Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU

Remote Play For PS4 Splitscreen

Idea 74475 | Posted in , , by | July 23, 2014

When playing co-op on PS4 then PS Vita could be used as a display for a second player instead of both players playing split-screen on one TV.

8 Comments Add your own

Kwiila  |  July 26th, 2014 at 11:46 pm

I’d be curious to know if this could work. I think it would probably be on a game-by-game basis. Like that one game that uses 3D to show 2 different screens for two different games. Someone else mentioned making it so You could have two televisions for multiplayer. But it was argued that for games that push the hardware, it would require twice as much resources. I’d like to know if this would be the same, or if some of the vita resources could be used.

For some of the simpler games, I can’t imagine why it wouldn’t work.

icehouse510  |  September 1st, 2014 at 11:54 pm

just make the ps vita sync like a remote for the nintendo wii u!!!

SsJ_Naruto-Vash  |  September 10th, 2014 at 8:59 am

+Kwiila I figure it would be like PS4 Share Play, but outputting to a friend with 566p, not 720p.

+icehouse510 I think the idea was to have different content on each screen. Imagine Little Big Planet Karting, but each with their own screen, instead of each with half a screen (and currently, the PSVita will show splitscreen, which makes it super-tiny)

Jorge-Nieve_Bat  |  December 10th, 2014 at 12:54 pm

I expected alot from the PS T.V. when it was released.

bertraar2  |  February 12th, 2015 at 12:45 pm

+Jorge-Nieve_Bat I know the feel man. I bought it expecting some very good stuff and I am still curious as to why they ended releasing it World Wide. It’s been sitting in my dresser for so long and I don’t even question not using it anymore 😛

Maroc_Warriors  |  February 13th, 2016 at 8:54 pm

I like to play with a friend of mine on dual screens connected with a HDMI/Splitter.
Is it possible to play a PS4 Shooting game online; on a merged split screen modus.
So that each individual has his own screen when my friend connect as a guest account in Campaign.
>One PS4 Hooked up on 2 Monitors with HDMI/Switch.
>Two Accounts signed in on the same PS4 Console.
>Two differient views, merging one half of the splitscreen to another monitor as a full display.
>So i can focus on my own gameplay without being distracted from the splitscreen.
Just a random Idea?

Maroc_Warriors  |  February 13th, 2016 at 9:05 pm

So you can use instead of the ps vita a second monitor display.
Another curious question is: Can the Gpu Handle that???
you extend or emerge one splitscreen ass a full dissplay on another screen.
So each player can focus on their own gameplay.

Not on Campaign sorry, i made a mistake, I mean in Multiplayer playing online.