Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU

Invert X and Y system setting

Idea 78488 | Posted in , by | May 25, 2015

Some developers don’t include invert X-axis options in their games. It’d be great to add axis inversion (Both X and Y) to the button mapping feature.

7 Comments Add your own

UNNkNOWN  |  June 25th, 2015 at 12:38 pm

I hate inverted controls…but more options is always a plus, +1

xNeo_Angelox  |  June 25th, 2015 at 4:12 pm

I’m not sure why anyone on earth would want X-axis inversion, its just…..so damn difficult to use, and horrible. I’d rather slam my gentleman sausage in a car door than use inverted X-Axis.

With that said, i LOVE inverted Y-Axis and always play inverted. I suppose it wouldn’t do no harm in having the option there to add ridiculous difficulty to games (and so people who can actually use that layout have the ability too, coz ya know, we don’t mind including you insane folk too :P)

+1 for me 🙂

Nakatsu_Hime  |  July 26th, 2015 at 8:46 am

Perhaps this idea should be expanded to a better button-mapping function. That is, Control Preferences.
Games could then be asked to read any user preferences, and offer the relevent changes to their default control inputs.

MrBrightside1189  |  August 22nd, 2015 at 12:45 am

The Xbox 360 actually had this feature, and it was really useful for people like me who cannot play without Y-inversion.

flux131  |  September 1st, 2015 at 5:18 pm

I’d really like to see this.

I too can’t easily play games without Y-inversion, and when you buy a game only to find out the developer didn’t bother to add the option to their game it’s really annoying.

Nakatsu_Hime  |  April 4th, 2016 at 8:32 am

This would need total support from game publishers so their settings didn’t over-ride the system preferred setting. However, with this in mind, I say yes.

AeraLure  |  April 24th, 2016 at 9:49 am

I’d really like to see this. Years ago when inverting the Y axis for flight games I also inverted the X axis. It just made a lot of sense, particularly as many games (almost all) allow the inverting of both axes for camera controls. So of course, now whenever I go to use any game that uses X axis controls I invert them. No problem as most games make a common sense choice when allowing options to invert the Y axis they allow X axis invert too. But not EA and not SW Battlefront, hence I cannot play it.