Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU

Allow PS Plus members to buy free Plus games

Idea 78898 | Posted in , by | May 25, 2015

Find a way to allow customers to buy PS+ games downloaded for free without having to wait for their subscription to expire.

6 Comments Add your own

MisterJumpMan  |  June 9th, 2015 at 1:43 pm

Yes definitely! I want to indefinitely own (and support) the games I really like. Resogun and Velocity 2X come to mind here. Super Meat Boy is something I’m really looking forward to, and I’d really like to be able to purchase it.

Perhaps an improvement to this idea would be to offer them at a discount for PS+ members who already own them.

IceColdKilla44  |  September 2nd, 2015 at 9:41 am

YES! This really should at least be an option. Some games I’d prefer to own forever instead of having them as an extended rental. Twisted Metal PS3 is free this month but I’ll probably not buy it so that I’ll have the chance of purchasing it later on. Right now the only way to do this on PSN is if there’s an ultimate bundle w/ the base game + DLC.

I get why Sony wouldn’t want this to be done before, since ppl would have no incentive to stay subscribed. But now that PS4 needs PS Plus for online MP, we should have this option. More money for you Sony.

ligadoplay3  |  November 4th, 2015 at 9:25 pm

Could be a donate button for Indy game developers!

Nakatsu_Hime  |  November 14th, 2015 at 7:11 am

The free games are an inducement for you to be a PS Plus member. Allowing us to ‘purchase’ them is not the intention.

@MisterJumpMan has an idea that would be more servicable – in my mind – to Sony. It would still be a carrot for you to continue the subscription, rather than raid and run.

Ehxe  |  March 1st, 2016 at 4:42 pm

I understand the flood of help desk requests coming from people screaming about accidentally purchasing a game they already got for free from PS+. It’s better from a business standpoint to leave the option out.

Nakatsu_Hime  |  June 24th, 2016 at 6:16 am

Double-edged sword for Sony here. Yes it seems a good idea, but Sony would probably prefer users keep the PS Plus subscriptions going, rather than that money go to the publishers.