Join Now   Login Select a Language: English   Visit Playstation.Blog.EU

Multiple accounts on PS Vita

Idea 73719 | Posted in , by | May 22, 2014

I’d really like to have multiple accounts on the Vita like it is on PS3/PS4 with the ability to share the content between my family members.

32 Comments Add your own

Djmax4599  |  May 22nd, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Please do this. I own a PS3 which I have my PS1 classics on it and I can’t play on my Vita due to the account limitation.

QueenB82  |  May 22nd, 2014 at 6:05 pm

A big ‘HELL YEAH’ to this and not even for just content sharing between families but also giving us the ability to access other region’s PSN accounts (JPN, EU, etc.).

FiranfordB  |  May 22nd, 2014 at 6:45 pm

Lets make this happen. I would enjoy my Vita much more with this feature. Only think better than this would be memory card price drop.

BubbaLooikn  |  May 23rd, 2014 at 2:45 am

I have two psn accounts and the one on me my vita does not have ps plus, so plz do this so I can have the games I paid for.

BigInJapan_  |  May 23rd, 2014 at 8:31 am

I would buy a vita if this was possible. Its the only reason im holding off on buying one.

zalwelgoedgaan  |  May 23rd, 2014 at 9:06 am

Please, this needs to happen. Here in Europe we barely have PS1 games, the US gets the most. The difference in content between stores has always been a disadvantage in Europe; we had to beg for many years to get Symphony of the Night, long after it was out in the US.

This is a personal thing, but thanks to some country setting glitch (could never buy PS+), I lost access to my old account for a long time, and that one has all my PSP games. By the time I got my account back I already started this account with PS+ and a lot of Vita games. I wish I could play my PSP games on my Vita, I don’t want to repurchase all of them. :/

Sorry for the long story.

XanderSan  |  May 24th, 2014 at 10:19 am

It’s the standard for the PS3 and PS4. I don’t know why the PSVita design needs to be different.

KKAtan  |  May 25th, 2014 at 10:22 am

Please give us this feature! The Vita deserves it as much as the PS3.

Tenmyouji  |  May 25th, 2014 at 11:14 am

I would love this feature.

TheDarkyos  |  May 25th, 2014 at 11:46 am

We seriously need this, Sony.

Error062479  |  May 28th, 2014 at 11:48 pm

Another customer who desperately wants this here. Those of us with a main PS+ account that shares the content across the accounts on the PS3/PS4 don’t get to use our PS Vitas like we do our other consoles.

Please introduce this and let us use the Vita like we do our PS3/PS4 systems!

heedthevil  |  June 2nd, 2014 at 2:48 pm

If I had known the Vita did not support profiles like PS3/4, I would not have bought one, ever. I’d actually return mine if the OLED version hadn’t been discontinued.

I’m not buying another memory card, another PS+ sub, and re-buying digital games so another account can play them on my Vita.

Your games don’t go dirt cheap like Steam and even they have family sharing now. Please get this figured out. Vita is a great piece of hardware, and this is a serious disappointment.

kelvin_kw  |  June 16th, 2014 at 4:27 am

I think most of the Playstation user will have multiple PSN account, each one for different country, it will be so great if we allow to get different region game/dlc and the same memory card without have to format the whole Vita.

I dont think most Vita owner would mind getting a bigger card if this feature require a bigger card to do this (maybe require 32Gb or up)

Andrefpvs  |  June 18th, 2014 at 11:28 am

Sony, please implement this. It’s effectively locking me out of content I’ve purchased, and that leaves me feeling very frustrated. Please don’t lock us out of content. It’s not like PS Vita has a wealth of software right now. Removing these restrictions would help.

Also, here’s something for you to consider regarding PlayStation TV, since it uses PS Vita’s system software:

PS4 supports multiple accounts, but PS Vita (and by extension, PS TV) doesn’t. Since PS TV is being advertised as a Remote Play machine, I think sooner or later people will realize that resetting your PS TV and formatting your memory card every time you want to remote play from a different account is quite far from ideal.

PS3 and PS4 supported playing games from different activated accounts. PS Vita and PS TV not doing the same is/will be a disappointment and a frustration to anyone who plays on an account that is not the account they purchase games on (this is even bigger of a problem to anyone who created a new account — because YOUR online infrastructure does not allow for username changes — and plays the games they purchased on the previous account).

I hope you can do the right thing, and I thank you in advance.

vinte-come  |  June 22nd, 2014 at 5:19 pm

If the vita have multiple account will make the system sell a lot more

JinZer069  |  June 22nd, 2014 at 6:17 pm

Make it happen Sony.

Multiple accounts for PS Vita = more $$$$$ Sony

gpo84  |  June 23rd, 2014 at 7:01 am

I enjoy playing japanese psp games, but cannot find a reasonable way to play them on my vita, except buying a spare one, which is ridiculous…

Mikkuru  |  June 23rd, 2014 at 8:14 am

This is the only reason keeping me from buying Vita. Please allow this like on PS3 and 4!

nickz_777  |  June 25th, 2014 at 8:29 pm

Please make this happen, Sony.

rimolaus  |  June 27th, 2014 at 1:03 pm

This would be awesome. But since Sony is given no importance to their handheld, I can’t see that happen. Shame. I bought my Vita recently and all I hear and read is: PS Vita #fail.

CoolCrushKilla  |  July 14th, 2014 at 12:46 pm

This would be great for my kids. This way they can play my games and not kill me or delete anything.

LordDust  |  July 14th, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Im surprised this isn’t already a feature

Y_E_V_O_N  |  July 20th, 2014 at 1:27 pm

This is very ridicolous, I can’t acces content I have bought! I’m thinking selling the system because of this…

raveragedave  |  July 22nd, 2014 at 7:45 am

I also need multiple accounts
I moved from Germany to the UK and I want to keep my German Acc with all my friends, trophies etc.
But I needed to register a new account because I could not register my UK credit card with my German account :(
For my PS3 and PS4 that is not a problem but it is not working for my beloved PS Vita.
In the second that this would work I would load over 20 Games I collected over the last 2 years with my PS Plus subscription <3 :D

meppi64  |  July 23rd, 2014 at 4:28 am

Would love to see this happen. Even though I have several Vita’s to play import only digital games, I would love to be able to play them on my main account so that the trophies register as process on there. :)

It would certainly get me to buy more import only games since the hassle would be reduced.