Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU

Ability to change User ID

Idea 73415 | Posted in , by | May 20, 2014

PS4 needs an update to add the ability to change User ID for $5.

708 Comments Add your own

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 13

sheepeater2  |  August 13th, 2014 at 6:58 am

$5 seems a bit steep for a simple name change. Call is $1 or 99c and I’m sold.

sisas1  |  August 13th, 2014 at 1:53 pm

cant you already change it once a year or something ??? cmon its 2014 this is a shame. we should have this option by now.

sisas1  |  August 13th, 2014 at 1:54 pm

FREE NAME CHANGE SOUNDS RIGHT ! WE PAY ENOUGH FOR GAMES AND SYSTEMS.

THE_BEAUTY_SOUL  |  August 13th, 2014 at 7:37 pm

I wish that i really i wish to change this name 🙁 what ever will cost me

YUGGENST  |  August 15th, 2014 at 7:22 am

there maybe no “REAL” need for the service, but there is demand.

I’ve been a PS owner since 2000, and will keep my PS consoles without doubt, but will look to Xbox for multiplayer and leave PS for exclusives only.

so either Sony allows people change IDs (say only once a year) or allows transfer of Content and Trophies to a new account.

people grow and change opinions and habits, what once seemed funny and cool isn’t several year later.

InfernalSerenity  |  August 16th, 2014 at 4:25 pm

YES YES YES YES please…. I think this should absolutely be an option, and am shocked that it has not been implemented thus far…

Not only would it be an extra source of revenue for Sony, but it would make some people feel better about their accounts who may have named theirs years and year and years ago!

InfernalSerenity  |  August 16th, 2014 at 4:27 pm

I also think $5-10 is more than fair for something like this, and would also keep it from happening as often.

For those saying less than, this should not be something so cheap that people just willy nilly change their names every other day.

xxkaepernickingx  |  August 16th, 2014 at 7:00 pm

it should be free the first time you change it and than it will cost you money

xxkaepernickingx  |  August 16th, 2014 at 9:20 pm

i think it should be exactly like microsoft free the first time and 5 or 10 dollars the next time you change it and there should be no limits

MedlockN  |  August 16th, 2014 at 10:10 pm

At least allow us to go by an alias like steam does. would imagine that being alot easier to implement.

Passion4TheGamee  |  August 17th, 2014 at 8:54 am

Really can’t believe they is not option to do this on playstation. I come over from xbox because I believe ps4 better than the xbox one. It’s a option for everyone to change at anytime doesn’t mean you have to change your username.. But you get bored of usernames it’s nice to have a new refreshment to your online id

InfernalSerenity  |  August 17th, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Exactly Passion, I felt the same way from fomr Xbox to Playstation, was a big disappointment.

lelezi  |  August 17th, 2014 at 1:10 pm

why can’t we change the username? I want to change my user name because I bought the PS3 when it first came out and when twitter wasn’t very popular. Now i use a singular name tag across all platforms. I use it on my xbox, i use it on my ipad, i use it on my windows pc. Why can’t I have the same username on the PSN? please make this feature happen.

eduardog3000  |  August 18th, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Or, add an internal UUID and allow unlimited name changing for free.

Like Steam.

ouzzy99  |  August 18th, 2014 at 8:47 pm

i think its a great idea because i would really like to change mine

Ogm1us  |  August 18th, 2014 at 11:53 pm

Please for the love of god yes, I have so much stuff I’ve downloaded with my PSPlus account and all of my trophies, I really do not want to lose all of that stuff. Please give us this option!

DutchLion3  |  August 19th, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Please Sony make this possible. You could make it $5 so people won’t constantly change their name.

jERZEEjARGON  |  August 21st, 2014 at 6:36 pm

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE.

Do you see my PSN ID?? It’s so bad. Xbox has had this feature forever. PLEASE!! I’LL GIVE YOU MONEY TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS!!

Legendary6969696  |  August 22nd, 2014 at 2:05 pm

yess. i very badly want to change my username. i didnt even make mine, my friends did. so if i can change it to what i want ill be happy

SgtKernel  |  August 23rd, 2014 at 1:11 pm

This should be a feature for all PSN accounts. We should be able to do this with any Playstation console.

xxkaepernickingx  |  August 23rd, 2014 at 3:23 pm

omg sony please let us change our name please i hate my name

ixthakingxi  |  August 25th, 2014 at 1:31 pm

I have a ton of content and stuff for my id. I wish I could change it because I made it when I first created my account years ago. You would think since PSN and The playstations are evolving they would realize that the PSN users are too. We do not want the same names we created as kids just like Sony are not using the same systems they created when we were kids.

carlos562HD  |  August 25th, 2014 at 5:28 pm

I agree ! I have a lot of trophies on my account and highest level on bf4 and ghost but I don’t really like my name I want to be able to change my name but keep all my stuff!!!

xX-RasKaL-Xx  |  August 25th, 2014 at 11:28 pm

To keep people in our friend list from being confused with our name change, they all receive a message saying for ex “xX-RasKaL-Xx has changed their name to “LiL2MiSCHiEViOUS” yea? yea?

Bovrillor  |  August 27th, 2014 at 1:37 am

Take my money, give me this feature.

When I signed up I assumed it’d be like Steam where I would have a public display name. My fault for not researching I guess, but I was on a PSP when I created it and had no online-playable content at the time, so it really wasn’t clear what I was getting stuck with.

MUFFINMANx42  |  August 30th, 2014 at 11:51 am

Why is this even being disagreed with? It doesn’t effect the people they wont want there named change besides there friends changing there name but if your close bought to them they will tell you in advance..

Macard  |  August 31st, 2014 at 9:03 am

Is playstation straff even looking at this page? We need this name changer!

xxkaepernickingx  |  August 31st, 2014 at 10:53 am

this is why i feel microsoft is better than sony

Akragard  |  September 1st, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Yes, because we all know that every teenager is rife with foresight, right? No one has ever done something as a child that they later regret. That is just an absurd notion. The people who are saying you are stuck with it just because you picked it when you are younger are clearly the stupidest people on the internet and have no idea how the world works. I cannot think of any other service that so strictly forbids the changing of an account name. It is obviously based on an outdated idea and has no place in a modern business model of the micro-transaction.

I agree that there need to be regulations on the purchase and sale of nicknames, but come on. People should be stuck with something they picked as a nickname almost 10 years ago? Let’s not be ridiculous. People change. If in 10 years, you have not changed at all, you’re doing life wrong.

thoeun0412  |  September 4th, 2014 at 1:36 am

I want this so bad. Please spread the word and post this link so we can get Sony attention.

d53p  |  September 5th, 2014 at 11:22 am

Would love to change my name just once or create another account and transfer all my earnings and downloaded stuff over to it. I don’t care which one just let it happen.

FedAg17  |  September 6th, 2014 at 11:18 am

Some of our psn ids aren’t necessarily offensive or inappropriate. We just want a change because we want our psn ids to sound better or have some sort of meaning that isn’t ignorant. I know we were warned of not being able to change it but some of us let our excitement get to our heads. I know I did because all I wanted to do at the time was to dive into my brand new PS3 and enjoy all of its best features. Heck I’d pay 20 dollars to be able to change my psn id. I think a good price would be 15 dollars just so people don’t constantly change it.

BabyKillr73  |  September 6th, 2014 at 6:43 pm

I’m pretty embarrassed by my ID. I’m embarrassed and don’t tell people I meet in real life my psn id and then we can’t play multiplayer. I feel like my name might get a laugh out of a random stranger online just because it’s so weird, but… it’s not worth it. I just want a normal name that fits me.

AnarchyLord  |  September 8th, 2014 at 8:44 am

Hate being left with a username my 13 year old self gave me 6 years ago

xxkaepernickingx  |  September 8th, 2014 at 9:59 pm

i feel sony never listens to us and they can be gaining so much favor over microsoft i honestly feel that sony will always be better than microsoft and i know they always say ohh its a policy for security and it wont confuse the if it will confuse them then put a limit on it just let them do it once or twice a year cmon sony please listen please

ryanbazely  |  September 9th, 2014 at 2:55 am

This needs to happen as i have my name as my ID and i would like to change that…

I would even pay for it…PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN!!!

radgnar510  |  September 9th, 2014 at 5:02 pm

Why would anyone be against this? Make it happen.

ZeB6pt  |  September 10th, 2014 at 4:31 am

ID and account settings, i’m portuguese, but i live in ireland, i had to make an irish account because the top up wallet was from an irish store, i will go back to portugal in the next year and i will buy psn credit from there, and it wont work because its not a portuguese account, so please change this

Buzzkiller488  |  September 10th, 2014 at 10:59 am

For the love of all things, Sony. Please implement this feature soon!!!

dysfuntional1  |  September 12th, 2014 at 11:31 am

Why do Sony keep missing out on important features their userbase are requesting and want…makes no sense.

MR-LoverMan-1982  |  September 14th, 2014 at 1:37 pm

Will Ps4 change online id come in the 2.0 update i hope .

FACE-OF-J3R3MY  |  September 16th, 2014 at 9:03 am

This is my third time posting on this board but this feature is something I have been QQ’ing about for a long time. I am happy to see it’s getting all this attention and I have a feeling SONY is working on it. My biggest hope is that it comes with the 2.0 update. Been playing Destiny and while that game is amazing, the fact I have a name I hate hovering over my head makes me cringe. I created my PSN account in 2006 and I have hated my PSN name for a while now. I created it based off of a song that I liked at the time and I just substituted my IRL name in the title. If it wasn’t for my crazy amount of purchases and all my trophies over the past 8 years, I would just start a new account. I have a new name waiting in the wings and as soon as Sony gives lets us, I will pay whatever price and change it once and for all. Keep hope and keep your fingers crossed, I believe it’s coming. 🙂

GoCletusLive  |  September 16th, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Yeah! I want it too, but for free. The name displayed should be changeable and ALSO there should be some unchangeable numeric profile ID to link all leaderboards progress and such stuff to it. So I can change my nickname AND keep my online stats.
If you remember Killzone Liberation or Syphon Filter online stats, they were linked to nicknames, not the accounts, which disappointed me when I changed my name. That’s why unique ID is required.

Lilneh  |  September 17th, 2014 at 7:00 pm

I’m just gunna’ throw my six-pence into this and say this is very much needed. I may just be going off rumours here but I believe some certain Asian country’s already have this feature so it’s likely not the case where it’s difficult to produce. Sony will guaranteed make a profit from such options.

jcr4jsr  |  September 24th, 2014 at 7:02 pm

Either let us change our ID or give us the feature to show a nickname instead of our ID.

foodeater154  |  September 25th, 2014 at 11:46 am

I can’t go into an online game without people hunting me. My PSN name is ruining my experience. I vote hell yes to this!!! I hate my psn name and I want to change it. P.S. If it’s a one time thing then it should be free. You shouldn’t charge for it unless we can do it as much as we want.

foodeater154  |  September 25th, 2014 at 11:50 am

Also, please don’t make it only for next gen. I have a ps4 but I’m waiting for acu to come out so I don’t use my ps4 yet.

Alazam1979  |  September 25th, 2014 at 5:20 pm

It makes no sense that this wasn’t done 6-7 years ago.

istep92  |  September 25th, 2014 at 5:20 pm

Agree with this, we should be able to change our psn names and region.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 13