Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU

Multiple Primary Systems on PS4

Idea 83900 | Posted in , , by | March 30, 2016

As it is the case with all other PlayStation devices, please allow us to activate at least two PS4 systems with one account for easier management of our content between consoles we own.

17 Comments Add your own

altf4esc  |  April 5th, 2016 at 4:59 am

Two systems would be reasonable. My wife and i have 2 ps4s since a lot of games dont have couch multiplayer. At the momment, i log into my non-primary ps4 to play. This doesnt allow things like auto-upload saves to the cloud.

Kaizin  |  May 10th, 2016 at 5:33 pm

I agree this needs to be looked at a little more. I have seen a friend get compromised and someone hit the “deactivate all” on his account, now he needs to wait six months to play his digital games.

Ace_Man  |  August 23rd, 2016 at 1:48 pm

With the upcoming price increase for PS Plus, we need this more than ever. My wife bought a PS4 just to play a couple games online with me, and I can’t use any of the features I pay for, or play my games if the internet goes out. Also my wife can’t use my system (bigger tv) if she wants. I’d even be willing to completely give up the ability to use my account features on any other system, 2 primaries, no secondaries. Could even make that a choice when subscribing. My wife is a stay at home mom, so I’m paying for all of it anyway. Need to get way more views on this idea.

livingnightmare  |  September 5th, 2016 at 1:03 am

I wish I could upvote this more than once. I tweet back to @AskPlayStation every time they post about activating a PS4 that there needs to be at least 2 since dual console homes are becoming much more common.

I got my second console back when Destiny came out and play that a lot with my wife. First time PSN went down I couldn’t play anything I owned since the system she plays on is registered as my primary. She doesn’t have PS+ and I’m not buying it twice just so I can access my content when PSN goes down. Shouldn’t have to either.

Seems like they really don’t care either. I said something to them yesterday and they sent me to the community forum to make a suggestion. I did and was then told that was wrong and was sent here which is how I found this.

I was going to make my suggestion but then I found this post. They really should offer more space in the suggestion field since what they give isn’t enough to properly “argue” in favor of the suggestion.

csrogue  |  September 13th, 2016 at 6:12 pm

This option is so important for families. Have 2 young kids and would love the convenience when my pro arrives to be able to have that and my launch ps4’s activated under my account.

This would be a massive addition for all the playstation users out there.

Please consider it.

RunOnTheRoof72  |  September 30th, 2016 at 7:58 pm

It’s incredible how this feature is so overlooked. Huge for families with multiple consoles. Sony too afraid to upset developers rather than building a better relationship with consumers smh

jerk_man  |  November 4th, 2016 at 8:02 am

I mean, I can see why it would be hard because of auto uploading and what not. Imagine 2 systems auto uploading save data of the same game to the cloud at the same time. It’d probaby glitch the system. But there should be a feature that detects other ps4s on the same network and allows those ps4s to play your games on any account.

Pudge1997  |  November 6th, 2016 at 9:28 pm

With the pro coming soon I planned on giving my son my PS4. Due to this limitation I may just sell it. I get the need to keep people from abusing it but as stated elsewhere more and more houses have more than one console…I would get 3 but there is no point with these rules/limits.

davishepard  |  November 23rd, 2016 at 10:36 pm

This is a much needed feature. I think two is a very reasonable number, and it would fulfil a lot of people’s needs. Having only one primary system is a step back from the PS3. Please, Playstation, allow two primary system or at least rhe secondary to have the same privileges of the primary.

Band2eto  |  November 27th, 2016 at 2:08 am

This should be mandatory. As someone already said, with the SLIM/PRO out in the wild, being able to register at least 2 PS4’s makes absolute sense!

AQuimby  |  December 21st, 2016 at 2:54 pm

It actually a little ridiculous that I cant have all my stuff on 2 at the same time. I have 2 kids and would like them to enjoy all the PS plus benefits, play and switch freely between all of the games I have purchased for them on 2 systems at the same time. I bought 2 systems. Why am I being restricted? I would also like to purchase a 3rd for myself to play but it would be completely worthless at this point.

manlikejonathan  |  January 14th, 2017 at 3:01 pm

The PS3 allowed 5 at some point! And the fact is some people are actually rich enough to buy more than 5. This should be unlimited.

legendaryboss200  |  August 8th, 2017 at 6:40 pm

The PS3 is able to have a few active. So what happened to PS4?

GrimeyBeats404  |  September 9th, 2017 at 5:18 pm

You should at least be able have up to five systems per household and be able to register them under a single house. This will make it easier when having multiple systems and not brick your ps4 if your internet goes down.

z_man9624  |  September 20th, 2017 at 11:09 am

As someone with 5 kids its very hard to manage downloaded content when my kids can only use the primary device. I have 2 PS4’s and only if my kids could use both machines with online content.

Upvote! Upvote! Upvote!

Capoesjon  |  November 30th, 2017 at 8:37 am

My girlfriend and I (who live together) want to raid together.. Bought 2 playstations (cost about a 1000 bucks) just to be forced to do it their way. I have to raid in bed while she has to play in the living room. Just give me and her the freedom to play on whatever station in our OWN house!

How this slipped in is totally ridiculous, Playstation is gutting itself with the makeup of upcoming households. When I was young I would get a console from my parents, they didnt use it nor dit they care about it. Now I live with my girlfriend, she games, I game, we both game at the same time, in a couple years our kids are going to be gamers(probs) and if this continues there will be no Playstations in our house, I’m not forking over 2000 bucks to not be able to play wherever I want to play.

I do understand their concerns about gamesharing, still it would be an easy fix to restrict Primarys on 1 Public IP. That way at least in 1 house you can go arround all playstations accessing the same content.