Join Now   Login Select a Language: English   Visit Playstation.Blog.EU

PS4 notifications for friends sign-on/offs

Idea 73240 | Posted in by | May 20, 2014

The PS4 needs to have what the PS3 had with the notifications of people signing on and off. At least add it as an option for those who do not want this.

26 Comments Add your own

MrBeatdown  |  May 21st, 2014 at 1:53 am

PS4 definitely needs this. I’d go one step further and say that with the friend limit being as high as it is, you should be able to specify whether or not you want to see notifications on a user by user basis.

allangba707  |  May 21st, 2014 at 2:36 am

Definitely needed, just like you have the option to activate or deactivate the notification when a friend join a party chat.

xLew--  |  May 21st, 2014 at 3:27 am

voted +1 for this it needs to be done! why wasnt this here in the first place is beyond me???

zezima007  |  May 21st, 2014 at 4:46 am

this was so annoying on ps3, especially if you have a lot of people in your friend list.

IF they add this,
the option to add a couple of friend a in a “FAVORITES” list or something and only recieve the notifications from them would be fantastic!

Gavman42  |  May 21st, 2014 at 8:53 am

It needs to be added, they also need to add a way to turn it off for people who don’t want it.

sibbor  |  May 21st, 2014 at 6:04 pm

Sony needs to implement Friend Groups before they implement this. That way they could enable us to get online status notifications for only certain friends and or groups of friends.

Hogwild333  |  May 21st, 2014 at 8:17 pm

If we get this feature, it needs to come with the ability to group which players you want to be notified about. I would only want to see notifications for about 5 people on my 100+ friends list.

impidoo  |  May 25th, 2014 at 10:21 pm

I think this is a must, and i do not understand why it didn’t come at launch.

I never know when my friends have come online, and have to keep checking back to my friend list (which for some reason takes a long time to load…) to see if they have come on line.

It should be a feature that can be disabled, and you can pick certain friends that you want notifications for.

Insomnia999  |  June 11th, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Yes, but allow it to be turned off.

inPHAMEus  |  June 15th, 2014 at 9:12 am

Yes, have a category for “receive notifications for these friends” and have this as an option under the friends name to add to this group

infernowolf36  |  June 15th, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Yes, and I’m with InPHAMEus. I’d want just a check box of friends for these kinds of notifications

Aggort  |  June 15th, 2014 at 12:42 pm

It may seem dumb, but my jump from Xbox 360 to PS4 was sullied by not having this feature. It’s a real annoyance.

Wrath_of_Kazama  |  June 15th, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Would be great to have a “priority list” so you can choose who you want to be notified by when they come online too.

XENclam  |  June 15th, 2014 at 3:22 pm

I agree with having a “Priority List” as well. The user should also be aloud to disable this feature.

TRAVISHENDERSON5  |  June 15th, 2014 at 3:41 pm

This need to be in the next PS4 update or I will rage!!

morhinapg  |  June 15th, 2014 at 9:10 pm

At least for friends that you know the real names of.

TheCoconut1104  |  June 15th, 2014 at 9:10 pm

I am a user who made the jump from Xbox 360 to PS4, and I must say, it was very annoying to see who was signing in or out during a cutscene of a game or a netflix movie. On that note, I do think that this is a necessary feature in a new generation console. I agree that you should be able to turn the feature on/off 100%. It shocks me to think I hadn’t thought of that before. A “Priotity List” is also a fascinating idea, as there will likely be people who don’t necessarily want to know everyone that logs on or off all the time.

DeathKlutch97  |  June 16th, 2014 at 12:12 am

they need this and to be able to delete notifications. And pause downloads like from ps3.

MR-LoverMan-1982  |  June 20th, 2014 at 10:31 pm

I wont it to xbox one has it why does PlayStation 4 dont have it it powerful .

Reptile-2k  |  June 23rd, 2014 at 11:39 am

Please make it optional, let the users choose.
And/or add an favorites option.

OrbitalShark  |  June 30th, 2014 at 5:42 am

No. This would be a nightmare if you have anything over 200 regularly active friends.

OrbitalShark  |  June 30th, 2014 at 5:44 am

Or how about the PS4 showing who has logged in/out but only for the game you’re currently playing…

SMACK-A-BRO  |  July 9th, 2014 at 6:41 pm

This features need to be added.