Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU

64GB PS Vita Memory Card in North America

Idea 74441 | Posted in , , by | June 20, 2014

I would like to purchase a 64GB Vita memory card in North America, without having to import it. It would also be nice if there was a price drop on all Vita Memory Cards.

10 Comments Add your own

Teflon02  |  June 22nd, 2014 at 11:04 pm

I agree 100%
I did just import mine though, came in 2 days, no tax, no customs no nothing, not even shipping fees. Was exactly $124. Yeah it’s alot for a Memory Card for Vita, but seeing 32 is $80 and I bought it at $100 it isn’t so bad. They need to drop Vita memory card prices though. It’s non-sense, not even like they are that fast either.

sirauron14  |  August 3rd, 2014 at 10:12 pm

The pricing has to make sense. Memory cards are too expensive as is, they need to match the price of current memory cards of the same capacity.

UNNkNOWN  |  August 13th, 2014 at 5:13 am

just buy it off of Amazon, just like Teflon02 I had mine in a few days, really this should say, “Drop the damn proprietary storage requirement for Vita” but they wouldn’t do that because too many ppl would just hack the device :/

AbeZdk  |  October 8th, 2014 at 1:52 pm

To UNNkNOWN: you know what’s sad about a console? It’s not too many people try to hack it, it is nobody even care to hack it.

itsJose  |  January 28th, 2015 at 4:43 pm

I just imported mine from Japan. Push a green console! Flash memory isn’t that expensive. Those PS+ games take up a lot of space.

wilfareus  |  February 11th, 2015 at 10:01 pm

I’m surprised the 64GB still hasn’t launched :/
I need a 128 or 256GB please

mrdeadhead  |  April 16th, 2015 at 1:37 am

i think it’s just worth saying that using proprietary storage media was just pretty sleazy in general. it definitely hampered the Vita’s success

KBG29  |  May 13th, 2015 at 3:56 pm

I agree, it would be nice to see these officially in the US. I imported one from Amazon, and it is already swapping out content on a weekly bases.

Like @wilfareus said, a 128 or 256GB would be even better. PS Vita has way to much content for the current 32GB cards in the US and easily fills a 64GB in no time. Large cards would be a very welcome investment in the platform.

cusman  |  June 2nd, 2016 at 11:30 am

I just imported the 64GB and then sold my old 32GB. I don’t think importing added any extra cost over the exuberant price of proprietary Vita memory card costs.

c0d3_h4x0r  |  June 9th, 2016 at 12:49 pm

Yes, proprietary memory cards are a sleazy money-grab tactic by Sony. Yes, the 64GB memory cards sold in Japan work just fine on the original PSVita and the new “slim” PSVita. Yes, it sucks that you have to import them from Japan. No, 64GB still isn’t large enough, especially if you’re a PlayStation Plus member who always snags all the free games each month, because you’ll easily fill it in less than a year. The main problem with memory cards is that they’re too small to label, so if you want to find a particular game, you have to keep swapping memory cards in and out until you finally find the one containing the game you want. Sony could help mitigate this issue by uploading into your PSN account the complete list of PSVita games you have installed and on which memory cards, such that you could easily look up which card a given game is on without having to actually swap out and manually search on each card. Then I could just label my cards with unique numbers, attach the same label to each card in the data I’m proposing be added to my PSN account, and mostly eliminate the annoyance.