Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
-75 rating, 321 votes-75 rating, 321 votes

-75
Score

Votes

PSN Store Animated Ads/Previews

Idea 63703 | Posted in by | October 15, 2012

Can the PSN store use trailers in the featured section on the homepage to entice customers. The static icons may be underwhelming compared to videos.

14 Comments

IIL0YDII  |  October 16th, 2012 at 10:09 am

um no thanks i think i have enough ads in my life to have them in ps store

Permafry_42  |  October 16th, 2012 at 11:10 am

@llL0YDll There already are ads on psn… this would just allow them to be dynamic ads instead.

SsJ_Naruto-Vash  |  October 16th, 2012 at 12:44 pm

+Permafry_42 it would waste so much more bandwidth for Sony, and they’d actually lose money… If you want to watch a trailer, go on the game and select “watch trailer”… It’s not rocket science.

Kchow23  |  October 16th, 2012 at 11:21 pm

I believe that the new PS Store will add something similar to this feature. You could check out a walkthrough on gametrailers.

favian  |  October 18th, 2012 at 8:28 am

IIL0YDII, he’s talking about better previews for the game you’re looking at.

NateWolf  |  November 29th, 2012 at 9:16 pm

XBL has this type of thing going on in their store, and is one of the primary reasons I don’t play on Xbox 360.

YunGFLASHyy  |  January 20th, 2013 at 12:07 am

No. the new store is slow enough, we don’t need anymore media heavy ads slowing it down even more.

MeteorMash  |  January 21st, 2013 at 4:10 am

No, absolutely not. We already have enough ads on the laggy pastors. We don’t need anymore ads.

busnut33  |  January 27th, 2013 at 1:42 am

NO MORE ADS! I miss the old store.

kezins  |  February 25th, 2013 at 9:31 pm

No thanks. PSN is already slow enough as it is. A bunch of ads would be a Microsoft move.

Necroscope40  |  August 2nd, 2013 at 1:49 am

I personally don’t like ads. I came from the Xbox 360 and knowing the money they make from ads didn’t benefit us at all. The only way it will change my mind and that if Sony comes out straight forward and explain the need for ads and that they would make a button that reads “from our sponsor”. Giving us the choices to look that those ads if we want too. Again I don’t like ads. I just started enjoying the PS3 and looking forward to the Ps4 hope these isn’t going to be a problem in the near future.