Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU

Revamp PS Vita UI to match PS4

Idea 73656 | Posted in , by | May 22, 2014

Revamp the Vita UI to match that of the PS4 to unify the platform and get rid of the android-esque look and feel of the current UI.

20 Comments Add your own

EnzerPyro  |  May 25th, 2014 at 9:27 am

I like that idea I also have the feeling that the UI may be a bit roundish and slow.

bap10  |  May 25th, 2014 at 4:20 pm

I love my Vita but the UI is such a pain, would love to see it match the PS4.

oversevethousand  |  June 3rd, 2014 at 1:31 pm

As someone who greatly enjoys the Vita’s UI, I really don’t like the idea of moving to something more list based like the PS3 or what the PS4 has. I do think giving players the option for alternatives wouldn’t hurt, but I think in many ways, the it’s one of the most convenient UIs Sony has have produced.

Instead, I think perhaps they should make certain apps have an option to auto-launch with the system on the side (as many have found it off putting that the friends list isn’t right there like on the PS3), or have them be always open. Instead of having friends list and message apps, for example, just be able to always swipe to the side to look at those things.

Pasnizzy  |  July 11th, 2014 at 4:56 am

I love my Vita to the core but that UI irritates me!

illtornworld  |  July 11th, 2014 at 10:09 pm

I love the Vitas UI its friendly and fully customizable, unlike PS4s where you just left or right, but yeah Sony could do a dynamic UI for Vita, and give us a choice between new, or standard

loadstone007s  |  August 20th, 2014 at 2:53 am

The bubbles are old and childish.
Please give us a new and modern UI for Vita!

Rednex141  |  January 2nd, 2015 at 8:40 pm

They don’t have to force it uppon every vita user, just include it as an option. that would be enough.

Portalfan14  |  January 11th, 2015 at 5:05 pm

Yes! Do this! The PS4 UI looks really good, the Vita Bubbles however are one of the ugliest UIs I’ve ever seen.

demonJAKAL  |  January 16th, 2015 at 5:04 am

The same for PSTV its awkward to use with a controller, especially the keyboard!

Reckless-Man  |  January 26th, 2015 at 12:30 pm

Bubbles are pretty ugly. Would very much like a re-vamp.

XrosBlader821  |  January 26th, 2015 at 4:12 pm

Absolutely yes. The current UI feels more childish than what a premium product should feel like.

Linacati  |  January 26th, 2015 at 7:13 pm

I say that this would be amazing as long as — and ONLY as long as — people are capable of choosing which kind of UI they want to use. Personally, I don’t mind the current UI too much, but if there were to be a better functional option I would definitely give it a go.

Tlink98  |  January 26th, 2015 at 8:21 pm

The UI is ugly, but it works. However, so does the PS4’s. Hope Sony unifies the UIs!

Sprxify  |  January 27th, 2015 at 12:56 am

This is a good idea. Don’t leave out the current UI fans though, give us the option to pick either.

AlexCallender  |  January 27th, 2015 at 1:34 am

the XMB won award(s?) for a reason. bring it back please. XMB with customizable folders for vita and ps4 would be incredible

bigwillie450  |  January 27th, 2015 at 2:17 am

The PS Vita UI isn’t good. But the PS4 UI is WORSE. No real control over what apps/games/etc are on the ‘front page’, and you can’t delete useless items (TV/Playroom/etc) or EVEN HIDE THEM IN FOLDERS! You cannot boot straight to the “Library->Games” area, even though “PS4 is about games not media.” And when you own the disc, if you select the game, IT ASK YOU TO BUY IT EVERY TIME! WHYYYYYYY?

XMB is the best UI Sony has ever come out with, but I hope it’s not the best they’ll ever create.

cowmamba  |  January 27th, 2015 at 4:00 am

Continuity between platforms would be preferable. The PSP and PS3 shared the same UI, it would be beneficial for the Vita to share some likeness with the PS4.

yandelgarcia_  |  February 8th, 2015 at 1:49 am

How about an option to add it or custom ui.

KBG29  |  May 13th, 2015 at 4:03 pm

I sort of like this idea, but in may ways the Vita OS is much better than that of the PS4. I think one unified OS is a pefect way to go for the future of PlayStation, but it would have to fall somewhere betwen the custimization of the Vita’s OS and the quickness and organization of the PS4.

Hopefully someone at Sony ahs seen this, and has been working to make this a reality.