Join Now   Login Select a Language: English   Visit Playstation.Blog.EU

230 rating, 248 votes230 rating, 248 votes

+230
Score

Votes

Official PS3 7.1 Headset Multi-Out Firmware Patch

Idea 51520 | Posted in , by | November 1, 2011

A patch to enable Multi-Out for use with the Official PS3 7.1 Wireless Headset. So Optical, HDMI or at the very least AV Out is available for things like a Home Theater or a ButtKicker Subwoofer Setup

40 Comments

Oner  |  November 4th, 2011 at 9:37 pm

I forgot to add that patching this feature would also allow for users to be able to record the audio for their gaming (or even reviews) when using the Official Headset as well.

JColeman0023  |  November 10th, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Mic feedback would also be a plus. I use the headphones to crank up the volume but need TV volume to drown out my talking while my kids sleep.

ODINGameslayer  |  November 10th, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Pardon my ignorance, but is this why the headset won’t work with Rocksmith? (Or rather, Rocksmith won’t work with IT.)

goodkol  |  November 14th, 2011 at 1:58 am

Please add a feature so I can hear myself talk in the headphones. I like to play at night and not disturb those that are sleeping but I can’t tell how loud I’m talking cause of the noise cancelling headphones. If I could hear myself talking in the headphones that would really help.

unSeen_Human  |  November 27th, 2011 at 7:24 pm

STOP VOTING THIS DOWN!
People really need this update (LIKE ME) to record game-play and use the headset at the same time! This needs to be fixed1

darcinator2  |  November 28th, 2011 at 7:52 pm

i agree come on sony when i record gameplay i want sound going through av out!!!!!!! sony pleaseeee

Oner  |  November 28th, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Remember to tell your friends, post & link this on relevant forums to help get more votes!

ODINGameslayer  |  November 29th, 2011 at 10:00 am

Unfortunately, the number of votes is irrelevant. Popular ideas tend to go shamefully unnoticed on this site.

LivninSC  |  November 29th, 2011 at 2:00 pm

While you’re at it PLEASE oh PLEASE unlock the mic sensitivity. People can hardly hear me at all and I cant bump the mic sensitivity up a couple levels!

zekececil14  |  December 7th, 2011 at 7:28 pm

I thought you could change the audio output settings. I thought it was under accessory settings.

Oner  |  December 8th, 2011 at 9:42 am

You could, but not when you are using the Official PS3 7.1 Wireless Headset…which is why this needs to be patched.

Techni  |  December 13th, 2011 at 4:54 am

“How many votes do we need?!”

Unfortunately, the number of votes is irrelevant. The suggestion is not possible. It doesn’t use a radio that Vita has built in.

An adapter of some sort would be required

Oner  |  December 13th, 2011 at 11:30 am

Any links of supportive info of that would be appreciated…until then (when it is proven IF it cannot be done) it is still an unconfirmed opinion/rumor that it cannot be done. So please everyone continue voting to get more exposure on this so we can either get a patch or a direct clear answer about this.

Trice_Feeds  |  December 17th, 2011 at 8:15 pm

I really find this headset amazing but the only con is this. I’m not able to record sound when playing because its only plays through the headset.

I hope they make a patch for this asap :)

realzerom  |  January 1st, 2012 at 1:14 am

I really need this function for Sony 7.1ch
headset to use another device such as buttkicker gamer2.
I am fully satisfied with the headset.
However this disconnects other sound device all.
It needs to be fixed.

Brently238173  |  January 2nd, 2012 at 12:05 pm

THis is what I have been wanting ever since I got this headset. My PVR is really useless (well at least on the audio side” when ever the headset is turned on.

Brently238173  |  January 2nd, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Got an email from Sony today on this and it said a whole lot of nothing.

Cletus_  |  January 12th, 2012 at 10:32 pm

I’m disappointed that Sony blew this one. I bought the official headset to get the most well integrated functionality. It seems obvious that one should be able to crank the sound in their headphones while still allowing the room to hear something. I have faith in you Sony. I’m confident you’ll fix this.

Brently238173  |  February 3rd, 2012 at 9:15 pm

I wish Sony would at least say “we hear you and are working on it”. I am thinking or taking my headset back and getting one I can use with my HD PVR.

Brently238173  |  February 9th, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Well the patch that came out yesterday is a start. I can hear myself talk in the headset, but the dual audio out is still not fixed. Come on Sony please fix this!!

ZiuPaddori  |  March 20th, 2012 at 12:07 pm

i just brough the sony 7.1 headset without being aware of this issue.
I record my gameplay with the HD PVR and when i saw my friends speaking well about this headset i decided to buy them.
Bad surprise was see that no sound was recorded in my gameplay!
Hope Sony will fix this problem allowing the output of the sound also in other devices when using the headset.
Since my priority is recording my gameplay i found with a useless purchase since i don’t know if i can return.

Pignut69  |  March 25th, 2012 at 8:02 am

Sony, this really, really has to be addressed! we as the game recorders in the gaming community NEED a headset capable of multi output in order to record game audio. They are excellent headphones, but this functionality needs to be introduced.

rockngod666  |  April 2nd, 2012 at 7:37 am

Yeah, I just got a set today – I also use a Buttkicker – I didn’t think the multi out would be a problem to sort out – but….I can’t get it working – This really should be fixed if posssible. (the buttkicker also adds ‘psycho acoustic’ bottom end to the system which would help the sound of the headphone)

These are potentially great headphones…..

omnibusse  |  May 3rd, 2012 at 8:27 am

Absolutely agree to this proposal! I tried the headset today and it’s great: lightweight, great sound, no install/setup necessary and it just works. But my “body shaker” and audio recording do not work as the multioutput feature is set to off when using this headset. This is really a pitty and should get “fixed” soon. Please, Sony!

Brently238173  |  May 7th, 2012 at 6:56 pm

I wish Sony would really get on top of this. So sick of the multi audio out not working.

tripletopper  |  August 11th, 2012 at 11:32 pm

Good thing I heard about this issue. I’m going to buy a TOSlink headphone, because there are TOSlink splitters. Works with everything from Laser Disc to all modern systems too.

Fhausi  |  August 30th, 2012 at 10:36 am

Please also take a lot of this functionality. As my friends will listen while Game?

Brently238173  |  September 27th, 2012 at 9:13 pm

I wonder if this is even in the “thinking about it” phase?

Fill_Vqc  |  November 12th, 2012 at 1:45 pm

It would be VERY useful. I am also using a PVR to record my gameplays, but I can’t make any live gameplay: either I plug the audio out into the PVR, so I can hear the sound in my recorded gameplays, but NOT while I am playing, or I hear the sound while I am playing, but not in my recorded gameplays. Gameplays without sound are useless.

M-Horth21  |  December 26th, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Does anyone know if this issue only occurs with the Official Sony Headset? Or do all USB headsets from other manufacturers disable multiple audio outputs? All of you that talk about using a PVR, what headsets do you use to make audio work?

notman05  |  January 30th, 2013 at 10:44 am

Come on Sony, still nothing on this? I really like this headset, but I’m considering returning it, and going with Turtle Beach. I’ve been recording game content for youtube, and without the game chatter, some of the videos aren’t nearly as funny/enjoyable.

bnhood  |  February 3rd, 2013 at 9:37 pm

well, i’m not sure it’s what you guys are looking for but i am finally able to use the pulse headset whilst i record gameplay & live commentary. since sony or elgato can’t do anything to help us, i had to do some jury rigging.

it’s gonna take a few things to make it work but here ya go. you’ll need:

I have the elgato game capture hd card, don’t know if it’ll work with other devices
3.5mm to Stereo RCA Male Cable
3.5mm Stereo Male To 2X RCA Female Adapter
RCA Stereo Audio Cable
ps3 pulse wireless headset
laptop and/or desktop
stereo

I’m going to bypass the elgato setup because that’s not really relevant.
1. run the rca stereo audio cable from your tv to the line-in (microphone) jack on your laptop/desktop using the 3.5mm male to female adapter listed above.
2. connect the 3.5mm to stereo rca male cable to your stereo
3. connect your pulse headset dongle to your laptop & turn it on after it installs
4. right click on the volume control & select playback devices & make your wireless headset the default device.
5. click the recording tab and make the wireless headset the default mic.

bnhood  |  February 3rd, 2013 at 9:37 pm

if all is going according to plan, your stereo mix should be registering the sound & sound will be coming out of your laptop instead of your headset.
6. to fix this, right click on the stereo mix properties and click the listen tab. check the listen to this device box & sound should start pouring in through your headset directly from the tv & not your capture device. since there is a delay with the capture card, it makes using it impossible.
7. mute the sound on your capture device software. it should still record everything even with the sound muted. at least it does with the elgato software.
sound should now be going to your headset & stereo with the laggy sound from the capture card software muted.

it’s not the cleanest setup, but it’s working for me finally. i have been tryin to find a way around this since i got these in december & just stumbled upon it today. if someone else has done this already, i never found it. hopefully this will help someone out though. good luck =)

bnhood  |  February 4th, 2013 at 6:58 am

this also means that you can use these ps3 headphones with your xbox.

you won’t be able to communicate with anyone in game but if you’re looking to record some gameplay & commentary while using these headphones, this’ll do it.

CYPSY  |  March 26th, 2013 at 4:23 am

Cant believe sony still don’t have this patched, PLEASE PLEASE PELASE Get this patched, and get it done properly!

jahmarshnz  |  July 26th, 2013 at 3:38 am

Please sort this out Sony, with the release of the new gen consoles gamers need this option!!