Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU

Bring Back SOCOM

Idea 77286 | Posted in , , by | January 10, 2015

The series that paved the way for multiplayer on the PS2 deserves a next-gen game, worthy of the title. Give it a developer that can make it happen!

14 Comments Add your own

WoshJills  |  January 15th, 2015 at 3:42 am

Zipper Interactive — the developers of SOCOM — closed, though. 🙁

Insomnia999  |  January 31st, 2015 at 10:40 am

I don’t see it happening. Zipper is gone and so many other games have the spotlight now – CoD, BF.

Hopefully they make the old ones available to stream on PS Now one day.

H-Hour is coming to PS4 in a few months. That is a spiritual successor to Socom 1 and 2.

MedicineBalls  |  May 5th, 2015 at 10:00 pm

Since socom 2, I have yet to Play a shooter than can compare. This game had everything from flawless map design to an amazing community. There’s nothing out there that even rivals it’s design in terms of tactical gameplay and UI. It was a skill based game that required communication and teamwork. I would easily buy an HD collection day one for full retail price. Bundle it with a headset and take more of my money. There are no third person shooters out now that are competitive, this game is different and deserves its time to reign supreme again. It would thrive in eSports and if marketed correctly with a few clever commercials, I can’t see why, SOCOM could become a household name in the shooter genre. The market is craving something different. CoD is on the decline.

caution-tenfifty  |  June 11th, 2015 at 4:56 am

Try H-hour. It’s socom 2 rebooted for ps4. They can’t call it socom since they sold the rights or something like that. Basically new maps and updated graphics. Socom 2 gameplay.

NJghost79  |  July 11th, 2015 at 3:48 pm

I totally agree!!!! I’ve been a Sony and Socom fan from the very beginning and the Playstation 4 and Vita both need Socom!

NatsuDragonSlaya  |  September 26th, 2015 at 8:56 pm

Screw H-Hour, bring back Socom II Remastered!
I need the game that I played almost 24/7 back!

ION666  |  September 29th, 2015 at 11:11 am

H-Hour is trash. Bring back SOCOM confrontation super HD. The multi player was awesome. now imagine a more polished online connection. The audio was awesome, I remember hearing someone talk down the street in the game and it actually sounded like he was down the street. You had to literally stay quiet so the enemy could not hear you. In game chat was the best.

L2-C2  |  March 18th, 2016 at 2:34 am

I second everything about this post. Socom needs to comeback there’s nothing quite like it on playstation at the moment. I thought it was stupid to take Zipper off Socom to do Mag and both games suffered because of it.

Zachareasy  |  April 14th, 2016 at 5:20 pm

Bring Socom 2 to PS4. You’ll make so much money. Use that to redevelop the franchise.

COD is just the same thing regurgitated a few different ways. It’s not compelling.

Perhaps that’s what you want, a game that gets old after a year so we buy the next one…

Clearly you couldn’t care less about what your fans want. The least you can do is give us a reason as to why you won’t consider this.

thatnigajmac  |  April 16th, 2016 at 8:53 pm

I remember when Socom 1 and 2 were the best shooters on playstation and Tom Clancy games were just garbage that people accidentally rented and never touched again.. it’s so sad to see how things have turned out.

Socom 1 and 2 were the best shooters on playstation at one time so it makes no sense that neither are available on the PSN especially considering way worse games are available and there is no Socom 5 in the works.

thanks for ruining the favorite franchise of tens of thousands of people if not more Sony!

bbhawk5  |  August 19th, 2016 at 4:06 pm

Could Guerrilla Game/Cambridge can make the game?

PAUL-AWOL-  |  January 16th, 2017 at 10:44 pm

Socom is a way of life only Socomers know about. If you played Socom back in the day and remember that first Clan War you was in and beat down a loud mouth rival Clan..

or

How about when you’re the last person left on DG extraction Seals and you know everyone is watching you escorting the fat chick, yeah that feeling I want again.

TrevorBayneFan6  |  May 2nd, 2017 at 3:02 am

I wish they would bring it back huge fan of the series.

xFersureMatt  |  October 19th, 2017 at 12:22 am

There is a game simular to socom called H-Hour on steam! But yeah, other than that there are no games simular sadly :/