Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU

PS4 compatibility with g25 steering wheel

Idea 71441 | Posted in , , by | May 20, 2014

Can you please make the PS4 and the Logitech g25 and Logitech g27 wheel compatible. PS3 does work with it. Thanks, hope this does happen.

880 Comments Add your own

Pages: 1 2 3 4 18

HereInMyOwnSkin  |  August 12th, 2014 at 4:59 am

Purchased a G27 just to use on the PS4. This news about not having a chip and not being able to use it means I’ve wasted loads of money (I bought a wheel stand too). £300 down the drain. Thanks Sony.

Aghashie  |  August 12th, 2014 at 7:11 am

No racing game will see my wallet until I got full G25/G27 support.

Period.

Diego-gene  |  August 12th, 2014 at 10:24 am

nothing, no logitech support, goodbye ps4 and hellow pc $ony no more, enothgt money for you customers do not care

LORDMATZE  |  August 12th, 2014 at 12:29 pm

This is NOT for the players. No Logitech = No racing game on PS4.

krobs  |  August 12th, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Add support for Logitech wheels,without it i won’t be purchasing any racing titles for ps4.

andario1986  |  August 13th, 2014 at 6:12 am

I bought a G27 half a year ago. I played PS3 GT6 it was a lot of fun.
A few weeks ago i bought a Wheelstand because i´m looking forward that there is a way to get a G27 running with this NextGen. Because the old gen can run it 😉 Why not the next Gen? A security chip which are only in Thrustmaster wheels for now? Spezial Contract with them okay this is the world of today. But please be fair to the users!

omnibussa  |  August 13th, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Vote also for Fanatec wheels support. They’re the best.

Kronos-619  |  August 14th, 2014 at 1:53 am

PS4 from an Xbox360 and G27/PC owner here (as many, many other people that I know here in Italy). I’m happily using the G27 with iRacing (best racing sim ever at the moment), but I was hoping to use it on my PS4, too.
Let’s just be honest, this is not something “for the players”, this is just for money. There is a clear deal with thrustmaster (inferior devices), because it’s the only supported maker.
Logitech blames you (and it’s official, on their forums), you blame Logitech. And the player comes last.
Just a question, HOW can a thrustmaster monopoly enhance the user experience?
Yes, it should be in Logitech’s interest to have their devices listed, but it’s in YOUR interest to have a good variety of devices supported, seen that at the moment you aren’t different from XboxOne on this, and seen that you did describe the PS4 as “supporting all the PS3 and most of PC periferials”. Did you simply lie?

G27+Morpheus+ProjectCars = KILLER combo. True next-gen VR immersion in a racing sim. It does cost 0 to change Morpheus with Oculus and pCars with iRacing/pCars for PC in the equation.

Kronos-619  |  August 14th, 2014 at 1:55 am

Do your math and see what’s convenient for you Sony, Microsoft understood it too late, when they lost millions in future profits trying to monetize too early and in a visible manner.

An advice, people: seen that a real racing sim is useless without a good racing wheel, just wait. G27 for Gran Turismo was added an year later. Just stick with your old sim (or jump on the iRacing train), and IF and WHEN the support will be added, you’ll buy the game at a lesser price, with no risks.
Last but not least, it does cost LESS to buy a decent gaming PC than buying a full set of the thrust master plastic garbage.

Let’s see if this “voice your opinion” is really something, of if we are just wasting time, sharing our thoughts with Sony.

tornadoscrew  |  August 14th, 2014 at 8:29 am

Just one more thing adding to my previous post which also benefits sony and project cars in a big way on the ps4: PROJECT MORPHEUS imagine being immersed in project cars in a pagani zonda r flying at high speed trough the corners of silverstone or suzuka on your g25/g27 wheel or other brand?? Imagine all those wheels with a morpheus sale attached to it?? That’s money in the bank and success to me …. up to sony if they want their throne back from the ps1/2 era!

Gost_Dog  |  August 14th, 2014 at 1:32 pm

Not buying any racing game anymore before you guys wake-up and enable the G27 for PS4… end of story.

toffio  |  August 14th, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Please update the PS4 ! I will not buy any racing game till the update is not done.

silva-sport  |  August 14th, 2014 at 3:18 pm

Kronor-619, awesome post, these are my exact sentiments that I have been trying to get across on every site discussing this issue. So far, from the no response Sony has given us, I can only assume that our voices don’t matter.

I would rather spend the $700+ on a gaming PC than to get ride of my Fanatec ClubSport wheel set. Thrustmasters plastic fake button wheels just will not cut it when the goal of a racing game is to have an immersive, realistic experience.

I have owned a PlayStation since the very first console and never considered switching to a PC system, but this issue has forced me to research the option and now I am glad I did, thanks Sony and I sincerely mean thanks.

I spent well over $1200 for my Fanatec set up because I wanted the most realistic experience possible $700+ for a another wheel when a good gaming PC will cost the same, plus having the freedom to use my choice of equipment, have triple screens and not need three consoles and a more advanced online gaming community, it’s a no brainer.

Sony you have a good product, but lack to my features and poor regard for what the customer wants to be alienating us this way.

Happyx01  |  August 14th, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Same here I have decided to not buy any racing games until my G27 is supported on PS4,

Special_K_Friend  |  August 14th, 2014 at 8:56 pm

WHAT??? Sony is not supporting a the higher quality peripherals? I’ve been a huge supporter of Sony… but i really think i’ve had enough.

I ve been using a G27 Steering wheel on my PS3… Pre-ordered a PS4 on launch hoping for drive club (before it was delayed). It was delayed so i’ve been sitting on this PS4 for about a year playing rubbish games waiting for all the good ones to be released this year and now i read ALL THREE racing games DO NOT support a G27 which is supported on PS3?

I WILL NOT buy these games, in fact, unless Sony puts out info that they will be supporting the G27 any time soon, I’m selling my PS4 and investing in a bloody PC. Im sorry but thats the straw which broke the camels back.

Im done

K-ryx  |  August 15th, 2014 at 3:07 am

Pour le driving force gt aussi!!!!!

GTHQ_Jilt  |  August 15th, 2014 at 5:33 am

If there is no support for the Logitech or Fanatec wheels on the PS4, this will be THE reason for me NOT to buy the console.

I will not be forced to buy a new wheel, just because Sony does not want to adapt the PS4 to “older types of wheels”.

I was planning to buy a PS4 for Project Cars and the future Gran Turismo 6/7/Prologue, but for now, I am sticking to the PS3 and PC.

If Sony want to be taken serious as a game console producer, it would do good and listen to the fan base. After the flopped GT6 there is a lot to be made good by the Sony team.

GTHQ_KevinR34  |  August 15th, 2014 at 6:05 am

Hi Sony,

GTHQ is a big online racing community for Holland and Belgium people. Many of this people don’t have a PS4 but are interested to buy it special for Project CARS..

But now…. Many of people on GTHQ don’t have a Thrustmaster.. They must buy a PS4 + an expensive new Thrustmaster.. That cost to much for many people. The result: They said, i don’t buy a PS4. I gonna play Project CARS on the PC with my own wheel.

NateGrigs  |  August 15th, 2014 at 9:12 am

I’m glad to see this gaining steam over the past few days. As much as it pains me, I will not pay for any driving game for the ps4 without g27 support. There is a petition for this on change.org. Anything we can do to put pressure on Sony could help.

OrdealByFire  |  August 15th, 2014 at 10:38 pm

@NateGrigs … likewise. I’m strongly considering getting a G27 wheel with a stand, but I’m sure as heck not spending about $400 on that combo if it won’t work on my PS4. On top of that, I’m not planning on buying *any* racing games if I can’t have a proper wheel work on PS4. Thrustmaster is currently my only option, and I’d never spend ~$700 for one of their wheels with a shifter, excluding a mount stand. This needs to be addressed, and addressed now. I know I, and many other people, will not invest in DriveClub, Project CARS, or any other racing game on PS4 until Logitech and Fanatec wheels are supported.

deiii84  |  August 16th, 2014 at 6:09 am

No hay derecho a sangrar a los usuarios generacion tras generacion… Es vergonzoso que ahora tengais los santos cojones de decir que los volantes logitech no valdran para ps4, en fin, ojala recapaciteis porque sino habra que venderla para comprarse un pc y todas estas tonterias se acabaran

engrobel  |  August 16th, 2014 at 7:42 am

I bought a ps4 to play Project Cars with my Logitech G27 but if there isn’t compatibility with the ps4, I should sell my ps4 for improve my pc which is compatible with my G27 and goodbye GT7…!
(sorry if my english is bad)

J_Keppila  |  August 16th, 2014 at 9:06 am

I wants my G27 to work with PS4! Please make it so.

NissanNut  |  August 16th, 2014 at 5:32 pm

I have been on the fence between buying a PS4 or an XBOX one since they both came out. As long as I can’t use my G27 on either system, I simply won’t buy another console. Looks like I will be switching over to PC, I will be sad to say good bye to the GT franchise, but not supporting the old wheels is absolutely ridiculous. iRacing for this guy.

ShriTheAssKicker  |  August 17th, 2014 at 4:49 am

I bought a logitech g27 last year and a playstation4 this year. I am big fan of racing games and is one of the reason why I bought PS4. This is absolutely ridiculous that PS4 does not support G27, and racing sims like project CARS wont be fun without a wheel.
Please make PS4 G27 compatible and it should be standard feature on all future racing games.

Killomix  |  August 17th, 2014 at 5:06 am

Espero los hagáis compatibles, no creo que sea tan difícil ya que hasta el momento lo han sido y deveis tener todo el software. Dejaros de rollos y hacerlo.

PowerBoulet  |  August 17th, 2014 at 6:03 am

We need Logitech wheels on PS4. I wanna use my G27 with Driveclub.

I6bit  |  August 17th, 2014 at 8:33 am

Honestly before I bought a PS4 I had no doubts in my mind that the logitech G27 would be supported. How is this even a THING???

I will not be buying Driveclub or any other racing game until my wheel has the support it deserves. Like many others here I just can’t play racing games without a wheel and I don’t want to fork out $500 for a thrustmaster.

MAKE IT HAPPEN SONY!!!

FastGT94  |  August 17th, 2014 at 9:38 am

G27 support is a must Sony. What about all those folks who have been participating in the Gran Turismo challenges? Please build in the functionality or at the very least create a piece of hardware that enables the use of race wheels. I have been holding off the purchase of a PS4 waiting on this very decision.

Dale

polilla_83  |  August 17th, 2014 at 10:50 am

please try to fix this and show that you care about your customers

jelpito  |  August 17th, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Por mi parte tengo mi G27 desde hace un buen tiempo lo utilizo con mi PS3 y la Pc, ya tengo mi Ps4 pero no lo he destapado hasta que Sony no resuelva este problema de compatibilidad. Si no lo resuelven pues vendo mi Ps4 y empiezo a jugar en la Pc con mi G27 y me olvido de la PS3.

Tv_Man64  |  August 18th, 2014 at 12:53 am

Both the G25 and the DFGT have to be compatible, hell the DFGT was MADE FOR gran turismo!

llsnoopy  |  August 18th, 2014 at 5:51 am

Merci de rentre compatible les volant G25 et G27 si pas de comptabilité pas de jeux de voiture pas envis de réinvestir 400 euros pour du matérielle que j’ai déjà.

Thank you for re-enters compatible the G25 wheel and G27 if not of accountancy not of plays of cars not envis to reinvest 400 euros for the material one which I

llsnoopy  |  August 18th, 2014 at 5:52 am

Merci de rentre compatible les volant G25 et G27 si pas de comptabilité pas de jeux de voiture pas envie de réinvestir 400 euros pour du matérielle que j’ai déjà.

tornadoscrew  |  August 18th, 2014 at 5:56 am

After that timed exclusive deal that M$ made with tomb raider for the holiday 2015 if i were say andrew house from sony i’d say for goodwill and to attract potential costumers and those are more than just a few thousand gt 6 didn’t do the numbers but still 2,5 million is still alot, do the math how many of those have a wheel??? it be in sony’s interest since they don’t have the finances or deep pockets that M$ has i’d do the single cheapest way to let costumers adopt to the place where RACING titles are being played and say look if you wanna play and drive with the best our platform is home to sim racing like you’ve never experienced before, if i were sony especially with driveclub coming out,project cars which is more or less confirmed on dualshockers that the xbone version isn’t quite there on the 60 fps level the same as ps4 which already flies at a brisk 60fps and 1080p allround with no probs whatsoever, add the upcoming f1 2015 and in the not to distant future gran turismo 7, i mean do the math you might pay royalties or licence fees to immersion but i bet it’s alot cheaper than a timed exclusive deal which costs millions right sony??? the ball is in your court hold up to your slogan thisis4theplayers!!!

tornadoscrew  |  August 18th, 2014 at 6:03 am

woudln’t it be nice to say/add #thisis4theracers for the ps4 platform??

andario1986  |  August 18th, 2014 at 7:39 am

tornadoscrew that´s the sentence of the day!
This is for the reacers i hope so. There are so many people out there who wish their equipment will work with a PS4, me too. So please Sony make it happen. It´s up to you.

JohnSchoonsBeard  |  August 18th, 2014 at 10:14 am

Driving Force GT user here. If it’s licensing how about giving users the chance to pay their own license fees? Come on Sony, sort it out

FLX81  |  August 18th, 2014 at 10:21 am

Sony needs to stop playing with us. They cant act like the good guys and being all “for the players” all the time and then leave wheel owners out in the dry like that. Also racing game developers will severely suffer by wheel owners not bothering to buy their games on PS4 because their wheels dont work. If the T500RS can work ingame on the PS4, there is no reason to stop Logitech and Fanatech wheels from working except for disgusting amounts of greed.

SoCaLLbeer  |  August 18th, 2014 at 11:03 am

Please add support on Ps4 for wheels that are supported on PS3 – Logitch G27/G25/DFGT/DFP, Fanatec GT3/GT2/CRS

big_ron83  |  August 18th, 2014 at 11:57 am

I won´t buy any of the exclusive PS4-wheels since I am very happy with my Logitech G25. And I won´t buy a racing game for PS4 that supports FFB-wheel-control until Sony unlocks a bigger bandwidht of supported wheels, especially widely spread brands like Logitech and Fanatech.

So Sony, it´s up to you to be a scustomer-friednndly as you always try to make believe in your commercials.

Schumi_77  |  August 18th, 2014 at 12:50 pm

It’s pretty clear to me : No support for Logitech Fanatec wheels = no PS4.
That could seem a little too much, but considering that I will now play on PC to use my wheels, I need a better PC and so … won’t be buying a PS4.

misterdog  |  August 18th, 2014 at 5:28 pm

No wheel compatibility is no PS4 for me.
I’ll happily invest my PS4 budget in a pc and i hope many will follow suit.

Ryzza5  |  August 19th, 2014 at 4:52 am

My wheel costs more than the PS4. I am not going to buy a PS4 until you support the wheel. I can build a new PC and install a new version of Windows without breaking compatibility, so get it together Sony!

/Fanatec CSR Elite (emulates Logitech G25 in PS mode) + Clubsport v1 pedals + 6+1 H shifter

GuiltyHobbit  |  August 19th, 2014 at 5:18 am

PS4 is for the players right? Instead of creating a real gaming platform Sony is busy with slapping the real players in the face. The players who made the ps3 gt5 and other racing games a succes.
Think big and ignore the license – money Rtards and give us the wheel support if you want to stay in the console business. I’ve purchased a ps4 because of the good results of the ps3. If the wheel support won’t change i am not looking forward to a ps5 en sony will end up like Nintendo.

Liquid326  |  August 19th, 2014 at 5:43 am

I have decided to not buy any racing games until my G27 is supported on PS4… 🙁

Stolinott  |  August 19th, 2014 at 1:57 pm

Que vais-je devenir maintenant si l’on me demande de changer la totalité de mon matériel?

Je ne découvre pas les jeux de voitures aujourd’hui. J’ai piloté sur les « Gran Turismo » depuis le 2éme. A 50ans bientôt, j’ai réappris à aimer le jeu depuis les confrontations on-line de GT5 mais aussi grâce à la perpétuelle évolution du jeu dû aux évènements saisonniers.

J’y ai tellement pris de plaisir que j’ai fait l’acquisition d’un volant G25. J’envisageais de m’offrir un playseat dans les mois à venir, projet déjà compromis en prévision de l’achat d’une PS4 pour « project car » et autres jeux de courses automobiles.

Je n’ai aucune envie de retourner courir avec une manette depuis que je connais les joies du volant,

Alors je dis « oui » à la compatibilité des volants actuellement acceptés par la PS3 pour la PS4.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 18