Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU

Ability to change User ID

Idea 73415 | Posted in , by | May 20, 2014

PS4 needs an update to add the ability to change User ID for $5.

692 Comments Add your own

Pages: 1 2 3 4 13

Dr_Natas  |  June 19th, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Having the ability to change your name should be allow and allowed once a year only. Limit the name changing and keep the same friends and have one friend with 5 different names.

EP1CC00K135  |  June 19th, 2014 at 4:55 pm

Please, for the love of god, I made mine as a stupid 13 year old. Please let me change it.

basketballboy13  |  June 19th, 2014 at 6:54 pm

please for the love of god let us change our usernames… look at my name… “basketballboy13” its been almost 7 years since I had that name and i get made fun of by my friends all the time for it. LET US CHANGE IT.

BigBadWULF101  |  June 19th, 2014 at 9:16 pm

I’ve always kept my usernames in everything as Big Bad Wulf whatever. But my only problem here is the “WULF101”. It makes me feel as if I come off as obnoxious or like I’m 13 again.

Starbuck3188  |  June 19th, 2014 at 11:40 pm

Please do this! I was really into Battlestar Galactica when I made mine. I still like the show, but I’m not that big of a fan that I want to keep my PSN name this!

CubesTheGamer  |  June 20th, 2014 at 12:57 am

+BlindMango Steam does it right with allowed you to nickname your friends on your friends list regardless of what their username is.

kidx15  |  June 20th, 2014 at 1:00 am

Please i made my username when i was only 15
it sounds so immature and i want nothing more than to change it -__-

rafalrazmus  |  June 20th, 2014 at 2:41 am

I’ve voted NO. I like the idea of ability to change user name but it should be free.

GreggyChan  |  June 20th, 2014 at 5:58 am

I would adore this feature!

Please implement

ExasperatedNil  |  June 20th, 2014 at 8:49 am

I want this feature so badly. I made my PSN account many years ago and I would love to update it.

Mr_Thrust  |  June 20th, 2014 at 10:29 am

I am STILL waiting and hoping that they will SOME FREAKING DAY De-Register usernames who’ve been inactive for god knows how long.

My name I use across EVERY SINGLE GAME I PLAY, which I have been known by for years to people I’ve played with everywhere, has been inactive since the first wave of original PS3 Slims came out, with only a wrestling game and a Hockey game on it’s play history, with like 2 hours logged to both, then never saw again.

Deactivate all of the INACTIVE and forgotten or un-cared for usernames, and let people who REALLY want them get them.

tehhitokyri  |  June 20th, 2014 at 7:26 pm

I really wish this would become a reality.. my thoughts on it are this…

If they add this feature… make the first change free. Get people on your good side and then shortly after feel free to charge a nominal fee.

MR-LoverMan-1982  |  June 20th, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Yes i wood love to change my Psn id for 5 or 10 dollar PlayStation need that patch on it it wood help a lot of people out beside making a new account in losing all trophy in friends .

CDB_Sailor  |  June 23rd, 2014 at 8:54 pm

I fully agree this needs to be a feature. I like many others made a username that is very undesirable to have now.

If the reason Sony has not done it as of yet is because of everyone’s account being fully tied to that name, change the system.

An example of a replacement is to assign a unique hexadecimal string to everyone’s account. Then use a server/program/code to make what everyone including the user sees is the username they choose.

To avoid downtime, you could even have your system convert over the account when it has been inactive for about an hour or two.

I also agree with what another user posted about having the old ones listed if requested. Also, once a username has been used, it is unavailable to ever be used again. This is mainly so that a new user does not get any hate or flak from what the last person did with that username.

StRAiGHtPiFF420  |  June 23rd, 2014 at 11:04 pm

THERES MORE IMPORTANT FEATURES MISSING THAN CHANGE YOUR STUPID PSN NAME!!! LIKE REALLY???

THE PS4 CABT EVEN PLAY A MP3 FILE ANS YOUR WORRYING AVOUT CHANGING YOUR PSN NAME WHY DID YOUR DUMBAS PICK THE NAME IN THE FIRST DAMN PLACE JUST MAKE ANOTHER ACCOUNT DUMBAS!!

THE PS3 DOES WAY MORE THINGS THAN THE DAMN PS4!!! WHY CANT I PICK MY OWN BACGROUNDS OR WATCH MOVIES LIKE THE DAMN PS3 CAN DO!!?? BUT YOU RETARDS WANNA CHANGE YOUR PSN JESUS FKN CHRIST

mojpeptan  |  June 25th, 2014 at 2:36 pm

This makes a good claim as a potential profit for Sony. Honestly, gamers want to support their passion and knowing that their purchase can give them a better experience than what is the issue? I’m surprised that Sony has not done this.

My suggestion is if Sony does not want to charge for this then they should at least allow PS Plus users this ability as incentive to their subscription.

Just a thought.

BlvdBrawler  |  June 27th, 2014 at 10:18 am

This would be cool for folks that figured a cooler name than the one currently have. I’m having that problem right now.

fahad1794  |  June 28th, 2014 at 6:18 pm

really we all need this sony please!

ej787  |  June 29th, 2014 at 5:29 pm

sony please comment on this i really want this option.but i wanna know if you guys are working on it or not.tell us please

finaler  |  June 29th, 2014 at 10:24 pm

Yep, this feature would be great. As for a possible limit…I’d say only allow a name change 1-2 times a week. This would work great.

FACE-OF-J3R3MY  |  July 1st, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Please let this happen Sony. I will gladly pay $$$$! πŸ˜€

IINathan_DrakeII  |  July 1st, 2014 at 5:31 pm

Yes this needs to happen soon!! ill throw you my money Sony if thats what it takes!!

BigGator98  |  July 2nd, 2014 at 1:53 am

Playstation should listen to their fans for once and add this feature, I would love this

fahad1794  |  July 2nd, 2014 at 11:12 am

i do not mind to pay 10$ or 20$ for i do this!

rizzydizzy  |  July 2nd, 2014 at 5:27 pm

I’ve paid the service fee over on the 360 to change my ID, and I’d do it on the PSN as well. Not sure why everyone is so concerned about getting it for free or about being confused when someone on their friends list changes their username.

Really though, it’s a little ludicrous that with as many times and as people have asked for ID changes that Sony hasn’t just gone for it yet.

ComicAvenger1962  |  July 7th, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Although I don’t face the problem to change my name I voted for others who may be facing this problem.

Diesel-Deez  |  July 7th, 2014 at 9:40 pm

+1 for name change and limits. However, keeping a log is stupid. We want to change it for a reason and that reason is not to follow us around. Assign us a number and let us use whatever display name we want.

BBurgSteve  |  July 8th, 2014 at 7:52 am

I’ve posted this as an idea on the share blog, but apparently the share blog is no longer being updated at all.

If it is impossible for Sony to implement a PSN ID change system, how about a system where your “PSN ID” becomes your “Account Number” (which I think it already is, and is why you can’t change it: you can only ‘retrieve’ a lost account with your PSN ID, Birthdate and Security Question Answer), how about a system where you have your PSN ID to permanently attach your purchases and trophies and such to, and then you have a DISPLAY name that you can change up to once or twice a year that shows up in game lobbies and leaderboards and such?

Would something like this be a viable option for you guys? Seems like it would work if implemented correctly.

ch2423  |  July 8th, 2014 at 5:49 pm

Very surprised that Sony doesn’t offer this option while Microsoft has had it for a few years now. Not a big fan of my name anymore so I make sure not to purchase anything from the PSN since it’ll be tied to a name I don’t like. If I could change it, I’d buy more stuff. Guess the Japanese just don’t like money or something?

FACE-OF-J3R3MY  |  July 9th, 2014 at 9:36 am

I wanted to add that it was recently reported that Destiny (a game that I am hugely excited for) only allows you to use your PSN ID as your character’s name. Sony, for all that is holy and decent in this world, I will PAY YOU to change let me change my PSN name. I needs to happen before Sept. 9!!! If crappy M$ can do it, you most certainly can. I mean look at my name, numbers instead of letters may have been cool 7+ years ago, but I’m an old man gamer now, I grew up a little bit. πŸ™

BobTheTenth  |  July 11th, 2014 at 7:36 am

Once a year free for plus users; 4.99 USD for non plus users. -Always having a one year + limit regardless of membership.

SurrToAnime  |  July 15th, 2014 at 11:29 am

Its sad to see so many people willing to pay 5-10$ for a name change that it should be free…i mean think about it,you people recommend sony to let you pay for a feature that it should already be there for free…oh god!If you really have money to waste go waste them in something more worthy

AtomicDumpling  |  July 17th, 2014 at 11:07 am

I would pay $50 to change my name hahaha…..cmon sony

Keep complaining about the PSN name change issue until they have no choice but to fix it, because i love the PS4 but i dont like my PSN name so its ruining my Playstation experience along with thousands if not millions of others experiences on the console.

i feel like playstation should have told people much more clearly that your PSN name will be permanent….. because things that are permanent can get people very upset!!!!! …Like a bad tatoo…. How did sony and the playstaion team not know this???

ShadowCrossXIV  |  July 17th, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Um, name changing being free is something that’s bad for so many reasons. Please don’t say things like that without thinking of the reprocussions…

It should be $10. Just like XBL. Because that’s their competitor.

akaJoeTea  |  July 18th, 2014 at 7:46 am

I would pay 50 worthless U.S. dollars for the ability to change my PSN user name just once. Just for fun.

Seriously speaking, this premium feature is long overdue and very profitable for Sony.

Invaderzzim  |  July 20th, 2014 at 1:20 pm

AT LEAST implement a nickname feature like Steam! And no, not the real name feature, a username nickname feature.

raveragedave  |  July 22nd, 2014 at 7:53 am

I also need multiple accounts
I moved from Germany to the UK and I want to keep my German Acc with all my friends, trophies etc.
But I needed to register a new account because I could not register my UK credit card with my German account πŸ™
For my PS3 and PS4 that is not a problem but it is not working for my beloved PS Vita.
In the second that this would work I would load over 20 Games I collected over the last 2 years with my PS Plus subscription <3 πŸ˜€

twinspectre  |  July 22nd, 2014 at 6:01 pm

now i’m gonna writing i caps look it doesn’t mean i’m screaming πŸ˜‰

WOOOOOOOOW WHAT A PATHETIC REQUEST PAYING ONLY FOR CHANGE MY NAME WOOOOOOW

I WOULD MAKE IT MORE SIMPLE AND FREE

EXAMPLE

PLAYSTATION SHOULD ALLOW US TO REGISTER A PSNID WHICH IS THE NAME THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY REGISTER IN OTHER WORDS THE NAME THAT CAN’T BE CHANGED

AND THEN A GAMENAME ID (NICKNAME) WITH THIS ONE YOU CAN CHANGE IT WHENEVER YOU WANT IT AND IT’S FOR FREE

IF YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND KEEP IN MIND STEAM

YOU HAVE THE STEAM ID WHICH IT CAN’T BE CHANGED

AND THEN YOU HAVE THE NICKNAME (GAMENAME ID) WHICH YOU CAN CHANGED IT WHENEVER YOU WANT IT.

SIMPLE NO?

NOW I’VE SEEN ENOUGH OF STUPIDITY PAYING FOR CHANGE MY NAME BLAH

bobigol  |  July 23rd, 2014 at 1:00 pm

I have wanted to be able to do this for so long now. The name I use everybody always asks how do you pronounce your name & its annoying.

Digitate  |  July 24th, 2014 at 2:54 am

If a bunch of your friends changed their PSN names and didn’t tell you about it they probably aren’t really your friends. I’m shocked that I had to login and actually explain that.

DF_Gamer01  |  July 27th, 2014 at 5:09 pm

I can’t believe that Sony hasn’t implemented this into PSN already. I want to change my username because I rushed making it. I don’t think it’s bad, I just think it’s boring and I want something more original, more unique! Sony, you should add this into PSN asap! Many people are getting very annoyed and you finally need to give us the freedom to change our ID’s! XBox LIVE, Steam etc. etc. have no problem with users changing their usernames, so, you shouldn’t either.

AuroraBluesMoon  |  August 2nd, 2014 at 12:06 pm

The only reason I say no to this is because it would confuse everyone around you. Such as your freinds you would join a lobby but nobody would know who you are unless you had a mic. If your like me I delete my freinds all the time and if I don’t know that you changed your name I will delete you.

RCU005  |  August 7th, 2014 at 3:26 am

I bet my PS4 that nobody at Sony reads these ideas, much less implement them. I am sure they will never add 99.9% of these ideas.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 13