Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU

DualShock 4 Elite

Idea 83896 | Posted in , by | March 30, 2016

An updated DS4 with better battery and programmable bottom side toggles like pro controllers.

17 Comments Add your own

CressOfLight  |  March 31st, 2016 at 3:13 am

Yeah, also design the triggers be like how Microsoft does theirs for their Controllers, due with PS4 ones you can get bit of your finger stuck in a open slot as your pressing the triggers all the way down

KravenGod  |  March 31st, 2016 at 5:45 am

if sony did a redesign with higher quality parts, I would want the battery life improved and the sticks interchangeable. I use controlfreakz now since after long play, the dome of the sticks is slippery at times. Good idea guys

SsJ_Naruto-Vash  |  March 31st, 2016 at 10:09 am

So basically, you want an extra edge to program button combos and macros? Can’t you play the game as intended? Can’t you remember a button combination?

I kind of agree with your Battery Life argument, but I think 6 hours is plenty, and it’s not like the PS4 is very far to plug in the controller…

o-treebuilder-o  |  April 4th, 2016 at 8:29 am

If they sold a higher-end DS4 with rear paddles like the XBox Elite controller, with the same high build quality, the ability to replace thumbsticks, etc., I’d buy it in a second, even for $100+.

Ehxe  |  April 5th, 2016 at 8:32 am

Buy a second controller and swap them easily when the battery runs out. But honestly if you’ve played for six hours straight it’s time for a break anyway. Not telling you what to do, just stating medical fact for your health. Blood clots in your legs and all. I agree with SsJ_Naruto-Vash that the game developers don’t want you to have an auto-X button that presses it faster than humanly possible, or one button that can do a combo in a fighting game. It breaks the game and takes out the skill.

o-treebuilder-o  |  April 6th, 2016 at 9:15 am

He’s not talking about an “auto-X button”. He’s talking about just having buttons or paddles on the underside of the controller, that can be assigned to any of the other controller functions (X, O, square, triangle, L1, L2, R1, R2, etc.) just like the Xbox Elite controller.

KBG29  |  April 11th, 2016 at 3:45 pm

We just need a DS4 2.0 whether it be Elite or just the new standard. I think a built in mic is an absolute must, slightly more durable components, and a battery that can make it through a day without needing a recharge.

SnomannZ  |  April 19th, 2016 at 1:35 pm

I would probably buy one too, I had a Scuff and it’s terrible quality with horrible customer service.

Snowgoons  |  April 23rd, 2016 at 8:13 am

I downvoted this because Sony needs to focus on the standard controller before an “elite” controller. The standard controllers quality is cheaply made crap. Dont believe me? Google “DS4 R2 trigger”

Also this elite controller CANNOT have extra buttons and crap so people can bunny hop more easily in call of duty and battlefield type games.

All you see with xbox elite controllers are people abusing the advantage.

The_Big_Shadow  |  August 11th, 2016 at 5:18 pm

We need this but first we must get a wired controller. We can’t be competing with wireless controllers. Wireless interference has made professional event hosts use Cronuxmax in every PS4 in tournaments. There’s still input lag with the Cronux. I wonder if Sony is aware of this.

Xiaolinstyle  |  September 20th, 2016 at 1:37 pm

Why hasnt this happened already? Are the just refusing because MS already did one? MANY of my PSN friends have already declared they would buy one if offered, as would I. Sony is literally leaving profit on the table.

SamfortalS  |  October 11th, 2016 at 9:46 am

I think the Dualshock 4 Elite MUST be a New Vita handheld console with R3 / L3

manlikejonathan  |  January 14th, 2017 at 2:58 pm

I think that with the controllers, they should update the colours, adding more colours and allowing 8 players. Then games such as Fifa can then release updates that allow more players. The PS3 had 7 players, the PS4 should be an improvement. This is possible because unlike the PS3, which used numbers, the PS4 controller uses colours.

The colours that can be used are Red, Brown, Yellow, Green, Blue, White, Purple and Pink. This would be really useful for some of us who invite many friends over. I miss the 3v4 matches that we played on the PS3. So this would bring back those memories and have more fun, which is what Sony want us to do.

KazeEternal  |  January 16th, 2017 at 6:36 pm

For me this doesn’t have to be an all out copy of microsofts product.

Could even be a full on replacement for the current DS4. I would like an extra set of inner grip buttons like on the STEAM controller for use in my games. Completely assignable. R4/R5 and L4/L5 if need be. Something that allows thumbs to stay on the sticks 99% of the time. Maybe even allow the face buttons to be used for additional audio commands in say overwatch and item selections or vice versa that satisfies that extra quick command need in 3D world game play. I’d like that to simply be the new standard on DS4 or DS5.

As for an elite, swapable analog stick parts. Customizable grips. Maybe a battery cartridge slot for quick swapping. In the end I just need better sticks for grip in FPS. I’ve taken my DS4’s apart and replaced the sticks myself using a 3D Printer. I can honestly say it has improved my game on Overwatch and other shooters.

I just need those inner track buttons. It’s time to make this an industry standard.

DukeBlackadder  |  February 5th, 2017 at 7:08 am

Name it DualShock 4 Pro, both wireless and wired, better battery, replaceable sticks, bottom side customizable buttons or toggles, wireless battery charging. Keep all features from the original DS4 as touchpad, speaker, accelerometers etc. All this with top Sony design and build quality. The current 3rd party options always lacks some features. For example a wired controller is great for tournaments but not good for home use and in reality most Pro controllers would be used at home.

MechaBouncer  |  March 1st, 2017 at 11:31 am

I’ll give this a vote as well. I want to see some new SKUs of DS4 controllers. In addition to a Pro version, I’d also like to see a more compact version designed to easily fit into a pocket intended for better portability and pairing with Xperia phones for Remote Play.