Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU

DualShock 4 compatibility for PS Vita Remote Play

Idea 73283 | Posted in , by | May 20, 2014

Please make the next PS Vita update sync with DualShock 4 so I can use it on the road rather than when I am home. You would make a big impact doing this on sales

194 Comments Add your own

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Tizaro  |  October 25th, 2014 at 1:33 am

With playstation now a thing, pairing a ps3 controller to my Vita would make playing Ps3 games so much better

kikin2288  |  October 25th, 2014 at 7:46 am

That would be great, the most of the time is difficult to play ps4 games with the vita controls

Taero_Lightstar  |  October 28th, 2014 at 5:45 pm

This should literally be as simple as keeping your DS4 signed in and having an option to JUST push video to the vita while disabling timeout/screen dim. There should be no more input lag than there already is really as the only lag will be in sending video to the vita.

Mazei  |  October 28th, 2014 at 10:26 pm

The work around exists, the software exists on the ps tv and Xperia devices, please make this work without the work around on our vitas. Thanks.

xpert_k7  |  October 29th, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Please, add DualShock4 support to Vita Remote Play like on XPeria Z3. “This is for players!”
Over 18000 vote for this feature!

BlvckSakura  |  October 30th, 2014 at 11:02 pm

Sony. i have always been a huge fan of your products, and for once i have found a flaw in the way you do things. i bought a ps 4 about 3 months ago to play destiny but unfortunetly my job keeps holding me back from it and the travel back and forth home takes manys hours too, which is why i bought the vita. i wanted to use remote play so that i could continue playing with my friends. BUT it is impossible!! idk why you would accept to have remote play on such a game on the vita when u guys know it will be hard to control. this suggestion has been there for years, stop being greedy and make your costummers happy!!

wissou-77  |  November 5th, 2014 at 4:33 am

Please SONY listen to this amazing idea! it will improve PSvita’s sells and also dualshock4.

jkh33  |  November 5th, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Please I need this since I do a lot of Remote Play

cifer559  |  November 11th, 2014 at 4:43 am

So sony, your really going to force vita onwers to spend more money on a phone then what your gaming console cost?. just so we can at the vary least use a controller to remoteplay our games. nice one sony.

cifer559  |  November 11th, 2014 at 4:55 am

And whats wrong with giving players/gamers the option to use a controller with their handhelds?. its an OPTION to be turnd on and off as one sees fit for the situation and or game this is a legit question for sony and the down voting haters

kejoxen  |  November 11th, 2014 at 6:45 am

This is already enabled for Vita TV, how hard would it be for Vita? it has to be just a software switch.

SIXTHSEED  |  November 11th, 2014 at 9:45 pm

For the love of God, please add this support. I have to think that Vita sales would spike… Heck, release a bundle with a DS4/Vita cradle…call it the Remote Play Bundle. I’d buy it.

skyguy_6153  |  November 17th, 2014 at 5:03 pm

What about having DS3/DS4 support on Vita for PS Now gameplay? Ive done an idea submit for that.

doagoldeneye  |  November 19th, 2014 at 11:27 am

I’m looking to buy a PS4 and PS Vita in the next 6 months. One of the driving reasons is the PS Plus games I’m missing out now, but a big reason also is being able to play Destiny with Remote Play.

I am, however, not looking forward to learning new control schemes when, technically, pairing a DS3 or DS4 (I’ll buy/use be a separate controller if needed) with the Vita would be possible. I’d rather not use the ‘separate accounts’ trick.

Darryl_1988  |  November 19th, 2014 at 2:01 pm

Yeh definately needs an update to do this, I got the vita when it first come out and tbh thought it was crap but when the ps4 came out and the remote play feature I thought to be fair it’s pretty decent being able to play ps4 anywhere. But anyone who’s tried playing games like COD, Battlefield and FIFA 15 it’s a total nightmare to control the joysticks are too close to the screen and the back touch pad is too big I accidentally touch both so means throwing grenades and random stuff.

The new Sony phone has the ability to use as a screen only so simply just apply a fix to the Vita so it connects to the controller.

Darryl_1988  |  November 19th, 2014 at 2:05 pm

The best of it is aswell is you tweet them and contact them and they basically just lead you here and nothing happens. Like Bluetooth Bose headphones which annoyingly won’t work with ps4 but they will with PS3 and the vita. So the tech is there so just apply an update.

greentwigno1  |  November 20th, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Great idea! Plus adding an attachment to the DS4 so you can mount the Vita on it. Maybe you could make vita function together with the ds4 like the wii U pad? That would make the user experience even more awesome and that would attract a lot of people to buy a Vita to gain these cool features!

JKim1983  |  November 20th, 2014 at 10:36 pm

Pleaseeeeee add this feature. It would literally sell systems. I love remote play but hate hate hate the vita back screen. We need this or allow us to change button mapping.

datboiplaymade  |  November 21st, 2014 at 10:33 pm

not only ds4 on remote play but a personal assistant app,,,siri type app would kill it

ustrucx  |  November 24th, 2014 at 1:02 pm

I feel left out by being a vita early adopter, at first psvita was going to be a AAA games console, now sony openly state that psvita focus has shifted to indie games. They release a phone that has better remote play, controller wise, than the mobile console that was advertised as the best console experience on the go…it would be only fair that the vita would be the first to receive such new features given the fact that most vita owners have, at some point, or still ask themselves why the hell did I bought this?

ustrucx  |  November 24th, 2014 at 1:07 pm

And btw, would that be so hard to include all the buttons on the vita? seriously look at the new 3DS with the zr and zl buttons, would it be a design breaker to have the analog sticks click?

We are lucky to have sony & ps4 but honestly there is so much room for improvement that makes me wonder why some things aren’t already done.

TwisTedWrisTer18  |  November 24th, 2014 at 2:11 pm

The whole problem is the back touchpad which has become nothing more than a gimmick, even for playing true Vita games. If Sony would have just stuck with what works, the dualshock controller design, the remote play feature and playing Vita as a stand alone console would be a much better experience. Vita has become nothing more than an Indie platform because of it’s touchscreen smartphone like controls. If I want to play App style games, I have a smartphone. Sadly, I think the days of 1st party (or 3rd for that matter) games for Vita have already sailed. Why won’t Sony embrace marketing the Vita as a must have PS4 accessory? People say get PSTV that uses DS4, but there is a glaring difference… PSTV still has to be connected to a stationary TV!!!! What, is Sony afraid they might sell more Vita’s and DS4’s????

TwisTedWrisTer18  |  November 24th, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Also, I agree with you ustrucx. First, before Vita was released we are told that remote play will be possible with PS3. Sony showed such compatibility at E3, I believe 3 years ago. Then literally weeks before release of the Vita Sony said “it’s up to the developers” if they want to support remote play. So right off initial release Vita over promised and under delivered. Honestly I was really close to getting rid of my Vita until I heard Sony planned to make all PS4 games playable via remote play on Vita. I am happy that they at least followed through the second time around, but remapping of buttons because of the Vita’s gimmicky control scheme makes the experience of some games feel broken. If you ask me this is a simple fix. If Sony can give DS4 support to an EFFING CELL PHONE, there is no reason why they shouldn’t offer support on Vita!!!

iNubPwn3r  |  November 30th, 2014 at 5:59 am

I really thought this I actually possible since release of ps4 and Vita. To my suprise it isn’t. SONY we feed your company with money and love. Give a bit of this love back to your fans.

jh2011586  |  December 2nd, 2014 at 6:29 am

please i would like to ask if i can play for example GTA by internet with friend has PS3 if i have ps Vita

Amir

TwisTedWrisTer18  |  December 3rd, 2014 at 10:06 am

Sony… +18,000 votes and counting. When will you address this issue?? I mean for those of us who bought Vita for remote play ONLY, don’t you think you could at the very least give us a “yes this will happen” or a “no this will never happen”. Response. Face it the back touchpad was a bad idea, especially in terms of remote play button mapping. Just give us the ability to use DS4!!! Are you afraid to sale more controllers?? Otherwise I should just sell my Vita while I can. The game library is a joke and the only cool feature remote play feels broken because Vita controls are awful. Give us back our R3/L3 and R2/L2!!!!!

Valken07  |  December 3rd, 2014 at 11:05 am

This is a much needed feature for the Vita. A portable remote play device such as the new slimmer/lightweight Vita is a great addition for the price. The Xperia z2/z3 tablets and the z3 smartphones are not the most affordable devices, especially for those with little to no income(e.g. teenagers). This is just speculation, but the biggest hurdle I see for adding this feature is that the Vita can only use the 2.4GHz wireless spectrum(for its network connection). This is the same spectrum Bluetooth uses which can cause interference if the same channels are used. However if done right, there are ways to avoid interference.

Zedarum  |  December 5th, 2014 at 10:57 am

I bought Vita only for Remote Play feature on PS4. Built-in controls are okay, but Dualshock 4 support will simply turn this into fantastic experience!

TwisTedWrisTer18  |  December 8th, 2014 at 10:57 am

Simply stated and well said Zedarum. Not that Vita as is gives a terrible remote play experience, but certain games would definitely benefit from DS4 support on Vita. I would love to dock the Vita and play BF4 with DS4 on the second floor of my home. I look at BF4 as one game that is somewhat impossible to play via remote play with Vita. Sprinting, grenade throwing, among other functions with Vita controls feel awkward or broken to say the least. Other games that use R2/L2 buttons frequently (specifically sport games for passing or player swap) also suffer from Vita’s gimmicky touchpad button mapping. Sony can you please just give your customers some insight to whether we will ever see something implemented in regard to this idea, or are we voting and hoping for absolutely nothing??!!

DefenderOTC  |  December 11th, 2014 at 3:08 pm

YES!!… please do this!!! It would make remote play so much better to use!!

MinesAhead  |  December 13th, 2014 at 8:16 am

Please add this. Now that there is PS Now on Vita this would be such a logical step.

Bane-1974  |  December 17th, 2014 at 4:15 pm

Please Please Please add this. I just purchased a Vita to play Destiny over Remote Play and I need the DS4 controls.

NiKlas_1980  |  December 21st, 2014 at 3:01 pm

I have buy a ps vita only for remote play !! (My Wife Like a show TV And i don t understand WHY!?!) for play at Destiny, the crew , assassin..And i use my Dualshock 4(10 meters arround Ps4) Like it. http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2ly4rf/tutorial_using_ds4_with_ps_vita_for_remote_play/

But, i want a buy some Vita game ? Yes its true. And?…
Response:

NO… because i don’t want reset my PS VITA ..EVERYDAY.

MY APOLOGIE .

p0u1_  |  December 22nd, 2014 at 7:32 am

Please add support for ds4, it would make certain games so much better on remote play, I’m a bit gutted that a phone can do more than the dedicated hand held PlayStation device.

Lbuckstag  |  December 23rd, 2014 at 10:20 pm

You could sell an accesorie to attach the vita with the controller like the one for the Z3

Severon  |  December 24th, 2014 at 10:55 am

Oh wow i just found this post. I’ve been lobbying for this in various places. I cannot believe this isn’t a feature yet. They even have it on their freaking phones now which is like a slap in the face to vita owners.

nasiresco  |  December 29th, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Sony why are you not addressing this issue. I just purchased this vita and I am about to return it due to the fact taht I cannot pair any dual shock controller with the vita away from the home. Why havent you listened to your users. Find a way and do it period.

SierraAstaelion  |  December 29th, 2014 at 11:00 pm

I’ve started a petition on the forums…. I don’t really know if things like this work but I want sony to know we want this asap. Feel free to post

TwisTedWrisTer18  |  January 2nd, 2015 at 10:21 am

Dear Sony,
Thank you for ignoring this relevant idea and its 90+ comments and 18k+ positive votes since May 2014. I have been a loyal Sony customer since 1998 and have owned PS1,PS2,PSP,PS3,PSVita,and PS4. I cannot understand why you have given your smartphones better remote play and compatibility features than your consoles that is dedicated to gaming. I thought the Playstation brand was “4 gamers” not for smartphone users? I bought the PS Vita at launch in February 2012 with the assumption I was going to be able to play PS3 games remotely. Then you squashed that, and put the blame on developers, stating remote play on PS3 games would be up to them. Then just as I think why in the hell did I purchase a Vita, you announced full remote play capabilities with PS4 at launch. So I decided to hold onto my PS Vita paper weight a bit longer. I have Golden Abyss which I played though and enjoyed, but beyond that Vita game support has been astonishingly awful. Some indie games are decent, but I’d just assume play Candy Crush FOR FREE on my smartphone. (continued next post)

TwisTedWrisTer18  |  January 2nd, 2015 at 10:21 am

I do not understand the neglect? We are not asking for the ability to use DS4 with our original PS1 console. We are asking for DS4 support on “the ultimate PS4 companion and accessory”(since the Vita game library stinks). As I said in a previous post at least give us your loyal supporters a YES or NO. If YES I’m sure most of your customer community will not feel so foolish for purchasing a gaming console(Vita)over a smartphone for PS4 remote play. If NO, TELL US! …and give us whatever the simple reason why this cannot happen. I just cannot understand the logic. You make some of your products compatible and other more sensible pairing ideas like Vita,DS4,PS4 are neglected which makes the Playstation “4 gamers” motto seem like BS. I’m buying your product yet you are ignoring the features I(gamers)want most.

Techni  |  January 5th, 2015 at 5:05 am

@rougegoat PSP go already let us use it. And so does VitaTV.

Dark_One_86  |  January 5th, 2015 at 7:55 pm

Sony, if You will do this, Playstation Vita + PS4 finaly will become “the best place to play” ever!

soap1983  |  January 14th, 2015 at 2:03 pm

Seems like a lot of people really want this feature. If it has so many votes, why does Sony ignore it? it could even boost vita sales :s

lsendokonl  |  January 15th, 2015 at 10:32 am

So…its not gonna happen. It can only be a $ issue with sony or it would have been done already. Now just recently becoming one handed i have to some how let go of my sony consoles. Which could easly have a fix, but are never considered because tgere would be enough $ to come back. Good job with making a phone more compatable than your console. Its such a disapointment to the name.

Pages: 1 2 3 4