Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU

Ability to change User ID

Idea 73415 | Posted in , by | May 20, 2014

PS4 needs an update to add the ability to change User ID for $5.

692 Comments Add your own

Pages: 1 11 12 13

Vicbou  |  October 11th, 2016 at 8:57 am

Don’t make this happen. Ever. Only someone age sixteen and below would ever think this is a good idea.

missdeona  |  October 13th, 2016 at 7:26 pm

Oh really? Let me tell you something, boy.

I’m 41, am going through an identity change for my own protection. My online ID is from my old life before then.

Only those 16 and under think of it as a good idea? How presumptuous of you….and wrong.

iVagah  |  October 18th, 2016 at 10:06 am

30,000 upvotes.
ATTN PLAYSTATION: Its time.
Ive already got a great new username picked out!

Maick_GS  |  October 22nd, 2016 at 2:40 pm

I would like to have that option at least to use some time because I am now using an account that made for guests and put a any ID, but I would like to change put a better ID … Because my main account is in another country there I can not put ps plus or have access to paid DLCs and games pormoções, could leave free to change once after q want change will have to pay and Sony will make lots of money with it, because create account and start from zero not the long lost, and also of a lot of work because it has games that you have to set it manually, exemple pro evolution soccer this game has to practically set it all manual is very annoying takes a long time out online progress if you are a high lvl and having to make another account and start from scratch, but hackers can easily it will play the game to see the lvl have any difficulties climbing the pleyrs expelling you from missions is very annoying

creed1356  |  October 22nd, 2016 at 5:47 pm

I would like to see this feature added for the reason that I created my user ID over 10 years ago when I had a psp and was unable to create a new psn account without a new email and I don’t want to have to keep track of several different email accounts because I don’t like my ID and I also don’t want to lose access to hundreds of dollars worth of content in order to change it.

PM4MVP  |  November 13th, 2016 at 10:45 pm

My husband and I have been playing destiny since initial release- it’s one of the ways we started dating. We want to change our IDs to match our married status since we always play together but don’t want to lose 3 years worth of characters and progress- PLEASE allow a once per account name update or once/year uodste!

JAD_  |  November 19th, 2016 at 6:42 am

How is this still not a thing? Wake up Sony. Xbox let’s you do it. Steam let’s you do it. Google let’s you do it for mobile games on Android. I can change my username for games on my phone but not on my PlayStation. This is embarrassing.

InsaneMalware  |  November 21st, 2016 at 11:52 am

Xbox, Steam and many others has this very basic functionality. This for sure is the most wanted item in the list for a long time and until now wasn’t implemented. It’s a shame. Wake up Sony. The players want to change their username, your region location. We want more flexibility.

dark18assassin92  |  December 1st, 2016 at 3:28 pm

I would like this too! I’ve asked for it enough times

-dark18assassin92

liamwhit34  |  December 7th, 2016 at 12:46 pm

I chose my username years ago, didn’t think it would be shown in games, cause as you can see its my first name and some of my last name, so being able to change it to something cooler would be good. Also I agree with the comment about them just caring about money, hence why they copied Xbox to pay to play online.. But oh well.. the world is growing up with greed, stupid ideas and stupid trends.

mamuske  |  January 12th, 2017 at 9:40 am

Oh sony please make this
evan if not for free ill pay 🙁

wayne_399  |  January 13th, 2017 at 11:12 am

YES!!!! I use my best friends account since he got a new one and i need to change the gmertag!

Perweek  |  January 19th, 2017 at 1:31 am

Sony! I beg of you as a PlayStation member since ps1 we need this psn id change and reset the inactive/ban account names.. Please ❤

Ezhy  |  January 19th, 2017 at 1:37 am

Sony! I beg on my knees for you guys to do a name change and a reset on all inactive accounts. Please

DARKB1KE  |  February 2nd, 2017 at 5:54 pm

Terrible idea. Think about all the trolls.

TFT_Wildcard  |  February 7th, 2017 at 6:36 pm

My profile name is correlated to my old band who I have bad relations with. Its like having an ex girlfriend’s name tattooed on me. If Sony has any common sense, they would realize people are not going to want to keep the same name as people’s interests and who they are change

REckLess_0777  |  February 11th, 2017 at 7:23 pm

We should be able to change our gamer tag at least once with account verification and if we want to change it again then we should have to pay at least $5 for it. A lot of people have made their gamer tag when they were younger and made stupid names but in the course of spending time, effort, and money into an account it’s just not worth losing all of that just to make a new account .

shayanrabiei  |  February 16th, 2017 at 8:27 am

Or maybe even add a online game id which is shown in the game…..

LEFT__4__DEAD__2  |  February 18th, 2017 at 10:35 am

This would be a great most wanted feature and i agree with having limits =^-^=

oJSPYDEYo  |  February 22nd, 2017 at 9:43 pm

I’m surprised this hasn’t already happened. This is one thing Microsoft has been doing since the 360 and it clearly hasn’t been an issue on their end. If anything they are getting more money because they charge for the name change. Charge us $10 a name change and allow it once a year. If all 30+ people on here who are voting they want this change are willing to pay the $10 fee that’s over 300k in revenue and happy Playstation owners. Seems like a win/win in my book.

TMJ-594  |  March 2nd, 2017 at 6:56 pm

I want to change my name because, well, LOOK AT IT!

I didn’t know TMJ was short for Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome/disorder, it stands for something else ok.

kingsainsburys  |  March 12th, 2017 at 10:34 am

It should free for 1st change of id then $15 for any wants to change id for second time

FuriousAngelX30  |  March 14th, 2017 at 8:12 am

Sony please let us change our PSN! Just add a notification that displays something like player “x” changed their psn to “y”. This with the real name feature reduces any confusion that may arise.

krzak97  |  March 20th, 2017 at 12:56 pm

Just copy the solution which is in use on steam

Thrasher1009  |  March 25th, 2017 at 3:38 am

I think it’s a good idea because if you create a ID but like it you can able to change the ID that you like

Silent__Killer01  |  April 2nd, 2017 at 8:27 pm

I just want this added so we can move on.

nethy_x3  |  April 27th, 2017 at 8:14 am

In 2014 they said they wanted to implement name changing, but they wanted to avoid griefing. Well, how about you only allow name changes 1 a year and charge 10$ for it? Simple.
So now that you have the solution, are we getting name-changes?

Pages: 1 11 12 13