Join Now   Login Select a Language: English   Visit Playstation.Blog.EU

An option to turn off shutter sound

Idea 55977 | Posted in , by | May 17, 2012

There should be an option for the shutter sound off when you take a picture or at least add a sound volume for it.

11 Comments Add your own

doug_brit  |  May 25th, 2012 at 10:57 am

If I’m not mistaken, it is law in some countries that all cameras make a shutter sound. This is all from memory, but I believe it started with (pardon the phrasing) “up-skirt” shots, I hate the shutter sound too, but I don’t think this is where Sony’s legal team should spend their efforts.

Just my 2 cents though.

Thanks for the great suggestion!

SsJ_Naruto-Vash  |  May 31st, 2012 at 12:33 pm

doug, you are absolutely right… In many countries, it’s illegal to film or take a picture of someone without their conscent. I’m assuking this was the intent of Mark…

ninenullseven  |  October 5th, 2012 at 10:51 pm

I just want to let me CHOOSE myself if I want to be sued for upskirt shots. That’s not the Sony’s business to choose whatever I should do with my device. If I want to beat someone to death with Vita – why they don’t do it all plush? :D

MarkakaJin  |  October 15th, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I wasn’t aware of that about the law in some countries that all cameras have to make a shutter sound. I guess, if it is one for the U.S. then this idea can’t be accepted.

the--agent--47  |  March 7th, 2013 at 4:14 pm

the hell… the ps vita is the only digital camera that you can’t disable sound that I have seen in my life :(

cowmamba  |  March 12th, 2013 at 2:51 am

I don’t believe it’s required by law in the US to have an audible shutter sound that can’t be disabled. Every cell phone, tablet, point and shoot camera all have shutters sounds that can be toggled on or off.

The sound is too loud on the Vita. I am often in quiet places like the library where taking a screenshot that produces a very audible shutter sound is a no go.

I was laying in bed the other night and forgot how loud the sound was, I took a screenshot of Urban Trial Freestyle and it woke my girlfriend up because it was so dang loud and I had my audio nearly muted.

There should be a toggle to turn it on or off or at least a volume setting to make it less boisterous.

I would also like to see a lower brightness setting, there’s absolutely no reason why the screen has to be as bright as it is on the lowest setting. It kills at night in the dark. When you leave the Vita idle for a minute, the screen dims down, why can’t we set it to this dimness?

I really hope Sony takes this into consideration.

the--agent--47  |  September 6th, 2013 at 10:37 pm

that sound is totally ridiculous any other device can be setup to be quiet

shoopdahoop  |  October 3rd, 2013 at 5:01 pm

heres what you can do: before you take a picture, put your thumbs over the speaker holes. no loud shutter sound :D

shoopdahoop  |  October 3rd, 2013 at 5:04 pm

it doesnt mute the sound completely, but it at least makes it quieter!

Solidmgsnake  |  November 19th, 2013 at 5:53 pm

The shutter sound is very loud. At least roll out the option to the U.S. sheesh..

dragon_frost  |  December 8th, 2013 at 3:29 pm

I also feel they need better plug-in support for sites with like html 5 & other flash plug-in types supported by sites & also flicker reduction.

Cheers Gamers & Happy Gaming!