Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU

PS Now: Ability to fully purchase games

Idea 74702 | Posted in , , , by | May 24, 2015

My idea is that we should be able to fully purchase games on PS Now so that theyre available for endless streaming in addition to the original plan of renting the games for a set period of time.

85 Comments Add your own

Pages: 1 2

officer_moonbeam  |  March 25th, 2016 at 5:38 pm

Maybe we could just do away with streaming and just DOWNLOAD the game?

snoop-dog123456  |  April 16th, 2016 at 2:42 pm

ii hate the fact that we have to rent games and then you cant keep it.LIterally you wont have any time to get trophies

Snowgoons  |  April 24th, 2016 at 1:33 pm

@people claiming its too expensive to upkeep streaming games you purchase, Sony knows damn well they are making a fortune off forced ps4 ps+ for 90% of the online features.

Sony use this revenue to pay for the cost of letting us buy ps now games.

kcatriel  |  May 23rd, 2016 at 9:44 am

As I am not living on U.S. I have no access on PS Now rentals. So this is a great idea. Sony, please, support us

Richy-Rich386  |  May 25th, 2016 at 1:55 pm

I dont see what is hard about this as well as the changeing gamertag thing.

Motoko2030  |  June 19th, 2016 at 3:18 am

I would definitely use PS Now to play PS3 games like God of War Ascension if there was an option to fully purchase it.

Welmosca  |  July 14th, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Haha you’re basically telling Sony to stop earning money from PSNow so your idea is funny.But regardless it would be a fantastic thing if it happened…of course this is the best option for us custumers but not for Sony.

NemoMcGregor  |  July 16th, 2016 at 1:35 pm

That’s not true, not many people interesting in these feature. Most people are interesting in these feature are PS4 users, where they mostly used for playing last-gen games.
    Sony need to think outside of the box. Make PlayStation Now available to every platforms and OS as possible. Kinda like YouTube but for video games.

NemoMcGregor  |  July 16th, 2016 at 1:32 pm

This feature could work. They could make the game cheaper, like $49 for a fully new AAA title, like for example: God of War PS4.

Seriously, the PlayStation Now has great potential. The ability to not require a dedicated hardware in order to playing games. And it will be avaliable for all platforms. PC Windows/Linux/OSX, Sony/Samsung/LG/Sharp/Apple/Google Smart TVs or HDTV that have this supported.
They can also put it to iOS and Android. Sony could cash-cowing everyone! And everyone will be happy too since they no longer need to spent hundred of dollars in order to play video games or purchase sony exclusives.

Eagel123  |  July 26th, 2016 at 1:59 pm

Or just have backwards compatability like Xbox one. Sure they might not make money from everyone renting the games, but if you’re like me you won’t rent games, you’ll just play them on your ps3, and since people new to Playstation 4 won’t have the games, they’ll go out and but it, just look what happened with xbox. The fact that they haven’t done the backwards compatibility is also bad because people who want the current gen concole are more likely to choose xbox, because they’ll be able to play their old games on it too.

Davaonne  |  August 5th, 2016 at 2:31 am

please please can the goty original borderlands be made available for the ps4 or ps now … please

Davaonne  |  August 5th, 2016 at 2:33 am

can you make the directors cut version of deus ex human revolution available for purchase on ps4 or at least ps now with the realease of mankind divided

magicalpiano7  |  September 10th, 2016 at 1:40 pm

As a PC gamer this is huge. We have a trillion games at our disposal, steam games, gog origin games, uplay games, our attention won’t be diverted by a $20/mo service. We look for specific games and want to pay to have permanent access to specific titles.

SamfortalS  |  October 11th, 2016 at 10:04 am

I want all PS Now games on PS4. I don´t like streaming.

GetItOutOfMyButt  |  November 11th, 2016 at 5:13 am

i think its a good idea. when it storms where i live i cant stream the games because the internet lags, where i would have no problem just buying the game so i could play it with no interruptions!

linkplayer1464  |  November 25th, 2016 at 4:04 pm

As of now I haven’t bought any of the ps now subscription or games individually…but if you could permanently buy a game I would be all for that. They don’t need to have multiplayer but that would be nice, but I would definately buy some older ps3 games. Plus this would be able to work as backwards compatibility and would in my mind be even better than what xbox has.

Anewlight  |  November 28th, 2016 at 11:42 am

You people are still thinking. PlayStation now is only on playstation systems. It is now on PC,some smart TVs,ps4,ps3,PS vita. Soon,it will be on smartphone. If Sony did an extra option to PlayStation 4,you would have to do it for all devices. I love the unlimited streaming for twenty bucks a month. I just wish it included ps1 games.

fabe31-54  |  December 3rd, 2016 at 1:58 pm

Love that Idea. Also previous games you bought on PS store for ps3 should stream on PS now

MechaBouncer  |  February 24th, 2017 at 10:35 am

It looks like Sony is backing down from PS Now everywhere to only PS4 and PC. This is a real shame because it did have potential to bring PS games everywhere.

The reason I don’t use it is because I have little to no incentive to use it right now. It doesn’t take into account any games that I already own. It doesn’t take PS+ into account. It doesn’t feature PS1 or PS2 games. It also no longer allows me any more mobility other than I could potentially play it on my laptop. I’m better off just using my PS3 and playing the games I have on it or buying new ones for it instead. So the service is really only of benefit to those who do not already own one.

Being able to purchase games or allow me to play games that I have already purchased or have through PS+ would help. Allowing a discount with my PS+ subscription would help. Keeping support on Vita and extending it to Xperia phones would help.

MechaBouncer  |  February 28th, 2017 at 12:04 pm

On the heels of Sony reducing the platforms that PS Now is on, Microsoft has announced their Xbox Game Pass. For $9.99 a month it will offer unlimited access to 100 games to start with full downloads of the games (no streaming) and feature the ability to buy games outright for a discount. So it will be cheaper, offer full purchases, and not suffer much from the same kind of bandwidth issues that streaming does. The only thing PS Now has as an advantage is that it’s also on PC in addition to PS4, but that’s not much consolation after dropping it on all the other platforms. It’s time to step up your game, Sony.

Pages: 1 2