Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU

Fix the Share button bug

Idea 74105 | Posted in , by | June 5, 2014

If you press the Share button, sometimes the save video clip option (Pushing square should save the video clip) doesn’t show up.

Please fix!

Update: This bug has been addressed.

12 Comments Add your own

ali-polo  |  June 15th, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Please give us an option to record continuous 15 Minutes segments of Gamplay, so with one double tap it keeps recording until we stop it manually.

falconbox  |  June 15th, 2014 at 4:41 pm

I think this was mainly an issue with the 1.7 update, but whatever the issue, I hope Sony knows about it and is working on it.

Before 1.7, it would work most times (except for Battlefield 4, which it would randomly record 15 minutes from several hours or days earlier). After 1.7, it seems the recording doesn’t start most times, or like he said, doesn’t give the option to press square to save.

Especially with Youtube support coming, fixing the Share button should be a top priority. It’s a great feature, and would love to show off moments to friends.

supremestarhawk  |  June 15th, 2014 at 11:23 pm

i’ve had problems with video capturing since launch day. To my surprise, 1.7.1 seemed to fixed this for me, but only temporarily. Now I have the same issue I was having before where the Square button prompt does not appear with I press the Share button.

SSjEnforcer  |  June 15th, 2014 at 11:39 pm

havent been able to save a single gameplay video for watchdogs yet.

i click share and it doesnt save any videos

PureKillForce  |  June 16th, 2014 at 6:04 am

Before 1.7 i had the issue where i’d be playing for, say, an hour, then rpess the Share butoon. The thumbnail would show my last 15 minutes with a correct screenshot, but when i played the video, it was from the first 15 minutes of the hour, not the last 15 minutes.

Now, it’s not giving me the option to save a video at all. I hope this gets fixed. Not been able to record several clips from Watch Dogs or Destiny Alpha i wanted to share!

JonJJon  |  June 16th, 2014 at 9:09 am

At launch I had the automatic always recording working, but since the last few updates it never records automatically. I always have to start it recording now which I rarely remember to do because it is supposed to start automatically on console boot up. Then even when you double tap to get it to start recording it stops and aves after the defined period of time. Basically the automatic share button functionality is still broken and desperately needs to be fixed. Hopefully Sony does sooner rather than later.

AscendedMasta  |  June 17th, 2014 at 2:31 pm

It’s broken…Has been for a while now. This bug needs to be acknowledged, investigated and fixed immediately. Essentially, my PS4 does NOT work as advertised or intended.

KermitDFrag  |  June 18th, 2014 at 2:34 pm

I’m also having the issue when I press the Share button the option to save a video isn’t there. I can save a screenshot, but not a video. This is very disappointing because this was one of my favorite features of the next-gen consoles. Having some sort of acknowledgment from Sony would go a long way with helping us be patient on this.

r2a1m6o  |  June 30th, 2014 at 9:20 am

Was hoping to use this option to convince my friends to get a PS4 instead of an Xbox One. It hasn’t work yet for me(BF4). Considering this is one of the top advertised features, it needs to work flawlessly.

Linzoid  |  July 6th, 2014 at 2:50 am

Sony need to update the share button so that when you double press the share button it SAVES, the last 15 minutes of gameplay then automatically starts a new recording.

I hate having to go into the share menu and pressing square to save a recording, it disrupts gameplay too much, especially during online gaming.

holodoctor1  |  July 6th, 2014 at 3:53 pm

This definitely needs to be fixed. I tried to save a clip from watchdogs but the “square” button never shows up unless you prime it by pushing the share button when you are starting to play the game. Very annoying bug.

Pedal_Bike_Pete  |  July 27th, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Yeah! Such an annoying bug, been an issue since launch. Doesn’t happen with all games, but when something happens you want to save, only to find out your playstation hasn’t been doing what it was supposed to for the last 15 minutes, gets on my nerves.