Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
205 rating, 215 votes205 rating, 215 votes

+205
Score

Votes

Allow folders on PS Vita

Idea 57730 | Posted in , by | July 21, 2012

Organize ability to create folders for games and apps on my PS Vita such as Vita games, PSP games, and Apps (such as Twitter, Netflix, etc.)

18 Comments

shadow71  |  August 1st, 2012 at 8:28 am

vote up vote up vote up vote up. 32g memory card with every photo in one folder. FAIL

xXGALV1TRONXx  |  August 5th, 2012 at 7:41 pm

ahhh, what do you think the option to make new screens is for!!! I dont want sony turning my vita into a clogged mess with all kinds of folders, i will suggest the option to let us title our different windows without rememmbering where our content is:)

Hollywood115  |  August 31st, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Depending on how many icons you have, even with different screens it is just a mess…

It’s like using an iphone/android and using different screens for different things. It just doesn’t work that well.

We need folders ASAP! My Vita is looking like a mess and nearly impossible to have that many icons organized in a good way without folders…

Gorvi  |  September 19th, 2012 at 8:41 am

The reason I suggested this is that you’re limited in the number of screens you can have. I have a ton of things on my Vita, from Vita games, to videos, to apps, minis, PS1 games, and PSP games. You’re limited to 10 “pages” and as of right now I’m very close to full. I try to sort my pages by the type of content and the only page I have any more than 1 or 2 spaces left on is the page for I set aside for PSP games. I think I have a total of 10-12 spaces left, but at least 14GB of space free on my 32GB card.

SarshelYam  |  September 19th, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Totally this! All of my screens are filled with Vita, PSone, PSP, etc. I need more options for organization.

Teslanaut  |  October 9th, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Please also include the ability to organize & create folders in the Video player as well.

katherto  |  October 9th, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Though I wouldn’t say I have a mess I do have 8 pages of icons organized as best I can (and around the important bits of each background chosen). While it gives more character and opportunity to select certain backgrounds for each page It doesn’t change the fact there’s 8 PAGES of stuff to flip through with only 2 holding the crapware that came along with the Vita (certain of things being unremovable too).

Would really appreciate folder organizing. While we’re at it can we have just 1 active game button? We don’t need 8 individual ones laying around when we can only access them with a game cartridge. The PS3 employs this and I get why downloaded games would have their own icon but this would further help the organization cause.

almighty-slayer  |  October 9th, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Yep. Really really needed. My homescreens are beginning to become full, and i only have 2 left. Not good.

Folders would help, Sony

Erdricks_Boxers  |  October 9th, 2012 at 9:07 pm

It’s a little ridiculous tha this isn’t already implemented. Even the 3DS has folders. What are they waiting for?

DracoLovesRi  |  October 9th, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Also need to remember bubbles when switching cards. That way the folder info won’t be lost.

Lord-Coolstyles  |  October 14th, 2012 at 8:18 pm

This should definitely happen, especially considering the fact that Sony had the brilliant idea of making an icon for every physical game you have ever put into the Vita.

SomaXD  |  November 24th, 2012 at 10:33 pm

So when is this going to happen? already seen FW 2.0 add some awesmoe stuff.. but still no folders!!! we need it now more than ever with PS+ since we will have hundreds of games downloaded!!!!!!!

mjc0961  |  February 24th, 2013 at 8:21 pm

@2: Scrolling through a bunch of screens is far messier than just having folders. Furthermore, nobody is saying that you’d have to use them if they existed. Enjoy your disorganized mess of a live area while the rest of us clean up with folders.

And as 10 pointed out, even the 3DS has folders. No excuse for Vita not to have them as almost every other user interface in existence allows for their use.

Mando44646  |  March 6th, 2013 at 6:08 am

I really dont get how Sony doesnt see the demand to allow folder creation. It shouldnt be that hard of a feature to add

Xxskullkid99xX  |  March 17th, 2013 at 11:23 pm

I Definitly Agree with these people, we should have a Abillity to have folder’s if we need one. It would make things alot easier.