Join Now   Login Select a Language: English   Visit Playstation.Blog.EU

-20 rating, 188 votes-20 rating, 188 votes

-20
Score

Votes

Option to Disable Trophies PS3/Vita

Idea 63870 | Posted in by | October 15, 2012

A system option to disable trophies for the system, or profile, or at least get rid of the notifications.

10 Comments

SsJ_Naruto-Vash  |  October 23rd, 2012 at 7:57 am

You can create a PS3 account and not sync it to the PSN… But is this really an issue? You win like 50 trophies per minute?

RedShadow5963  |  November 17th, 2012 at 2:20 pm

You can get rid of notifications!

Cirkustanz  |  December 14th, 2012 at 7:33 pm

No, you can not get rid of the trophy notification popup. The option for notifications in the system menu only refers to messages, and your friends logging on. There is no way to disable a trophy pop-up. Most games have dozens of trophies, believe me, if you could disable them I would have done so long ago.

Also, the first person to comment needs to read the entire message. The person says specifically, “at least get rid of the notifications”. Not syncing your profile has NOTHING to do with the trophies.

Cirkustanz  |  December 14th, 2012 at 7:34 pm

has NOTHING to do with the trophy notifications, I mean.

DonkeyKongKilla  |  December 16th, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Wow, its not a big issue, omfg another trophy notification!!!! nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo… cmon now really?…
I usually check it to see what I did to unlock it haha.. But just ignore it i mean really its not a big issue..

Vito!

Shade-151  |  March 20th, 2013 at 11:28 am

Why would anyone down vote the [b][i]option[/i][/b]? Many of us hate it, and those that don’t think its a bit deal or want them [i]wont be affected[/i].

I hate it, my PS3 is a brick and its games unplayable ashes that were once masterpieces as far as I’m concerned, until such a time as Sony lets me play games unplagued by pop-up advertisements of my “accomplishments”.

spacerockmonster  |  April 1st, 2013 at 5:33 am

A big YES from me. It sounds minor but it actually breaks the main point of notifications if you can’t disable something that pops up automatically almost every day.

They allow us to disable all of the others, but when I see my Vita light on now I just think ‘oh, it’s just telling me pointlessly about my trophies again’ instead of ‘cool, i’ve got a message or something fun’ so I tend to ignore it most of the time (and so end up missing the odd game invite until too late).

It’s the same as if you receive a lot of prerecorded sales calls you stop answering the phone and let the answerphone take it to check later.

Please let us disable this and then the notification alert will become a lot more useful (and fun!)

spacerockmonster  |  April 1st, 2013 at 6:44 am

ps. I’m going to create a request asking for the option to disable the Trophy sync notifications in Vita.

This is different from the little pop ups while you’re playing a game which aren’t that much of a distraction (which is why I think it’s being voted down), thinking you have a message when it’s just a daily background task is the problem for me.

the_ed_85  |  May 9th, 2013 at 10:13 pm

The trophy popup and sound completely draw me out of the immersion of a game. It’s a distraction. Games are supposed to be immersive, why ruin that with pointless notifications. If they don’t make so you can disable them or at least the notification, a least make it so that they only show up when you quit the game and return to xmb.

gozulin  |  August 20th, 2013 at 8:13 am

Why is this downvoted so much? What’s wrong about letting people who want an immersive experience opt out of having stuff popping out onscreen?