Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
412 rating, 426 votes412 rating, 426 votes

+412
Score

Votes

Online VITA Players/Trophies Visible on PS3

Idea 53770 | Posted in by | February 23, 2012

Allow players on the PS3 to “see” PS VITA players – as well as their VITA-specific trophies – in their friends list while online.

58 Comments

Pages: 1 2

mjc0961  |  February 23rd, 2012 at 5:32 pm

They should have had both of these features added to the PS3 before the Vita launched.

On Xbox Live, you can see achievements from any platform on any platform. On the 360, you can see PC and Windows Phone 7 achievements on the 360. On your PC, you can see 360 and WP7 achievements, and on your WP7, you can see 360 and PC achievements.

Keep in line with the competition, Sony. PS3 and PS Vita are both Playstation products played with the same account on the same network. Vita trophies should be viewable any place we can view our profiles, which means our PS3 consoles and our Playstation.com profiles. They should not be viewable only on Vita.

mjc0961  |  February 23rd, 2012 at 5:32 pm

It really feels like a massive oversight that Vita was launched without these features in place. It almost seems like Sony doesn’t want you to know about the Vita unless you already have one. Being able to see Vita trophies anywhere you look at a trophy collection is not only basic functionality that exists, but would basically be free advertising. Imagine you compare trophies with a friend on PS3, and you see “Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita)” in their list. If didn’t know about Vita and that game before, now you do, and maybe you go out and buy a Vita or at least look up more about the game and the platform. It’s really very silly for many reasons that Sony hasn’t already done this.

P_Pigly_Hogswine  |  February 23rd, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Agreed. Why make arguably the most social/connected handheld but stop at being able to view Vita activity and trophies from the entire PS network? At very least I’m happy the Vita trophies count towards your totals, but seems odd they’d not let you view Vita trophies from your PS3 etc.

razor_sharp84  |  February 24th, 2012 at 10:34 am

I can see my friends’ PS3 trophies and online stasus from the Vita. I just assumed it also worked in the other direction. I’m surprised to find that it doesn’t.

Coody-Baroody  |  February 25th, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Im sorry to say people that Playstation have told me that there are

“No plans to implement these features to the PS3″

With the Vita’s terrible start in the East and the PSN hack last year you would think Sony need as much good publicity as possible for this awesome (apart from this) bit of tech.

This imo is a massive, glaring cock up and over sight.

“yeah, i know, lets push this cross platform play idea for our 2 consoles but lets make our original conlsole unable to even detect the new one exists!”

I love Playstation but this is embarrasing.

Razgrez11  |  February 25th, 2012 at 3:01 pm

The fact that they don’t show on the ps3 was a major turn off for me.

Spreken  |  February 26th, 2012 at 12:31 am

This is the only fault I have found with the system so far. It is frustrating. It seems like it would be a simple patch and I hope they fix this soon.

miciek  |  February 26th, 2012 at 1:50 pm

I have many friends on my PS Network and I’d like to share my Vita trophies with them. I am sure this will force many of them to buy their own Vita… I know that my PSN level is rising, but none of my Vita trophies can be seen. I am sure this is not intuitive to PlayStation users…

tazinlwfl  |  February 28th, 2012 at 12:02 pm

I’m also having an issue with seeing friends added from my Vita on my PS3. This is probably related, and might not even require an update.

ChiefMayhemSoap  |  February 29th, 2012 at 5:24 am

They absolutely should have done that right from the start and I expected it to work, when I bought the vita. this way, it’s really disappointing! :o(

ROLO_ONFIRE  |  March 1st, 2012 at 11:43 am

I can’t believe that they didn’t add this, I mean the Vita was released two months ago in Japan

digiboy123  |  March 2nd, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Yes, this needs to be added. I dislike that my friends can’t even see me online with the Vita, let alone what I’m playing on it!

Richard919  |  March 4th, 2012 at 11:39 am

youd think theyd have this day 1. seems kinda like basic features

Kermit1970  |  March 5th, 2012 at 10:13 am

This should definitely be added.

j-money909  |  March 5th, 2012 at 5:26 pm

To me Trophies on the Vita was a huge selling point and the fact that i can’t see them on my PS3 is a real bummer. They need to be linked and I don’t want to wait until E3 for them to announce it.

killercow_ld  |  March 11th, 2012 at 7:35 am

I really don’t understand why it wasn’t added. Seems like the point of cross platform PSN >.>

Toxia  |  March 11th, 2012 at 12:39 pm

this is the main thing i want to see added to the vita and also to be able to play ps one games

Kimberly0780  |  March 12th, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Omg I was soo disappointed to find out that this wasn’t implemented when I picked up my First Edition bundle. I raced straight home, after leaving early from school mind you, to log on and show all my PSN friends my beautiful new piece of Sony tech. What a let down. Sony, I have 100% in Welcome Park and a ton of Sigma Plus trophies. Please let me show my PS3 friends!!

smoothas5assin  |  March 12th, 2012 at 3:56 pm

No wonder the Vita sold so poorly in Japan. Leaving out a key and simple feature like this is inexcusable.

Hamorhage  |  March 13th, 2012 at 1:27 am

C’mon the Vita is near perfect…except for this of course. Please integrate this properly Sony, show that you care about what your consumers want.

Le_Leverett  |  March 14th, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Can it really be that hard for them to add this feature?

Squiggle55  |  March 14th, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Even the fact that the Vita has a separate category for PSN trophies and Vita trophies seems strange to me. Just make all trophies the same.

SHERIFFBULL0CK  |  March 18th, 2012 at 6:51 pm

I’m not surprised Sony has not delivered on the promise of exceptional PS3-Vita integration. When designing the PS3, Sony did not have enough foresight to build-in the RAM that would’ve allowed gamers to enjoy cross-game/party chat. Nor have they added voice messaging–a feature, I *think*, was even available on the original XBOX. And you still can’t send/view text messages through the Playstation website. The website, by the way, in its North American version does not display Vita trophies or even many PS3 trophies properly (for me, that includes ICO and LittleBigPlanet 2 DLC). So, again, while I’m impressed with the Vita hardware, I’m not surprised Sony hasn’t delivered a UI experience to match.

Here’s the minimum of what we need:

* Vita trophies to appear on the PS3
* Vita users to appear on PS3 friends lists (so PS3 users can see Vita users online/what they’re playing, and message them/send game invites)

SHERIFFBULL0CK  |  March 18th, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Additional suggestions:

* Vita to automatically restart/refresh the Friends app after Vita is woken out of sleep (so you don’t have to manually restart the app every time, or miss notifications)
* Option to have Vita wake itself out of sleep when Vita/PS3 friend comes online
* Cross-platform chat from the PS3’s XMB (you can already x-chat within Hustle Kings, so it can be done)
* NEAR Friends’ Activity streams on the Vita to include PS3 users and their earned trophies/statuses/purchases/etc.
* Export the Friends’ Activity streams and Live Area concepts to the PS3
* Finally fix Playstation.com (North America) so it displays Vita trophies and *ALL* PS3 trophies

And this isn’t a feature request, but a mandate I wish Sony would have for Vita developers:

* No Vita games (like, Uncharted: Golden Abyss) purposely disconnect you from the network. The reason I bought the Vita was that it was an “always connected” handheld. Forcing me offline so I can’t see my friends, or their messages, or chat with them in party chat, defeats the very purpose of the device!!!

That would be a good start. ;)

Jdiizzy  |  March 21st, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Agreed, They should have had that from the start. But since they didn’t it would be a nice addition.

Xvault  |  March 24th, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Yeah, what a disappointment on this. I was so frustrated to see that the vita trophies are not added to my ps3 trophies. They should be one and the same. Also the people voting down on this are just trolling, ridiculous. I will gladly get rid of my vita within the next month if I don’t see an update for this. I also will not buy another sony handheld again. This is just something so basic and a no brainer to have done. A near flawless system and they just miss it. Also, yeah to not have anyone on the ps3 see you online with your vita…really? Please sony, fix this asap.

EzraMajor  |  March 26th, 2012 at 6:45 pm

I agree here.. It’s a little disappointing Sony wouldn’t have assumed we wanted this feature from the get-go..

YogurtStorm  |  March 29th, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Agree 100%.

I was really disapointed that my Ps3 friends can’t see me as ‘Online’ maybe with a little Vita icon.

Whats the point of logging in to PSN on Vita if nobody can tell I’m online…

TopCowRaven  |  March 29th, 2012 at 10:25 pm

I agree, some of my friends have a ps3 while i only have a vita, i was hoping they could at least see me online and check out my profile trophies etc.

I really hope they work on this feature.

Tareq_Juve  |  April 5th, 2012 at 12:47 am

i really want that and to appear online to my ps3 friends when am on my vita

MrJackhammer  |  April 8th, 2012 at 4:56 am

Ehh wtf? I thought this was a no-brainer.
Why are we voting on something that SHOULD ALREADY BE THERE???

La_maravich_22  |  April 10th, 2012 at 6:32 am

Comw on Sony do something about this issue please also enable cross chat platform and flash player

HealyHQ  |  April 15th, 2012 at 11:04 am

Seriously, this should have already been done from the get-go. :|

chaindrive30  |  April 18th, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I definitely agree Sony this needs to be done we should be able to see our Vita friends while on PS3 as well as trophies it’d be nice if you guys could just link all trophies together into one collection viewable on PS3 and PSVita. The Panel background feature on Vita( ape escape, rogue galaxy, wkc, wild arms pics )it’d be sweet to have that on PS3 as well it adds more individuality than just the colors and you guys could add more through patches or through PSN just like with themes ansd avatars. Also the friend list on PS3 needs to be done like the Vita Friend list it’s way better on Vita give the same features to the PS3.

MSDoom  |  April 29th, 2012 at 5:03 am

Why would anyone vote this down?? It seems like it’d be a given that considering Sony’s campaign for promoting the Vita was driven by its cross-platform play. Now having my Vita for several months it seems like almost everything I’d thought the vita would be able to do is completely a gimmick. Sony better get on top of things and realize it’s not just about making a profit (probably the reason they see no need to add this: no $$$), but also more importantly KEEPING SONY/PLAYSTATION FANS BEFORE THEY BAIL. Think outside the box Sony, your supporters are what make you your money.

alx681  |  April 29th, 2012 at 6:00 pm

seriously why this wasnt a feature from day 1 i have no clue.. 2 months later and we are still waiting..

Smallrecords  |  April 29th, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Hopefully this will be implemented in a future firmware update but it does surprise me that this feature wouldn’t be included from a day 1 launch. Companies like apple and microsoft strive to create devices that all “talk” to each other and use simalar features by design of the OS. I should hope that Sony would keep pace with the industry and make all their Playstation products and features cross-hardware-compatible.

cwebb15  |  May 8th, 2012 at 4:22 am

Can’t be that hard to implement. Please Sony let’s get this done.

mimzymoo  |  May 8th, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Please add PSVITA trophies to the PS3 trophy list. Maybe it can say earnt on the PS Vita or something. It will lead to increased trophy count and a better awareness of the Vita and hopefully more sales. Get it sorted Sony and tell us you are going to implement this. Thanks

W1ck3d_p  |  May 13th, 2012 at 10:51 am

Why anyone would downvote this is beyond me!
This needs more attention, this is a must for all Vita owners.

Squall-Pwns  |  May 21st, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I would hope this feature would get added at some point because it would be nice to know if your friend is online that has a cross-platform supported game and you wanted to play with them.

DreamInInfrared  |  May 30th, 2012 at 10:31 am

This is by far my most-wanted feature that’s currently missing from the Vita.

kinyotusunami  |  June 10th, 2012 at 10:52 pm

This has to happen, now! How the hell does something like this get left out of a game system that cross platform gaming was presented as such a huge deal. Complete bull sh-t.. I expect an update taking care of this issue ASAP

lakers_girl_09  |  June 11th, 2012 at 8:14 pm

I didn’t notice this suggestion was already posted. I posted a similar suggestion as well.

Squall-Pwns  |  June 16th, 2012 at 11:03 pm

This feature kinda makes me sad that it’s missing. This sort of defeats the purpose of having Cross-platform support if you can’t see your Vita friends online. But first, they need to make it so that the Vita stays online all the time when connected to Wi-Fi. I don’t know the technical know how of the Vita, but I mean come on, the Nintendo 3DS stays connected to the Internet at all times and has a refreshing Friends list. Maybe I just have high expectations for the PS Vita then…

Tucky-Lodestone  |  June 19th, 2012 at 5:53 am

I have no intentions of buying a Vita until the trophies are combined.

lunchroom  |  June 20th, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I assumed this was included when I purchased the Vita. Such a disappointment.

whenz  |  June 21st, 2012 at 1:10 pm

ill be really glad if sony will release a software update that will include ps vita trophies on the ps3… sony please… you said you want to be the best… so listen to us… give us what we want and you’ll get what you deserve…

Pages: 1 2