Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU

DualShock 4 compatibility for PS Vita Remote Play

Idea 73283 | Posted in , by | May 20, 2014

Please make the next PS Vita update sync with DualShock 4 so I can use it on the road rather than when I am home. You would make a big impact doing this on sales

194 Comments Add your own

Pages: 1 2 3 4

ustrucx  |  January 19th, 2015 at 7:03 am

By adding this feature I wont feel like a total idiot for buying a PS Vita.

Multicoolrider  |  January 20th, 2015 at 12:21 am

I agree, ds4 compatibility with the ps vita would be great

Tsukika21  |  January 25th, 2015 at 4:33 am

I agree, trying to play games like NHL15, which requires full DS4 controls is next to impossible on the Vita via remote play. Please make this idea a reality!

D-Du  |  January 28th, 2015 at 4:49 pm

If there isn’t going to be DS4 compatibility, at least let us customize the Remote Play controls

jhaasl  |  January 30th, 2015 at 3:43 pm

I don’t understand why this cannot be implemented with the Vita. The Xperia phone and tablet line support this functionality. The experience is so much better with proper controls and the Vita seems more than capable of accommodating this functionality.

Insomnia999  |  January 31st, 2015 at 10:35 am

They need to extend Remote Play (and PS Now) to iOS and Android.

X1 games will be able to stream to the millions of Windows 10 devices.

phillyfan2020  |  February 3rd, 2015 at 1:03 am

They make a mount for the DS4 for the Xperia phones already. Just make a DS4 Vita mount combo and take our money already.

fatiht1907  |  February 3rd, 2015 at 4:39 am

Please we need this feature, it is so much better with a DS4 to play

bertraar2  |  February 12th, 2015 at 1:08 pm

I agree it would be nice but Big Impact on Sales HA! πŸ˜› But I do support this πŸ™‚

Giddysamurai  |  February 14th, 2015 at 2:42 pm

Don’t understand why this feature doesn’t exist! My suspicion is that they want to make it an exclusive feature to boost their phone sales, otherwise guess it’s another Sony thing…… πŸ˜•

baggiesparks  |  February 15th, 2015 at 5:31 am

Please sort this out Sony, you can see how great the dual shock 4 works with remote play when doing the alternate PSN account work around but you really shouldn’t have to. Little changes like this would be such a sales point if advertised correctly and would surely only improve sales for the vita now the PS4 is up and running.

Mike10Dude  |  March 14th, 2015 at 4:10 pm

they already allow this on some of there cell phones but yeah I would love to have this feature on the vita

TwisTedWrisTer18  |  March 18th, 2015 at 3:20 pm

You know what really makes me angry. This is the 3rd most popular idea on this blog which is in fact a Sony blog, right?? Sony has ignored all of us since May 21, 2014… almost a year. 18,000+ begging for this feature which literally would take as much time to activate in software updates as it takes to flip on a light switch. I am sick and tired of owning a Vita just so I can use remote play, half of the damn games I own SUCK in remote play because of Vita’s terrible gimmick, poorly engineered, rear touchpad. Why Sony does not bolster this function… clueless!!!! Sale a docking station and a DS4 together and call it a remote play package or something!!!! Why is this so difficult? We all at the very least would like some feedback Sony. Right now you have just under 20k Vita owners just hanging in the wind. Especially those of us that bought the system for remote play (first with PS3, that never came true), 1st&3rd party titles and the home console experience we were promised. Right now all I have is a freakin paper weight because JRPG’s and indie games ARE NOT WHY I BOUGHT THIS CONSOLE!!

Omnicient1  |  March 18th, 2015 at 3:42 pm

A MUst Have, most games REQUIRE 4 Shoulder Buttons,

Bellalara  |  March 24th, 2015 at 5:13 pm

This definitely needs to be done :/ I thought Remote Play would be such an amazing feature but the lack of Dualshock 4 and 3 support made it terrible πŸ™ I couldn’t play a lot of games and my experience went downhill

Bayako7  |  March 26th, 2015 at 9:55 am

I had hoped for this to be implemented in the latest firmware update.
They need to add this in the next one 2.6 or 2.7 whatever it will be called:D

cifer559  |  March 26th, 2015 at 7:58 pm

sigh… another useless update without implementing this most requested feature for the vita
i won’t be updating my vita anymore until this has been implemented

NEOSIMKIN  |  March 27th, 2015 at 4:09 pm

When I saw that sub accounts could get upgraded I hoped that perhaps the latest update may make it easier to use a dual shock controller with your Vita. Thanks for considering this!

m0gkn1ght  |  April 1st, 2015 at 6:51 pm

Agreed, the most useful feature that sony needs to implements, I played dying light/bloodborne recently both games required combination of analog and R2/L2 in order for optimal/enjoyable gameplay. Please consider this idea.

djbizie  |  April 2nd, 2015 at 10:23 am

This would be very nice to have indeed. Especially since the rear touchpad is useless/unreliable when it comes to playing “high-end” games. It triggers when not supposed to, and when supposed to; it doesn’t. So I have given up my remote play only because of this.

Either make the PS Vita pair with DS4 controller, or make it possible to remap L2/R2 to something else on the physical layout of the PSV. Hope either of thee are implemented so the Remote Play gettings useable.

CaptainVegas  |  April 3rd, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Since the Dualshock works with the PS Vita TV – the functionality is there. Please enable it for the Vita.

sithee  |  April 3rd, 2015 at 3:50 pm

i have used the ds4 with my vita but can only do this on my sons account and it makes such difference. come on sony make this happen or at least explain why you haven’t/can’t.

drmocano  |  April 4th, 2015 at 10:28 pm

WE ALSO NEED PARTY CHAT FUCTIONALITY WHILE REMOTE PLAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Logan1509  |  April 8th, 2015 at 4:51 am

Please make it happen, this would be the best feature ever!

elephantpower  |  April 9th, 2015 at 7:15 pm

Come on, Xperia range can do it! Pls make our little play box of joy a little more joyful. Bluetooth, cable, DS3/4/3rd party. A stream only function instead of the second screen oh and controller mapping (very important) just an app will do thanks. I don’t mind which one.

elephantpower  |  April 9th, 2015 at 7:30 pm

I’m new to this, but why is it that an idea with 13-700 backing gets in action status, but a 20k strong is left unanswered? at least an answer to calm the masses instead of leaving us in the dark about it would be nice.

ryne92  |  April 12th, 2015 at 12:46 pm

Please make this happen. Still waiting, both ds4 and vita have bluetooth. C’mon sony

Becksen_  |  April 13th, 2015 at 7:41 am

I’m just waiting for an answer from Sony that the guys will include this functionality then I can finally buy the vita.

Gotrek_74  |  May 13th, 2015 at 5:32 am

If you can use this with the Sony Experia phone then how difficlut would this be for your own handheld?? Hell, I’d even purchase a first party cradle if I had to. Come on Sony, you are letting your user base down.

Dunkster-  |  May 27th, 2015 at 2:31 pm

It is stupid and disappointing that Sony hasn’t made this possible already. I wish I could program it myself.

Dunkster-  |  May 27th, 2015 at 2:44 pm

Are you just waiting to see how many people complain before you do something about this? I’ve been waiting patiently for god knows how long. I am almost ready to just sell everything to the highest bidder.

Banjhex  |  May 31st, 2015 at 11:05 am

I would like to just use the DS4 on any Vita game…my hands fit comfortably around the DS4. My fingers strain and hurt around the Vita.

xboxice  |  June 10th, 2015 at 1:27 am

i would like to have support for Dualshock controller via remote play,even better if i could pair them to the vita system πŸ™‚ that would be nice.

Yearsbled  |  June 13th, 2015 at 7:30 pm

This is by far my biggest complaint with remote play. When I am playing a PS4 game away from home I NEED the trigger buttons to use controls/features of the game. A lot of the time trying to get the pad on the back to work reliably is a nightmare, and if it is something like auto-attack it is simply useless as it does not seem to register that it is being held and you have to continually try and tap the back pad while moving around. The workaround of using a second account attached to the Vita is rubbish, I do not want to have to wipe my vita to use a feature that should be in the system already.

JLPerdigao  |  June 19th, 2015 at 8:52 am

Please do this! I want to play with my Vita away from home with my ds4 and remote play with the dock too! PLEASE SONY!

Rino0815  |  June 19th, 2015 at 8:54 am

my opinion is that many of the games for ps4 we might play on the Vita, is not work that smooth than it would with the Controller.
So it would be very very very nice to play the Vita with the Controller.
And why not? I can’t imagine that this would be so hart to set, is it?
And by the way….Sony could improve the sellings of the Dock system they have to dock the Sonymobiles to the Controller, most of them woul work with the PSVita too ^^

cifer559  |  June 26th, 2015 at 7:44 pm

So Sony I broke my promise not to update my vita so I could download and play the metal gear solid series in preparation of the phantom pain. I sold my ps3 in order to get my ps4 so the only way I have play these games is on the vita. but the problem is now the same old story with the vita, controls scheme don’t transfer over to the vita well because of missing buttons and a rear touch pad as poor replacement for said missing buttons. I seen the R2/L2 button accessories the vita that may or may not come to the west but even it dose its only going to solve part of the problem as the vita it self is STILL missing the R3/L3 buttons. I also play destiny via remote play witch has one of the most “optimized” controller set ups I’m still having to lift my thumb from the stick to preform a L3/R3 action witch is horrible with the fenaky games on the vita and even worse with remote play

cifer559  |  June 26th, 2015 at 7:45 pm

My second biggest complaint is the over all size of the vita. Its small and difficult and a strain to hold over long peiords of time due to how thin it is. my hand and fingers are always crampping, falling a sleep, or hitting the back touch pad messing something up along the way

These two big problems can be solved by this feature. what is taking so long with this.

OhMyGod87  |  July 4th, 2015 at 5:11 pm

I’m waiting too! Pls add this feature! *beg*

W1ck3d_p  |  July 10th, 2015 at 4:37 pm

I would love this! My wife often wants to watch netflix on my ps3, and it would be awesome if I could just play on my ps vita with a controller rather than a touch pad… It works with Zperia phones and tablets, why not the vita?

budist1  |  July 13th, 2015 at 10:24 am

the ability to have 2 DS4’s for the vita would make it possible for game devs to port couch co-op games like TowerFall and Duck Game. Nidhogg will also be fantastic couple with this. so much fun multiplayer without ad hoc in the way.

SkullKid-PDG  |  July 13th, 2015 at 11:40 am

If the vita is going to become an accessory to the PS4, please allow a DS4 to connect to the Vita. This will allow us to remote play some games that are rather awkward to play on the vita.

FireworkFuse  |  July 13th, 2015 at 12:14 pm

My vita would become 10 times more useful and I would probably end up buying way more games if this happened.

CLANDESTINE-OPS  |  July 13th, 2015 at 4:15 pm

Yes, I really want this support as well. I know there are workarounds when in range of PS4 & signing into Vita with a secondary PSN account (forcing a reformat and different memory card), but I would like a native connection to the Vita for the DS4 through bluetooth.

cold_spirit  |  July 13th, 2015 at 7:11 pm

Oh gosh please do this. I really don’t want to buy a cheap TV to keep at my brother’s place whenever I want to play PS4 games. The Vita has decent controls, but please please please let me use my DS4.

Pages: 1 2 3 4