Join Now   Login Select a Language: English   Visit Playstation.Blog.EU

29 Comments Add your own

jimid  |  January 23rd, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Of course this needs to happen… the thought that you can excuse the absense of on-line multiplayer with the semi-apologetic gibberish they’re offering as an “explanation” for its ommission is kind of embarrassing really… If Ninty can do it in MK7 with their bare-bones, circa-1999 networking, surely it should be required on Vita handheld racers…

KingJames190  |  January 23rd, 2012 at 2:54 pm

I’m a huge Modnation racers fan but honestly head to hear online needs to be there. The PS Vita is supposed to be the next generation portable so for one of the first party titles which has previously been all about the online experience to not have it is insane to me. All the new features are great but why not have them and have head to head online? I want this game to be as amazing as I can be so please patch in online head to head multiplayer asap!

Please do this for your fans!

catrik007  |  January 23rd, 2012 at 3:04 pm

I was looking forward to playing this game on the VITA but my excitement was crushed when I found out their is no real online racing against others. My hopes were renewed when I found out Ragnarok Odyssey is going to add online 4 player CO-OP with add on DLC soon after the release date. THIS is all we ask of you the creators of Modnation Racers: Road trip. A promise that you will add online play with friends as a DLC patch and you can save all these lost sales and increased positive word of mouth of your game.

Catrik007

darth_orange93  |  January 23rd, 2012 at 3:17 pm

I wish it would happen but it’s probably to late now. :(

catrik007  |  January 23rd, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Dont worry darth_orange93 Online patch DLC is a feature built into the Design of the PS VITA, one whyof the more requested features from developers, this is also another reason why “The Online Pass” add on for $9.99 was created besides to get renters and used game buyers to get some income from people who dont buy new.

Catrik007

LionFranco  |  January 23rd, 2012 at 4:54 pm

No reason not to have online MP in this game. Add it or no sale…atleast not new. I’m sure someone will buy it, try to play online, find there is none, and trade it in…i’ll just buy that copy…i’m sure there will be lots.

elchorno  |  January 23rd, 2012 at 6:50 pm

This game was going to be a 1st day purchase for me, but not including Infrastructure multiplayer is rediculous. I guess I will stick with the PSP version and Wipeout 2048.

Advocate023  |  January 23rd, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Im also a dedicated mod nation racers player and fully support multiplayer / without multiplayer support im afraid this title will be collecting dust on some shelf. I only hope that once playstation realizes that roadtrip is a waste of time withoutit, they will eventually release addon content for the title, then you will see my money.

El_Pollo_CA  |  January 24th, 2012 at 2:31 pm

#2 hit this one on the head. I am Shocked at the statement they made as to why it’s not included….they want to mix it up a little and not be the same old racer…you know the same old racer that is a great great game on PS3 and I’m sure will be on the Vita,,but we’re taking out the most fun part, online head to head because that’s old hat now?? We’re supposed to be evolving the games not removing capabilities? A patch will come but only when the person who’s spouting such gibberish is not making those decisions anymore. I am really quite upset about this.. I’ve supported MNR and purchased all their costume dlc and track dlc (not the create packs) and that has cost me more than the game did at full 60bucks asking price. I wonder if at any point anyone from the MNR community was asked if they wanted this?

AlacrityFitz  |  January 24th, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Not sure I buy the reason stated publicly. Infra mode multi player would be a huge bandwidth drag, and that might be a more believable reason. Load times, and game lag may come into it for running the game all on Wifi and 3g.

The other online functions are great tho and I am still getting this early. With the touch interface I might even be able to not suck at track design.

MadMeat001  |  January 25th, 2012 at 8:06 am

A racing game without online multiplayer is like an hamburger without meat.
PLUS: they should make it available as DLC, not trough a new game that would be so counter productive.

Kira_187  |  January 26th, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Well at least i know that if this game does not have online multplayer, i dont have to buy it. and i love modnation on ps3

Teflon02  |  January 27th, 2012 at 11:26 am

@AlacrityFitz
not true to the slightest, believe it or not, the PS3 game loads great when your playing online as in it actually loads online races alot faster then offline races. If they do the system like that it will be perfectly smooth and also, why the hell would someone try run a game online through 3g? I swear even iPhone doesn’t allow that unless it’s a card game. Just have a regular wifi online it will work perfectly

IceColdKilla44  |  January 30th, 2012 at 12:35 pm

I completely agree. MNR on PS3 is my go-to online racing game. It’s fantastic. I would gladly pay for MNR on Vita if it had online racing modes. Without it, it’s hard to get excited for (or even care about) all the extra features advertised on the Blog every Monday.

Avversario  |  February 5th, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Modnation Racers: Road Trip developers won’t get a penny from me until they’ll implement online multiplayer into their game.

thenoobinator50  |  February 6th, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Fellow Modders, Mark from the Modnation Monday posts has comfirmed that the online multiplayer subject is being looked into and that they are considering to patch it in later on in the course of the game. However, this requires money, and SONY will not fund such a project if nobody buys this game. Please show your support and make modnation racers a day one purchase. I put my faith in the Modnation team that they will see to it that online is put in.

Thank you, and may Mario Cart burn in HELL!

cjmc18  |  February 7th, 2012 at 12:44 am

OOHH YES!! USING OUR POWER!!! THIS HAS TO HAPPEN!

cjmc18  |  February 7th, 2012 at 12:56 am

i HAVE SHARED THIS ON MY BLOG! I HOPE IT GETS A FEW MORE VOTES! :) clickhereforgames.blogspot.com

MrGreeK360  |  February 20th, 2012 at 3:52 pm

I am horribly disipointed, i bought this game for multiplaer. This game was a waste of time for a dev to create it. If gameloft a sall publisher can add multlayer coop on dungeon hunter alliance then there is no excuse for no multiplayer. That bs excuse that multiplayer is just a rehash is complete ba. Just fess up and admit you didnt have the time dor launchh. If you dont patch this them obviously you dont care about your customers, just on profit. Doesnt modnation racers on psp have online play. What a shame because this game would of sold so many copies and now its worthless, im a dumbass for trusting the dev to release a game with todaya standard. Plese just confirm a patch or say there wont be one so i can toss the game off the cn tower. Maybe some fool who finds it will think its worth playing. Sorry for the rant but for modnation being a full priced game is insane. Patch plz il even pay dor it just patch the damn thing..

stupidroadruner  |  February 20th, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Multiplayer please and thank you

ROLO_ONFIRE  |  March 1st, 2012 at 11:47 am

They NEED to add this, even if it’s a $5 download, and they should also fix loading times

neto2552  |  April 4th, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Why i bought this game…. when does the patch will be out? i really need multiplayer i can´t spend weeks in the history mode…

FruitySnaks  |  May 7th, 2012 at 6:32 pm

PLEASE!!!!!!!!! How does the psp version has it and not the Vita version ?

remanutd5  |  May 15th, 2012 at 2:30 pm

They need to add the patch ASAP.

OUT_LAW_009  |  July 2nd, 2012 at 3:17 am

yeah this needs more votes, it’s kinda shameful not to have it.

nationracer12  |  March 13th, 2014 at 5:44 pm

multiplayer would be so fun on vita