Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU

Spotify app for PS4

Idea 73423 | Posted in , , , by | May 20, 2014

What I, and many other people would benefit from, is a spotify app which you can play while gaming etc.

PlayStation Music featuring Spotify is now available for PS4 and PS3 users.

18 Comments Add your own

poohty_t  |  May 20th, 2014 at 1:50 pm

i agree this is very needed. There really needs to be a way for us to play our OWN music while playing from our ps4. i think the spotify app would be perfect for this, you can listen to songs u dont have on file, plus u can load all the music from your comp to it , make playlists, etc. this REALLY NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

erratic_calm  |  May 20th, 2014 at 4:23 pm

I’d like to see Rdio since I subscribe to that instead.

zezima007  |  May 21st, 2014 at 4:35 am

I don’t get wanting to listen to music WHILE playing a game, don’t you get only 50% of the experience if you play without sound? and what about using you PC if you really want to listen to music while playing?

illutionz  |  May 21st, 2014 at 4:50 am

I would love to have Spotify app on PS4. If we can play our music while gaming, all the better. However, I won’t be disappointed if it can’t. I just want my PS4 to be the end all be all entertainment box at home. That way I can stop streaming my Spotify over to Apple TV via Airplay. I exclusively use Spotify since they first launched in the US and I haven’t looked back to downloading music anymore.

I understand this is up to Spotity as a company to make the app and they have been dragging their boots on making their app available on gaming consoles (there has been ideas floating on their suggestion website since PS3/360 era) but I think if Sony can come up to Spotify and show the demand on their next gen console for Spotify, it might make them realize it’s important!

Copabro  |  May 21st, 2014 at 11:08 am

Was going to propose the same idea, but it’s nice to see that other people want it too.

gold_og_roger  |  June 18th, 2014 at 2:01 pm

For certain games like Need for Speed Rivals, having your own soundtrack is sweet. I tried the Music Plus app and was sorely disappointed. The catalogue was not as expansive, and it was not reliable. I’m not sure if Sony would even let Spotify or Pandora make an app for their eco-system that is the PS4.

FrizzleKicks27  |  July 19th, 2014 at 7:32 pm

This is what I’ve wanted for so long. Hopefully Playstation won’t mind adding it though (because of their already existing Music Unlimited). I just really hope this is available, and soon!

gabe_b  |  September 22nd, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Sony, PLEASE make this happen. Spotify+ PS4 would create a beautiful experience. Sorry to break it to you but Music Unlimited is kinda trash and wont take off. Too many people use other Subscription services that are FAR more seamless and user friendly than yours. Spotify and SONY could make a deal and we could all be happy. PLEASE sony, please!

LoLtothetroll  |  December 6th, 2014 at 7:34 am

Please give us a Spotify App on our PS4 Sony!

phinnv8  |  December 31st, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Not sure how this could be voted down, this would be great to have. The PS4 is really lacking in apps right now. Pandora app would be great too!

KBG29  |  January 18th, 2015 at 6:29 am

I agree with this for the fact that Playstation historically has always been the most open console. However, PS4 already has the best music streaming service available in Music Unlimited, and it supports MP3. Give one of those options a try, and I think you will be more than satisfied.

KBG29  |  January 29th, 2015 at 3:54 am

Guess sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards.

Since this is going to happen, and with the information we have recieved so far, all I have to say is.

PLAYSTATION MUSIC on PLAYSTATION VITA

Support those supporting you before those who have already choose against you.

niwrA  |  February 3rd, 2015 at 1:56 pm

Hope the excellent shareable playlists on Spotify make it across!

MonsterMan2734  |  April 6th, 2015 at 7:15 pm

You can do that already. You can play while listening to Spotify or “PlayStation Music”.

KingKiller1012  |  February 6th, 2016 at 8:07 pm

Anybody wish there ps4 have 5g Internet it should have it I’m only getting 23 megabytes and I just upgraded my internet 50 mag it would be nice to use what you are paying for it on your internet hopefully could do this for me would be awesome