Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU

Mono, wireless PS4 Bluetooth headset

Idea 78959 | Posted in , , by | May 25, 2015

PLEASE SONY! If you won’t allow any one-eared Bluetooth headsets to work w/my PS4 (which I would much rather prefer), @ THE VERY LEAST make one that I can buy! I HATE the wired & stereo headsets!

28 Comments Add your own

Pedal_Bike_Pete  |  July 10th, 2015 at 3:24 pm

Yes! For crying out loud, the amount of things the PS3 can do that the PS4 can’t do is utterly insane. I have a Bluetooth headset I love using but can’t on PS4 🙁

kidrifle99  |  July 28th, 2015 at 3:32 pm

same here i have a bluetooth but cant use it but i didnt know there was an idea of this already

boxofun1  |  July 29th, 2015 at 8:13 pm

I’m really shocked at the amount of downvotes and lack of upvotes for this. It was a REALLY great feature on ps3. The system comes with a mono headset that only does chat showing they understand the philosophy of what we want. Why cant we have that same thing wireless? I don’t need a stereo headset. I already have a good sound system. I just want a single Wireless speaker to hear my friends like i can with the one it comes with.

KILLER_420KUSH  |  August 7th, 2015 at 10:52 am

bump i talk to sony months ago aboute this they told me to look in blog for updates still waiting funny how this is not way at the top and only has 18+ sensor much sony ?

DragonIrons  |  August 16th, 2015 at 1:16 pm

I read somewhere recently that this can’t be done. PS3 uses Bluetooth 2.0, BT 3.0 (on the PS4) interferes with WiFi or something way tooo easily which is WHY they gave people like you the headphone jack IN THE CONTROLLER (which is also why Sony’s Pulse Elite and newer [but not better as there’s not jack in the dongle if you need it] headsets are wireless with a dongle and not BT).

Plug the mono headset that came with the PS4 (or your own) into that, go into the settings and make chat only go to the controller, and there you go…. it’s connected to your damn controller so it’s still wireless….if you wanna put the controller down and go get a drink or something just unplug it and let the cord dangle lol

jakev41  |  October 12th, 2015 at 11:58 pm

So why not release a Bluetooth 2.0 dongle? Then maybe use a separate app to sync and manage devices. If I’m willing to spend $100+ on a headset of my choosing I’m willing to spend an extra $10 or $20 to use it to it’s full wireless capabilities.

IceColdKilla44  |  September 2nd, 2015 at 9:49 am

I’d give this 20 upvotes if I could. The official PS3 Bluetooth headset (2.0) was one of the best accessories on PS3. Lightweight, comfortable, elegant, and completely wireless. Still use it a lot with my PS3, and it’s really disappointing that it doesn’t work with PS4.

Maybe it’s because PS4 only can handle 4 BT devices while PS3 can handle 7?

Kevin_Pv  |  September 21st, 2015 at 9:08 am

This is my #1 problem with PS4. I can’t believe they actually gave us that garbage wire headset. What an embarrassment. Please bring this back!!

gRiMchan  |  October 24th, 2015 at 5:50 am

Yea just bought a headset for my ps4. They are bt-2500 from isound which i cant even use because its not supported. Everytime i try to link it it says that “the passkey might not be correct, or your bluetooth device might have canceled the connection.” This is BS

mkrieg  |  November 16th, 2015 at 4:22 am

Hi all. I also can’t understand why this Idea has low attention/acceptance. Where are all the Online Gamers? I’m sure there are a LOT of people who whished to have a wireless mono Headset.
Or is there another Idea entry which does interfere with this? I couldn’t find any other Idea entry for supporting existing bluetooth headsets available on the market.
How can we make this demand more popular?

Olde-gold800  |  November 29th, 2015 at 11:51 am

Yeah this is complete bs buy are $400 product oh did we mention itty has the Bluetooth capability of a phone from 1999 thanks sony it sure would be nice if my Bluetooth sony Mic could sync to my sony ps4 but I guess that’s asking to much from a company that Is usually on top of gaming advances

BGroovee  |  January 4th, 2016 at 11:21 am

This is a must. Simple. Sony MDR-1RBT(mk2), Bluetooth headset with microphone, from Sony. It is recognized as a headset by the PS4, yet no corresponding profile. This should be so high on the list of priorities yet both Microsoft and Sony refuse to patch it in.

Manga--X  |  January 5th, 2016 at 11:25 am

I find it fairly bizarre that they nailed the Bluetooth features and compatibility on the Vita (as far as output audio and microphones go) — and then, totally screw it up on the PS4.

BLIND_-H3ADSH0T-  |  January 26th, 2016 at 11:20 pm

i bought turtle beach px4 wireless headset that cost me $149.99 and i cant even use it because the ps4 doesn’t support 3rd party headsets. THANKS SONY. its funny how more advanced the ps3 is than the ps4.

sdmf022  |  March 8th, 2016 at 11:51 pm

It was a real jerk move to remove such a simple feature, when Playstation 3 supported pretty much any wireless Bluetooth headset. Especially to people who bought the expensive official Sony wireless headsets. Yes you can still use those with a USB dongle on Playstation 4, but you shouldn’t be forced to use up one of the few USB ports because of this asinine restriction amongst many others on the new hardware.

dyimmy  |  March 26th, 2016 at 11:57 pm

They(Sony) never gave a clear answer as well. Just that it isn’t one of their main concerns “now”. I definitely have stopped playing online because the games I play require communication/teamwork to be more fun. Anyway, I will continue to upvote as many of these ideas as possible until they update the feature.

jsmity2007  |  April 7th, 2016 at 7:22 am

It is completely ridiculous that you cannot connect most if not all Bluetooth headsets especially ones that are one eared. I had no issue using it on PS3 but they will not work on the PS4. It is absurd that loyal PlayStation owners get screwed by the company.

CommandingTiger  |  April 11th, 2016 at 1:55 pm

Make blue – tooth headsets available for the PS4.
Don’t be like Xbox where they force people to buy new headsets rather than using the same technology.

dyimmy  |  May 17th, 2016 at 9:35 pm

Soo, this still isn’t a thing despite other less voted things being updated. One comment said that the BT 3.0 interferes with WiFi, but Sony hasn’t announced anything like that. So is that true or no? I actually do not have PSPlus because I can’t use my bluetooth headset to chat. (Games like Last of Us are much more fun when you coordinate with your teammates). And since Uncharted 4 came out, I’d like to play online with that too.

SorcerersFist  |  July 6th, 2016 at 7:29 pm

Is this a joke on playstation owners, its +3 years into PS4 console lifecycle and NO support for BLUETOOTH HEADSET? Thats a nice way to loot people another 100$ from purchacing ‘PS Headset’ during early days of hype for next-gen. And like many, I actually do not have PSPlus because I can’t use my bluetooth headset to chat(lost my mono headset, and 3.5mm jack dose not support most other headset mic’s)
Why aren’t more people voting at this, in fact why is it even an idea? PS4 dose supports upto 4 bluetooth devices at once, as dose the audio through those connected controllers. Completely ridiculous with PSVR, cant imagin wires dangling all over my head.

Xiaolinstyle  |  September 20th, 2016 at 1:35 pm

This NEEDS to happen. Should have happened a VERY long time ago.

IQLogic  |  December 9th, 2016 at 6:23 pm

Ooooh, com’on SONY … end of 2016 is knocking on our doors and there still is no support for BLUETOOTH headsets?

CazHead  |  January 5th, 2017 at 3:22 pm

This really needs to happy. I love my Sony golds, but I want a small ear piece so I don’t have a constant sweaty head! Why can’t they just make Bluetooth headsets compatible!

WachioCowNuts  |  January 31st, 2017 at 11:17 am

I cannot believe that my Bluetooth headset does not work on my Bluetooth capable PS4, I suppose it’s not really Bluetooth capable then

BUDLIGHTER  |  February 21st, 2017 at 5:23 am

i just want a mono bluetooth headset for chat. i need to hear things going on around me.

NYCsNitemare  |  March 15th, 2017 at 1:41 pm

It must be a money grabbing thing because this makes absolutely no sense. Dirty and petty business tactic. Shame on you Sony.