Join Now   Login Select a Language: English   Visit Playstation.Blog.EU

190 rating, 208 votes190 rating, 208 votes

+190
Score

Votes

PS3 Stereo wireless headset Vita compatability

Idea 51093 | Posted in , by | September 27, 2011

I would like to ask that you try to get the official stereo headset to work with the PSVita. The headset is great and since the it’s wireless it would be perfect with the Vita.

13 Comments

dancingmind  |  September 27th, 2011 at 9:12 pm

I LOVE the new headset and it is great how well it works with many devices as a plug and play.

The only way it would work with vita or PSP is if it has some kinda mini USB-plug adapter. So they would have to market a new piece of hardware. Hard to sell, but yea I would buy it.

favian  |  September 27th, 2011 at 11:50 pm

headset is the best investment I’ve made all year.

ODINGameslayer  |  September 28th, 2011 at 8:56 am

Glad to hear your comments. I’ve been waiting to hear how well it performs before purchasing.

Exalted_Knight  |  September 28th, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Doesn’t the Stereo headset use a usb adapter though?

Zezzler  |  September 30th, 2011 at 12:25 pm

I love my headset and would love to use it on my Vita!

SnDin9  |  October 4th, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Won’t work unless the VIta has a standard female USB port, which I don’t thin kit does :P.

Fylian  |  October 10th, 2011 at 11:26 am

There is no way for the Official Playstation Headset to work with the Vita. Unless of course they built the rf transmitter within the device and i dont see that happening. Luckily it has built in bluetooth which supports A2DP (stereo audio) and AVRCP (remote control) http://us.playstation.com/psvita/tech-specs/

TheInfinityCore  |  October 17th, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Tho it is possible if they design a wireless card for the PSVita for the wireless headsets

Oxycodone-  |  October 23rd, 2011 at 12:28 am

Guys while it normally needs a USB dongle, I’m proposing that Sony integrates one inside the PSVita.

ODINGameslayer  |  November 10th, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Update: I now own the PS3 headset, to much satisfaction. Just in case anyone’s keeping score. :)

rcastudios  |  February 21st, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Sony should have made these headphones work with the PS Vita, but I know it won’t. Tt’s unfortunate because I have them and they are awesome!

Maybe some sort of add-on dongle that attaches to the Vita in some way that will allow them to be used? I would pay like $10 or so for something like that, even though I already bought the in-ear PS Vita headphones (which are nice as well for travel).

Gizmoi  |  May 17th, 2012 at 5:41 pm

I was literally about to post this myself!!
I wouldn’t mind paying for an extra dongle for Vita compatibility, but ideally, I don’t want to, I also don’t want things sticking out of the Vita. So somehow making it work with Bluetooth would be nice ;)

Darvious  |  April 22nd, 2014 at 5:25 pm