Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU

PS4 notifications for friends sign-on/offs

Idea 73240 | Posted in by | May 20, 2014

The PS4 needs to have what the PS3 had with the notifications of people signing on and off. At least add it as an option for those who do not want this.

37 Comments Add your own

MrBeatdown  |  May 21st, 2014 at 1:53 am

PS4 definitely needs this. I’d go one step further and say that with the friend limit being as high as it is, you should be able to specify whether or not you want to see notifications on a user by user basis.

allangba707  |  May 21st, 2014 at 2:36 am

Definitely needed, just like you have the option to activate or deactivate the notification when a friend join a party chat.

xLew--  |  May 21st, 2014 at 3:27 am

voted +1 for this it needs to be done! why wasnt this here in the first place is beyond me???

zezima007  |  May 21st, 2014 at 4:46 am

this was so annoying on ps3, especially if you have a lot of people in your friend list.

IF they add this,
the option to add a couple of friend a in a “FAVORITES” list or something and only recieve the notifications from them would be fantastic!

Gavman42  |  May 21st, 2014 at 8:53 am

It needs to be added, they also need to add a way to turn it off for people who don’t want it.

sibbor  |  May 21st, 2014 at 6:04 pm

Sony needs to implement Friend Groups before they implement this. That way they could enable us to get online status notifications for only certain friends and or groups of friends.

Hogwild333  |  May 21st, 2014 at 8:17 pm

If we get this feature, it needs to come with the ability to group which players you want to be notified about. I would only want to see notifications for about 5 people on my 100+ friends list.

impidoo  |  May 25th, 2014 at 10:21 pm

I think this is a must, and i do not understand why it didn’t come at launch.

I never know when my friends have come online, and have to keep checking back to my friend list (which for some reason takes a long time to load…) to see if they have come on line.

It should be a feature that can be disabled, and you can pick certain friends that you want notifications for.

Insomnia999  |  June 11th, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Yes, but allow it to be turned off.

inPHAMEus  |  June 15th, 2014 at 9:12 am

Yes, have a category for “receive notifications for these friends” and have this as an option under the friends name to add to this group

infernowolf36  |  June 15th, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Yes, and I’m with InPHAMEus. I’d want just a check box of friends for these kinds of notifications

Aggort  |  June 15th, 2014 at 12:42 pm

It may seem dumb, but my jump from Xbox 360 to PS4 was sullied by not having this feature. It’s a real annoyance.

Wrath_of_Kazama  |  June 15th, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Would be great to have a “priority list” so you can choose who you want to be notified by when they come online too.

XENclam  |  June 15th, 2014 at 3:22 pm

I agree with having a “Priority List” as well. The user should also be aloud to disable this feature.

TRAVISHENDERSON5  |  June 15th, 2014 at 3:41 pm

This need to be in the next PS4 update or I will rage!!

morhinapg  |  June 15th, 2014 at 9:10 pm

At least for friends that you know the real names of.

TheCoconut1104  |  June 15th, 2014 at 9:10 pm

I am a user who made the jump from Xbox 360 to PS4, and I must say, it was very annoying to see who was signing in or out during a cutscene of a game or a netflix movie. On that note, I do think that this is a necessary feature in a new generation console. I agree that you should be able to turn the feature on/off 100%. It shocks me to think I hadn’t thought of that before. A “Priotity List” is also a fascinating idea, as there will likely be people who don’t necessarily want to know everyone that logs on or off all the time.

DeathKlutch97  |  June 16th, 2014 at 12:12 am

they need this and to be able to delete notifications. And pause downloads like from ps3.

MR-LoverMan-1982  |  June 20th, 2014 at 10:31 pm

I wont it to xbox one has it why does PlayStation 4 dont have it it powerful .

Reptile-2k  |  June 23rd, 2014 at 11:39 am

Please make it optional, let the users choose.
And/or add an favorites option.

OrbitalShark  |  June 30th, 2014 at 5:42 am

No. This would be a nightmare if you have anything over 200 regularly active friends.

OrbitalShark  |  June 30th, 2014 at 5:44 am

Or how about the PS4 showing who has logged in/out but only for the game you’re currently playing…

SMACK-A-BRO  |  July 9th, 2014 at 6:41 pm

This features need to be added.

MrKillerGilla  |  July 24th, 2014 at 5:38 am

I think you should be able to select as many friends as you want to show a notification when they come online. because some people have hundreds of friends and it would be kind of annoying

SMITHLER1991  |  July 26th, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Yeah let us have this with our favorites freinds that will only specifically let us choose which friends we want to appear online

rome_12_420  |  July 29th, 2014 at 2:03 pm

PLEASEEEEEEE playstation add this!! This should’ve been an automatic idea after creating parties. This is basic lets get this added!

Doomhammer-7  |  July 31st, 2014 at 3:17 pm

yes this would be a useful feature but it would also need to allow you to mark which friends you want to be notified when they get on or off. Since with the friend limit at 2000 there’s too many people to care about all of them. So being able to mark your close friends is beneficial.

Hash-Ninja  |  August 2nd, 2014 at 10:15 pm

We need to have notifications for when friends log online. I know that the Xbox One has a setting where you can enable notifications for when specific friends you have selected come online… so that would eliminate things getting annoying if you had a lot of friends on your list. Seems like this would be implemented right away but instead we get notifications for when our friends join parties, why have an option like that but no option to inform us when friends come online?

Michelasso  |  August 4th, 2014 at 6:51 pm

It would be nice if this will also work on PS3 when a friend log in the PS4. Right now it is a total mess.

Emerald_Swords  |  August 6th, 2014 at 9:15 pm

It would be nice, but for people who do have 100+ friends, it could get quite annoying having the message popup every few seconds. Honestly, it’s not even an issue for me at this point.

THE_BEAUTY_SOUL  |  August 13th, 2014 at 8:12 pm

This ps4 is so quiet online friends are mute, the music sound too.

Froweey  |  September 7th, 2014 at 12:26 am

This feature needs to be added. Along with the ability to get notifications when your friends play a game/app, install a game, etc.

xDomino3x  |  October 8th, 2014 at 2:03 pm

It’s already October 8, 2014, the PS4 was released in November 2013 and this feature still hasn’t been put in the Ps4. Putting aside the fact that the friend’s notification should have already been in there at launch, you guys decided to put a notification that lets people know if they joined a party. Nobody asked for a party notification, we asked for a notification that lets you know if your friend is online. Obviously there could be a option to turn off the friend’s notification for the people who don’t want it. I’m not even asking to put a friends group list for right now, all I’m asking for is one of the features the PS3 had.

EpicJames93  |  October 28th, 2014 at 4:27 am

2.0 out today, still not included this idea :(

It’s so simple. Why has no one added this yet? Notifications when they join party, but not when they come online? Really Sony?