Join Now   Login PlayStation.Blog
Select a Language: English
  Visit: PlayStation.Blog.EU

Bulk Delete Notifications and Messages

Idea 86462 | Posted in , , , by | September 14, 2016

Please offer users the ability to easily remove large numbers of notifications and messages at once.

15 Comments Add your own

smokeydahair  |  October 10th, 2016 at 6:37 pm

Agreed. Anyone who has been the victim of the PS messages spam prank will agree that we need the ability to mass delete. Nothing like getting 100 messages in a minute and having to spend at least an hour deleting them all.

WHYNOT44  |  December 7th, 2016 at 10:43 pm

My PS4 doesn’t even give me the option to delete items under the “notifications” section. This needs to be fixed.

Just_Toast  |  December 12th, 2016 at 1:02 pm

Agreed.The messaging system is a mess and needs to be addressed.

JoshuaJames321  |  March 6th, 2017 at 9:20 am

i agree this needs to happen especially when someone uses spam bot against you and you have to delete each message individually

FuriousAngelX47  |  March 16th, 2017 at 5:54 am

Yes! They should also give us an option to clear all notifications from notifications.

MrHarryBergeron  |  March 26th, 2017 at 7:10 pm

Had this spam thing happen to me. Friggin’ lame PSN, c’mon. Fix this!

Plus I can’t even report the user. Have to report the text he sent which is just going to get ignored.

Cutey-Nerdy  |  June 21st, 2017 at 1:57 am

I agree!The notification list right now is very inconvenient with how we can’t delete notifications such as game invites ,someone has joined a party, or you got a message. I would like the mark all as read feature back.

Someguy12121  |  July 1st, 2017 at 12:30 am

Well they didn’t see the need to do this on PS3 where they had the option to do it for photos, movies, game saves, etc, but not the most common sense thing.

miiikkeyyyy  |  July 20th, 2017 at 1:17 am

How has this not been implemented yet??

Dragoner_Hitman7  |  October 5th, 2017 at 7:52 am

This idea needs more votes and a tone of share support on the social media like:

FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, tumblr & more….

we all need to help get this thing out there so it can get more help and support to get more votes…

xKazKadEx  |  November 3rd, 2017 at 9:15 pm

I would also like to be able to delete messages again completely they took that away it just so cluttered

xKazKadEx  |  November 9th, 2017 at 8:18 pm

PSN isn’t even listening I don’t know why this page is here if they don’t read it

rabbit0heart  |  June 10th, 2018 at 6:32 pm

I hope this would include deleting messages from a chat— I don’t need months or years old messages from anyone!

Someguy12121  |  November 12th, 2018 at 4:06 pm

I have been begging this for almost a decade. The PS3 enabled users to delete all messages but only protect 50 messages. It just seems that these extremely easy to implement ideas are just being ignored.

Shine-Like-Eyes  |  November 19th, 2018 at 2:18 pm

Messages should be permanently deleted. They shouldn’t just come back when you start messaging after leaving a group.