for Christmas. As an HBO subscriber, I am very disappointed this is missing!

SithShadow9  |  January 11th, 2013 at 9:29 am

I just go HBO thinking i could do the HBO GO on my PS3 or my Sony TV. Was way disapointed that Sony is behind the curve with the app. I mean come on Sony. Your going to let the XBOX have one over on You!

Let’s make it so, We want HBO GO!

Barbers-Son  |  January 24th, 2013 at 12:39 pm

This really needs to happen. It’s easily the biggest missing piece in the PS3’s streaming video capabilities. I hope it’s in the works!

GhostCapt  |  March 15th, 2013 at 10:17 am

sony and ps3 is so slow to adapt on apps .
instead of being innovators .

craigun  |  May 20th, 2013 at 6:49 pm

It’s well overdue! Oh, and what idiot would vote this idea down? If for some reason you don’t want it, you don’t download it. Duh.

Box9Missingo  |  May 23rd, 2013 at 8:29 am

Heck yea! I would love to see an HBOGo app for the PS3, PS4, etc. It would be a good way for people to watch HBO aside from their site and on cable.

kalel_ninja_09  |  June 23rd, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Xbox has HBO GO app already…PS3 definitely needs this app!!! Been hoping to see it in the store!!!

tsnow247  |  July 16th, 2013 at 11:00 am

Seriously why doesn’t the ps3 have an hbo go app? another question, why does a sony bd player have more video streaming options than the ps3?

graacelaand  |  August 20th, 2013 at 6:26 pm

This definitely needs to happen. Why hasn’t it happened already and why would ANYONE say no to it?? HBOGO is awesome and the PS3 app section is sad for how expensive the system is. Huge disappointment. Please have it before the next season of Game of Thrones!!!

VaIar_Morghulis  |  October 12th, 2013 at 8:51 pm

I am on the fence with the upcoming consoles. The pitiful app support on the ps3 may be what moves me towards microsoft. I was really looking forward to the ps4 but if it ends up just like the ps3 with lack of app support and no flash in browser and so on so you cant use services like hbo go… then I will have to goto microsoft.

I find that it is disapointing that ps3 has still at this point a horrible app selection and the whole os support and updates is just ridiculous.. if you guys want to win this war.. you have to open everything up and have access to things like hbo go!!! you have to!! or loose.
there simply is no excuse… its on iphone/pads, androids, laptops, computers, roku ect…. but your system doesn’t have access to this.. A MAJOR FLAW
please fix it or you will definitely loose one ps4 sale. I want hbo go.

VaIar_Morghulis  |  October 12th, 2013 at 8:54 pm

maybe the answer to your problem on the ps4 would be to have the android operating system
this would fix about all your sale issues
if it could access the android market with any and all apps you would win…
this OP on the ps3 has been supported poorly buy you and it may be the deal breaker for me… the problem is you don’t work at nothing.. the console is sold and ur in my pocket why should you update apps for the system…

ha.. but u will find soon if it don’t change… lost sales.. atleast one anyways..