Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU

DualShock 4 compatibility for PS Vita Remote Play

Idea 73283 | Posted in , by | May 20, 2014

Please make the next PS Vita update sync with DualShock 4 so I can use it on the road rather than when I am home. You would make a big impact doing this on sales

194 Comments Add your own

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Yearsbled  |  July 20th, 2015 at 8:27 pm

This really needs to happen, if the PSTV has it why not the Vita. They are basically the same device in a different shell as far as I know. Make the DS4 work with the Vita, make a holder for it like the one for your phone and just take our money already. At the very least give a yes/no if it is even being considered and maybe an explanation of why. I use Remote Play at least 4 days a week when I am not home for hours at a time, I have the Nyko power grip which helps but it does not at the functionality of the missing buttons, and as stated so many times before the back touch pad is a gimmick at best and is in no way usable for any real game play. Remote play is a truly great feature of the Vita/PS4 that is being completely gimped by the lack of real controls.

Red-5x  |  July 29th, 2015 at 11:03 pm

Hi:
Well, after more than a year and this is just ignored by SONY… SONY just doesn’t care about the most valuable consumers. I know we are. Why? Because we have the PlayStation 4 and the PlayStation Vita. We DESERVE to play with the DualShock 3 and the DualShock 4 on the PlayStation Vita and not only for Remote Play… PlayStation Vita itself and all the Library of Games.
Remember… the answer and the Power is OURS! CAPCOM realizes that and starting to do the right things with Resident Evil Remaster. It’s time to show SONY the we deserve the BEST. That’s not a petition. Who’s with Me?

Ozzy-Waffle  |  August 19th, 2015 at 4:31 pm

I’m actually disgusted they haven’t implemented this yet !!! Do Sony really think the vita is a usable device when playing ps4 games!!!!!! I’m getting close to just buying another vita todo the second account trick, but why should I ?

Nocturnalis  |  August 25th, 2015 at 9:11 am

As a veteran gamer and an IT professional it’s surprising that the ability to use the DS4 natively is not supported. As mentioned before there are valid reason why this makes sense. Take the WII U for example you can play any game on the WII U pad without having to utilize the TV at all and it been around for a few years. Remote play on the vita achieves this partially but full DS4 support would make the experience that much better. I believe Vita sales would actually increase as gamers could play game with full DS4 support without the current laborious work around. Sony listen to your fans. Streaming games anywhere in the home is the present and future. Please perfect the current experience. You have already come half way and just stopped. MS is already caught on you with XBOne streaming to windows 10 with full controller support plugged into the PC and tablet.

TwisTedWrisTer18  |  August 31st, 2015 at 8:22 am

Hello… hello… is anyone there? It’s just us 20,000+ Playstation customers that you have been completely ignoring for over a year. What do we have to do so that we can at the very least receive some sort of feedback from you Sony??? Something as simple as “yes, we are looking into this” or “no,this cannot be done because”. I’ve had it. Do we need to send in a hand written letter like this is 1992 so we can get a response??? I mean what is the purpose of this blog and voting if you just ignore the hell out of the ideas anyway. This idea has been in the top three since May 2014. If voting doesn’t get us answers then what do we need to do in order to receive a response? I’m beyond frustrated with this, and I’m really wondering why on earth I shouldn’t get rid of my Vita. Since there are about 3 “console experience” games for the system, and the rest is all JRPG, indie game crap!

IceColdKilla44  |  September 13th, 2015 at 1:22 pm

I’m honestly stunned that this has so much demand. Why would you want to use a DS4 on the small screen, let alone “on the road” when the system itself is portable? There are plenty of Vita grips you can buy if comfort is an issue.

Would rather Sony put their resources towards things more ppl will actually use, like Full PS1/2 Classic Support on PS4/Vita.

TwisTedWrisTer18  |  October 1st, 2015 at 9:34 am

It has nothing to do with comfort. I already own grip handles for my Vita. It has everything to do with button mapping when playing PS4 games on the Vita. Mapping buttons such as L2/R2 and L3/R3 to Vita’s touchpad is just absolutely awful. Between accidental taps, and non-registered taps when you frantically try and hit the touchpad makes most sport titles and shooter/action games very, very unfriendly and unplayable in remote play. Obviously everyone has their own opinion, but 20,000+ positive votes makes it seem this is a feature that the “majority” wants. The only other alternative would be what Sony should have done with the Vita from the beginning, ditch the gimmicky touchpad and give us dualshock with a screen. If that had happened not only would the Vita be a better product, but remote play difficulty would be a non-issue. I guess my biggest complaint, Sony gives their smartphones better remote play features (Dualshock compatibility) than their Vita a mobile device that is dedicated to gaming. IMO makes zero sense.

bx8ref  |  September 15th, 2015 at 4:50 am

Sony дайте поддержку DS4 для PS Vita!!!
управление PS Vita оставляет желать лучшего…
если начали дело, делайте до конца!
Ваш клиент из России.

TheShadowfly  |  September 15th, 2015 at 3:38 pm

Trying to play MSGV TPP with the touchpad as a L2/R2 is killing my hands!
My PS4 is upstairs and while in the same room the work around of using the accounts works, but outside the room where the PS4 is the PS4 controller cannot connect.
please make the PS4 controller compatible for pairing with the PS Vita

TwisTedWrisTer18  |  October 1st, 2015 at 9:48 am

Why is it that the minority of people opposed to this idea always argue against as if we want DS4 compatibility as the only means to use remote play with the PS4, or as if we want to play Vita games with DS4. If you don’t want to play Vita with DS4 then, well, don’t… it’s that easy. If the remapped controls of the DS4 to the Vita touchpad doesn’t frustrate you, I’m cool with that. If you don’t want to lug around a DS4 controller nobody is telling you that you have to. People who have voted in favor of this idea just want the option of playing their PS4 games with full uninhibited control during remote play. If you don’t think it’s a good idea, I’m okay with that, but don’t beat it down because it’s not how “you” want to play. Keep your opinion to yourself because this idea will not hurt how you play, it will just enhance the experience for the rest of us that want the idea implemented.

Noside017  |  October 1st, 2015 at 11:54 pm

This would be an awesome idea because it has the possibility to open other doors to the Vita , why not do it .. it won’t hurt you Sony ..

Sleeper103  |  October 3rd, 2015 at 2:28 pm

Would be great to connect a ps3 or ps4 controller via Bluetooth to the vita I think it would greatly improved the ps vita with this feature.

Slappers2011  |  October 19th, 2015 at 12:37 am

Hi Sony, MS are about to drop a huge update to xbone. Yes backwards compatibility, facelift, performance improvements (= threshold). Now is the time to step up and make your current users happy and stop riding on your own coattails.

Put in dual shock support the the vita already. You can do it on ps tv, but I don’t want or need one of those, I bought a vita. Still bewildered why this just isn’t native. This is one of your most popular requests, get on it.

shushkata  |  October 24th, 2015 at 4:04 am

Hey Sony this is a must now. After we now know that the PS vita will not have more 1st party AAA titles, you need to do something to keep i alive. The device is great and remteplay is a feature you advertise allot! Just give us the option to connect a dualshock 4 controller and play as we want to. The PS TV, same hardware as the Vita, does have the option ? just give us the firmware so we can enjoy remoteplay ….

TehFineztJokerX  |  October 26th, 2015 at 10:18 pm

If you mean being able to use remote play (playing PS4 games on your Vita) and using your controller, then a vote from me. I always hated the fact that you can’t use your own controller when you remote play but when you try to, it asks who’s using the controller and then remote play goes off. It’s like you need a 2nd Vita but on a different account in order to use your own controller.

DarkSoul2NOOB  |  November 8th, 2015 at 5:47 pm

We need this added to listed features also, the ability to pair two ps vital to one sole ps4 thank you

dragoox39  |  December 4th, 2015 at 9:37 am

The use of a duel shock with the vita isn’t just a remote play issue. I do not own a ps4, just the vita. I have recently subscribed to PS Now and all of the ps3 games require L2/R2 L3/R3 buttons which on the vita means you have to use the rear touch pad. Have you ever tried to play a FPS with the rear touch being the trigger? It is next to impossible.

jayveedotcom  |  December 15th, 2015 at 1:08 pm

This would be amazing for Rainbow Six Siege. Make this happen, you can already do this with the Z4 tablet.

Kjakaladden  |  January 8th, 2016 at 6:42 pm

Please consider this once more!

I hate that all android users now can do it.. But not vita.. I understand that IOS isnt able to do this, but please add this function for the ps vita.

Please! Atleast give us some feedback! It’s been a while now!

Please!

Kjakaladden  |  January 12th, 2016 at 10:00 am

Have you guys seen the L2/R2 grip cover for the ps vita 1000 made by joetsu?
It’s all sold out and currently selling for 100 -150$Usd on ebay.

Thats money sony could have made instead by listening to the vita owners and their customers, not ignoring them..

nkuli14791  |  January 15th, 2016 at 6:07 am

This would be a nice feature to have!

J-_-M-_-C  |  February 16th, 2016 at 3:22 am

We need this feature Sony! At least allow us to use a DS3/4 with VITA games!

TwisTedWrisTer18  |  March 1st, 2016 at 1:57 pm

Okay… seems as if Sony is officially pulling the life support plug on Vita. We are not going to get DS4/remote play/Vita support in the 3.50 update coming soon on PS4… BUT we are getting PC remote play support! WTF!?! Did everyone here that, that was the echo of me slapping my forehead. So Sony is going to support PC’s before it supports its own devices. That makes perfect sense! To whom, no idea! Well guess I’ll trade in my Vita now while I can still get $1 for it at Gamestop!!!

chris_menk  |  April 28th, 2016 at 6:43 am

Even though there is PC support now – i would still like to use my DualShock 4 with my PS Vita for Remote Play.

ferdodermanager  |  November 17th, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Hello Guys,

I’m asking myself the question, how is it possible that you can connect your ps4 controller using the bluetooth function with any android/ios device via holding the share + PS buttons… and not with the “sony” ps vita? this must be a joke

big fail for sony

Rothnihalias  |  January 9th, 2017 at 9:11 pm

This is a great feature. People who own a PS Vita are likely to own a PS4 and people who use the PS Vita for remote play will certainly own a PS4 controller. A wired or wireless connection option would be fantastic and would be widely used. This is a wonderful fix to the awkward lack of the R3,L3,R2, and L2 buttons!

Please add this.

MechaBouncer  |  February 22nd, 2017 at 6:30 pm

I have a Vita, but it’s always been awkward to play games that need the L2/R2 and L3/R3 buttons for Remote Play or PSone Classics. The cases to add L2/R2 buttons to the system only work so well and still don’t quite feel right. Meanwhile, a phone clip on my Dualshock 4 let me use my Xperia Z3 Compact like a charm and was way better experience than trying to use the Vita.

Yet Sony never did anything to rectify that and are now pretty much phasing out the Vita entirely. PS Now support has been pulled and it’s only a matter of time before Remote Play follows. Which is really a shame because the thing holding both back from being excellent on the Vita are the lacking controls that this would have mostly solved. Or a first party accessory to add these as physical buttons to first-gen Vitas while actually including the buttons in the Slim redesign to push Remote Play would have also helped. Instead, the Vita was just left to die.

MechaBouncer  |  February 22nd, 2017 at 6:33 pm

And now the push is to use Xperia phones instead, but this is much more expensive as you’re looking at $75-150 more than the Vita as an entry point. Unless Sony brings this feature to something like the Xperia XA, it’s going to be a tough sell for people. Perhaps it’s time to revisit the Xperia Play concept?

flutflut1  |  March 3rd, 2017 at 2:15 pm

I feel like Sony has given up on the vita. We keep asking and asking, but get nothing in return! C’mon Sony!!! the Vita has so much potential! if you added this function, people would buy it more!

As a Vita user, I feel very ignored by Sony. You should listen to your customers needs! I’ve seen ideas with less votes than this get accepted! so what’s the problem?! even if you need to make a cable to connect the controller or make a new accessory for the vita to make it work, it would help! especially since many people buy it specifically for its remote play feature! We don’t want new phones! we want our Vitas to work!!! (and release more of those companion apps for vita too! it’s stupid that people can do more with playstation on their phones than with the actual vita!)

Drasadex  |  March 16th, 2017 at 4:13 pm

I would literally use Remote Play more if Dualshock 4 controllers could work with the Vita like this.

Make it happen Sony/PlayStation!

chaz32445  |  September 13th, 2017 at 1:38 am

strong agree with the guy or girl on this idea. we need some thing we can trevel with. people can play those games. i mean you make more money for those games. the people come up with that idea, would be so much happeir with game

LordNitsud  |  September 19th, 2017 at 10:28 pm

This needs to happen for sure. I’ll buy a vita tomorrow for remote play with a DS4.

Pages: 1 2 3 4