Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU

PS Vue – Allow Users to Extend Recording Time

Idea 85532 | Posted in , by | July 14, 2016

Please give users the option to record programs beyond their scheduled end time. This would help with shows that start or end out of their scheduled time slot, especially live and sporting events.

9 Comments Add your own

KBG29  |  July 17th, 2016 at 2:47 am

Definitly need to see this happen. I miss the end of WWE RAW every week.

GalacticZero  |  August 4th, 2016 at 11:11 am

This is a problem on Disney XD as well. I NEVER get to see the end of Guardians of the Galaxy and other shows.

alwysshayded  |  August 7th, 2016 at 6:01 pm

This should have been a basic feature, included from the beginning.

cubamdo  |  August 24th, 2016 at 8:09 am

We need the ability to add or subtract time from start and end times. For example alot of networks are doing a show that starts at 8pm and ends at 9:01pm, then their next show starts at 9:02pm and ends at 10pm.

KaKarnage  |  September 15th, 2016 at 9:28 pm

Yes, I just missed the end of South Park’s premier, arg! It chops the last 30+ seconds of records fairly regularly actually…

PoppaCouch  |  November 14th, 2016 at 1:08 pm

An alternative may be recording the show following the live event. But for that solution to be useful, need the app to seamlessly jump to the next show. OR at least prompt to ask if user wants to continue watching next show, especially in case the current recording is a know live event (sports).

TyphoidHater  |  November 25th, 2016 at 7:20 pm

Just have a couple options like 2/5/10 minutes. Back when I still had TW, I would select the 5minute past end time option. Maybe limit how many shows you could apply this to.

Mikeylito  |  March 7th, 2017 at 4:13 pm

I couldn’t agree with this more. In fact, while PSVue’s Cloud DVR is great, adding more conventional DVR setting would fine-tune viewing even more.

For example, allow viewers to record only new iterations of a particular program versus all iterations. For example, evening news/opinion shows on the 24-hour news networks repeat several times each night. I don’t need the repeat showings saved along with the original live showings.

I’d imagine it would save Sony some resources as well.