Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU

DualShock support for PC

Idea 75998 | Posted in , , , by | September 26, 2014

I really think you guys should add official support for DualShock controllers even if only for your Sony brand computers.

10 Comments Add your own

olinkalex  |  October 15th, 2014 at 10:03 pm

There is a program called “DS4 to Xinput Mapper” it tricks your PC in thinking your DuelShock 4 controller is a 360 Controller. It works great and is completely free.

PerezBros  |  November 11th, 2014 at 5:46 pm

Its completely up to game developers not Sony. Yes programs like the oe olinkalex suggest do emulate xbox controller for ps4 but the command prompts in-game will still be for the xbox. The new Withcher Game will supports PS4 Gamepad on PC. THats good news. Support those guys setting trends.

Valegator  |  February 25th, 2015 at 8:58 am

Don’t even bother, they wont listen.
You can do the same thing I did and use SCP server.
It’s tool that maps DS4 inputs to match Xinput(Xbox360 controller).
You can use it via usb cable or bluetooth.
I use mine via bluetooth and it works fine no lag of any kind.
If you want friend me and I can help you get started.

DragonIrons  |  August 16th, 2015 at 1:02 pm

or you can download Xpadder I think it was…. I’d have to look on my portable drive with my install files. Buy any cheap PC GAMEPAD, and xpadder will make the pc (or game idk which) think it’s a Xbox controller which is what most pc games are compatible with sadly….. but it works fine once you get used to which button is which. I did that to play the GOTY pc edition of fallout 3.

tungdiil1391  |  February 19th, 2016 at 12:41 pm

i use ma dualshock 3 controllers on my linux laptop without any problems only thing i ue it with usb but there are wireless olutions in the repos

Pchinski  |  February 21st, 2017 at 7:31 am

There are games that natively recognize the Dualshock, there is ds4windows and input mapper for those that don’t, and also there is now official Steam support for it so you can play steam games, or launch games from steam and it will work as an xinput pad.

flutflut1  |  March 3rd, 2017 at 12:17 pm

as long as they don’t bring remote play to PCs. the vita is suffering enough as it is. pc remote play would drive even more people away from it. but it would be nice to use the controller to control my laptop.

the--agent--47  |  April 3rd, 2017 at 12:59 am

I had to use a third party software called ScpToolkit, it’s good, give it a try.