Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU

Allow Media Apps to Be Placed into Folders

Idea 86475 | Posted in , , , by | September 14, 2016

Please allow users to place media apps into folders like we now can with games.

16 Comments Add your own

iVagah  |  September 15th, 2016 at 2:52 pm

Good idea! I was just thinking, yesterday, that its such a pain to have to go all the way over and then all the way to the bottom of the list just to watch HBO GO.

KBG29  |  September 17th, 2016 at 2:42 am

This would be a huge improvement. We don’t need Video Apps placed in your special folder anymore now that we can do it ourselves.

Having the ability to lock apps to a certaint location would be a blessing compared to the constantly shuffling list of apps we have right now.

smokeydahair  |  October 10th, 2016 at 6:39 pm

It’s absolutely ridiculous that we’re required to scroll to the bottom of the list to open YouTube or Netflix or whatever app. At the very least, our downloaded apps should appear at the top of the list.

JacksonWrath  |  March 1st, 2017 at 2:58 am

I alos support this. At the very least move our installed apps to the top of the TV & Video folder. If I haven’t downloaded the 15 other apps by now, I’m not gonna.

FuriousAngelX47  |  March 16th, 2017 at 5:58 am

They should get rid of the TV & Video folder altogether and let us organize these apps in our own folders.

slave3  |  June 3rd, 2017 at 12:59 pm

Love this idea. There are TV & Video apps that I am never going to use. It would be nice to have the option to delete or hide them. Even folders would be a step up. As of now I scroll passed a handful of apps I never use to get to HBO Now, which keeps moving around to different positions on the grid.

iaoth  |  July 6th, 2017 at 7:54 am

Seconded! Especially now that the “new TV & video experience” is rolling out, which makes it even more annoying to access my most used media apps, I desperately need this.

fbunnyuk  |  July 11th, 2017 at 9:04 am

TV & Video experience update is awful, I hate the fact that it takes time to load and there is no pattern to the apps listed, at least put the ones purchased/used at the beginning.

iaoth  |  September 21st, 2017 at 7:58 am

Please Sony, at least roll back the new TV & Video experience. The apps I’ve installed are now disappearing off the right side of the screen, pushed away by icons for apps I don’t have. Stop!

AtlasRising83  |  October 9th, 2017 at 7:21 pm

This is the worst thing I have ever seen from a console. I can’t move apps around? I can’t get rid of Hulu and WWE?! I don’t have any interest in any of the things I don’t pay for or want. Is that surprising? That kind of marketing makes me actively block and ignore the products and encourage others to do the same. Show some class and listen to the customer and not the board, Sony.

Bkidz18  |  January 31st, 2018 at 4:13 pm

Playstation, please help us out here. I just bought a new PS4 primarily because I was looking for a high quality device allowing me to play Blu-Rays and also stream Netflix, HBOGo, Amazon, etc. I was so excited today when I downloaded all the necessary apps only to be immediately disappointed to see the pain I am going to have always sifting and sorting through ads for apps I don’t want. Please let me put the apps I want to use in a spot where I can easily access them. This is a terrible user experience.

Nicodemus708  |  March 29th, 2018 at 10:04 am

I’d like to know who the but threads down voting this are? seriously what part of this sounds bad.